[outdated] Caustic Arrow Solo Map MFer (20/300+)

"
Are we settled on dropping blood rage yet?

I'm still not sure myself. If we have a 4/5 link CoH/frenzy/gmp/vul/chain to curse and stack frenzy with, are we really losing that much time? We do two things at once and free up enough link space for a defensive cast of hit setup.

What is everyone else thinking?

In my current setup dropping Blood Rage would yield Minion Speed.... My point is there isn't any real gain to dropping it.

I'm most likely going to keep it.
I am dealing 4352 dps/sec at level 67, and I feel it is not enough, is there anything I can do to increase it. I have points into all of the chaos damage nodes and entropy and have a +2 4l bow.
"
"
Are we settled on dropping blood rage yet?

I'm still not sure myself. If we have a 4/5 link CoH/frenzy/gmp/vul/chain to curse and stack frenzy with, are we really losing that much time? We do two things at once and free up enough link space for a defensive cast of hit setup.

What is everyone else thinking?

In my current setup dropping Blood Rage would yield Minion Speed.... My point is there isn't any real gain to dropping it.

I'm most likely going to keep it.

For me, it's not about what I get out of dropping BR, it's about what I lose when using it. After I get my frenzy charges up, it only takes me firing once every 14 seconds to keep the charges going, and you're definitely going to be doing this anyway as it's how you curse. With BR, I'd have to use a pot at least once every 14 seconds anyway, it's more risky as I'm under constant degen rather than regen, and I don't actually gain anything from BR other than the instant frenzy charges at the beginning, which doesn't really speed up clearspeed that much.

Anyway, since people are still wondering about the MF aspect, I'll link the gear I'm using to run Sadima's+Goldwyrm+2x Andys+Carcass+Drillneck, sitting at 32/208.
Spoiler

No res on jewels, running Purity of Elements+Grace. Still looking for another jewel with 2 offensive affixes and a 6l+3 bow with an open prefix, but outside of that I consider this gear to be mostly complete.

Quite frankly, I found that it's very cheap to pick up rares with good enough res/life to run all the listed uniques. Sitting at ~4k life, and while ideally I'd want more, I could only get a couple hundred at most from a pair of gloves, so I feel that using Sadima's is more than worth it.

As far as links go, ideally I'd want to link my auras to Enlighten, but it's not strictly necessary, so I'm just leveling up PAs in my spare slots. Same with my CoH setup; I find that curse coverage with 65% pierce is more than enough, so I've left it as a 4l and just put another PA in the spare slot.

For ele weakness and low regen maps, I switch to a rare chest with higher res. Ele weakness is self-explanatory, low regen so that I can run Clarity instead of Purity as low regen maps are slow without it.
If you're running Drillneck anyway, would Pierce not yield more damage than Slower Projectiles for Poison Arrow?
"
Rush042 wrote:
If you're running Drillneck anyway, would Pierce not yield more damage than Slower Projectiles for Poison Arrow?

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1291803/page/88#p11093889

"
I am dealing 4352 dps/sec at level 67, and I feel it is not enough, is there anything I can do to increase it. I have points into all of the chaos damage nodes and entropy and have a +2 4l bow.

* Gem levels (+Empower)
* Frenzy charges
* Drillneck
* +3 bow
* Don't forget projectile nodes, ofc.
* Damage jewels
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
It depends on gear i guess but atm i have no problem with blood rage degen, maybe i will remember the degen after i find a new ammu with int iir and resi.

Yah all need +1 Frenzy boots exiles they are cheap!

Once again this build is so nice for farming thanks alot, Rocking 77-78Maps with no problems with a lvl3 empower +2 bow only, 20/20 PA.!
The greatest tragedy in life is wasted talent.!
And remember exiles, good loot it's a illusion.
"
brandonkav wrote:

I am running 72 maps with 3,9k cloud DPS and it's going fine. Are you using the vulnerability curse and keep your frenzy charges up?
though I wouldnt recommend running 72 maps with 4k cloud dps. If you are MF'ing thats just plain ineffective.
hey i been on tempest first time playing poison arrow build, currently lv46, i do think that single target is abit weak, i alr hv +1 4l bow. do u think any thing cn help me out with single target?
1st recommendation is grab a cheap 5 link bow and Alt spam it to get +2 bow gems. This will result in some of the best damage increase just by improving the PA level immediately.

As for single target damage, grab a Flame Totem and link that to whatever gems you like/have available (e.g. faster projectiles, fire penetration, etc).

Now during game play throw your totem, curse your single target with Vulnerability and then PA them to an early grave. Vulnerability is key here as it increases by one third our damage over time (DOT) damage which in this case would be the PA degen, plus the burn from the Flame Totem.

The other key factor here is your Flame Totem is likely to stop your enemy in his tracks as he deals with that threat, which means he's sitting in your chaos cloud the whole time. Perfect :)

EDIT - Oops, just noticed you're comment about being lvl 46. That's pretty low for PA but I was also using it around then. You won't be able to craft +2 on a bow unless it is an ilevel 64 but you can probably pick up an already crafted one from poetrade for a few chaos that is both ilevel 64 and a low required level so you can equip it sooner. That's what I did and from memory there were a few required level 51 bows that had the +2 bow gems mod.

Everything else about the Flame Totem still holds true at your current level.

Also, team up in a party for some quick leveling. Let the grunts take care of the single targets while you assist or help with crowd control. One great advantage of PA is the ability to rip into enemy health immediately without have to erode the energy shield first. This can be a big help in parties!
Last edited by Aldora_the_Summoner on Jul 24, 2015, 11:17:08 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info