[outdated] Caustic Arrow Solo Map MFer (20/300+)

How are you guys cursing? I tried a few options yesterday and I'm not really convinced of any of them. I tried SA - Chain - CoH, LA - GMP - CoH and Curse - FC - IAoE. out of these the self curse felt the best imo.
"
Flouyd wrote:
How are you guys cursing? I tried a few options yesterday and I'm not really convinced of any of them. I tried SA - Chain - CoH, LA - GMP - CoH and Curse - FC - IAoE. out of these the self curse felt the best imo.

I feel the same way. The only reason I'm going to end up switching to a CoH setup once I get my bow 6L'd is to break barrels.

Either that, or I'll put my portal gem on swap to free up a hotkey and throw Split Arrow in.
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
Last edited by Serleth on Jul 22, 2015, 2:58:33 AM
Ser, thank you very much for this build and to be so "pédagogique" (apologize for this frenglish).
I have a noob question: is vulnerability curse working when applied after the poison cloud or monsters have to be cursed prior to the poison degen starts ?
"
Oxtov wrote:
Ser, thank you very much for this build and to be so "pédagogique" (apologize for this frenglish).
I have a noob question: is vulnerability curse working when applied after the poison cloud or monsters have to be cursed prior to the poison degen starts ?

You're welcome =)

After is fine.
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
Last edited by Serleth on Jul 22, 2015, 6:09:26 AM
Thanks for the quick answer

So, as soon as you curse a mob the cloud degen damage get +33%.
Obviously the sooner the better

And what about temporal chains ?
Has it an hidden damage effect ( it slows time for the mobs, they should take more damage - like puncture ?

It is frustrating, i can't play these days - only make some theoric thoughts and wait next week.

Hopefully i have my daily shoot with the reading of this blog ;))

Last edited by Oxtov on Jul 22, 2015, 9:16:22 AM
I've just got a 5 linked armor, what do you recommend putting in there? I fail to understand the way you've set up the gemlinks section.

Any chance you could set it up like

Bow: 6l with Empower - Slower proc - Poison arrow - etc. you get the idea.
Chest:
Helm:
Gloves:
Boots:

Hope it's not too much to ask for.
"
Flouyd wrote:

+ 1 Additional Arrow Drill Neck (or Rare Quiver, only use drillneck if you want even more damage)

Suppose that you're using a +1 Additional Curse amulet.

Ice Shot + Curse on Hit + Vulnerability + Temporal Chains (Chill + Temp Chains = Stopga from Kingdom Hearts)

No Additional Curse then go:

Ice Shot + Lmp(or Fork for increased Chill Area) + Curse on Hit + Vulnerability.

The first setup is for efficiency,
Vulnerability + Chill + Temp Chains = Vunerable Mobs exposed to the Poison Cloud for a long time = More Damage = More Clear Speed.

The +1 Additional Arrow on the quiver is good because you won't need a LMP/GMP for your curse setup, since Ice Shot covers a HUGE area because of this build, carcass jack + witch area nodes (even carcass jack alone is enough).

I'm Aiming for this Setup:

6L +3 Gems/Tri Res Bow (aiming for Culling Strike on implicit [No Idea if Culling Strike works with DoT tho])
6L Carcass Jack with Puncture +Slower Projectiles +Faster Projectiles +Added Chaos +Pierce(Drillneck) +Hypothermia(because of Ice Shot)
4L Ice Shot +Curse On Hit +Temporal Chains +Vulnerability
4L Vaal Rain of Arrows, Blood Rage +Increased Duration, Blink Arrow (Interesting fact about Vaal Rain of Arrows, it works as a AoE Bear Trap, so it's awesome for bosses and nasty packs with curse immune. [Bosses have a reduction on curse effect])
4L Enlighten, Grace, Haste, Arctic Armour (Only in case i'm using an Alpha's Howl + Charisma, if not, i'll drop Haste, i want haste for clear speed tho.)
Corrupted Drillneck(Or Random Quiver with Resists) +1 Additional Arrow

My strategy will make the mobs vulnerable +chill+tempchains the mobs and poison the shit out of them, for bosses apply puncture over the poison cloud will melt them down.

But this whole setup is only if you want to min-max the build, it's a little bit expensive, but you can consume Maps like a freakin devourer with this. You'll hardly die using this setup i do believe =)
Dream with me !
Last edited by Hilldrake on Jul 22, 2015, 11:08:54 AM
Question about

I put it into the gem slot right of Nullification for 20% chaos dmg. Its still not worth it i guess?
Reach out and touch hate.
Just something I've found if you've been waiting a long time to craft your bow. Try hold out until you reach level 71 mobs (or rare 69 monsters). Look for a Maraketh bow to craft - this weapon has a 6% movement speed implicit mod.

Assuming you weren't lucky enough to find a 6-linked or +3 gem bow already, using this bow base can help with kiting/general mobility.
"
lakuphL wrote:
I've just got a 5 linked armor, what do you recommend putting in there? I fail to understand the way you've set up the gemlinks section.

Any chance you could set it up like

Bow: 6l with Empower - Slower proc - Poison arrow - etc. you get the idea.
Chest:
Helm:
Gloves:
Boots:

Hope it's not too much to ask for.

In general the rest of the links you want are flexible in how you do them. The only required things are Blood Rage, Vulnerability, and Flame Golem. How you support them will change depending on your resistances etc. For example Flame Golem benefits a lot from the minion life support gem, but it isn't required. Vulnerability could be an on-hit cast or self-cast (if so, faster casting really helps). And once you get a lot of the expensive gear, you will probably have to run purity of X for resistance help, but until then run whatever you need aura-wise.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info