[outdated] Caustic Arrow Solo Map MFer (20/300+)

"
Serleth wrote:
"
HOLLA wrote:
Hey love the guide first off, building my first Talisman character completely based on it. This is my first ever time doing mapping and it seems pretty good so far, despite my obvious inexperience. Got a question sorry if its been asked before, I've noticed the goldwyrm you have is 27% IIQ but the new ones in talisman are 14%-20%. The 20% ones are super expensive, is it even worth buying a 18% or lower one ? Thanks!

Glad to hear things are going well for you.

First off, any additional quantity is good quantity. You want Goldwyrms ideally but you're fine running a 16% Sadimas until you can afford Goldwyrms. Sadimas will cost you an alc.

For Goldwyrm, any roll 17% or above is worth buying. With patience you can get an 18% one for 40-50 chaos probably. The extra 2% isn't that significant short term, but long term it pays off so it's up to you if you want to hold out and shell the extra 50 chaos for a perfect 20%.

You can always resell the less-than-perfect ones later.

The 27% is legacy. Ie., rolls that high don't drop anymore, so it's only available in Standard.

Okay I Took your advice, waited for a decent sale on a 20% Goldwyrm.
Got this beauty but man did it ever cost me an arm and a leg... 81c for the ex pure he wanted + 18 additional chaos, straight broke now eh! Ah well I'm over it, time to start working on my first Advarius!
Thank you again, cant wait to get the REAL IIR stacked up.
Last edited by HOLLA on Jan 2, 2016, 3:28:52 AM
"
Serleth wrote:

First off, any additional quantity is good quantity.

aurseize....
No rest for the wicked
"
mezmery wrote:
"
Serleth wrote:

aurseize....

.... is worse than not having any quantity.

And is still expensive anyway (50c for a high roll).

You're better off getting 100-150% IIR (doable without Andvarius) and getting quantity, rather than pushing 150-200% IIR with no quantity.

@Holla, perfect (literally 100% perfect) Goldwyrm for 1.2ex is a steal.

Nice grab.
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
Last edited by Serleth on Jan 2, 2016, 4:23:06 AM
"
Serleth wrote:
"
mezmery wrote:
"
Serleth wrote:

aurseize....

.... is worse than not having any quantity.

And is still expensive anyway (50c for a high roll).

You're better off getting 100-150% IIR (doable without Andvarius) and getting quantity, rather than pushing 150-200% IIR with no quantity.

@Holla, perfect (literally 100% perfect) Goldwyrm for 1.2ex is a steal.

Nice grab.

ye, i meant that

ps
10 c :D
No rest for the wicked
Yeah, MF items in hardcore, significantly cheaper.
"
Serleth wrote:
Yeah, MF items in hardcore, significantly cheaper.

so true

4c
Hey :)

don't worry about 'viability' all the time, this build does perfectly fine.

Either you are going to crash content on your own
or
you will be able to afford a service.

Reached 91 today and am still blasted.
Dropped close to every T1 this league alone, including the 'real' Shavs. Bought an Empower 4 and corrupted my new levelled gems, luckily the CA went to 21/20 and the VM got gutted.

Finished on both the unID uniques, the Divcard and the Vinktar Square Boss challenges. Missing Zana only =)

on 92 I get another jewel and on 94 the last possible for this build. Can focus on damage / life in both, res are capped. Somehow sales started to get good again since ppl are having time, selling multiple rares with mastercrafted life / res for few chaos.
IGN: WildTortillaFart
Is pierce gem better than rapid decay/slower projectiles/empower3/void manipulation or it's just mistake of https://vmoddin.wordpress.com/poisonarrow? Seriously, all those gems I mentioned seems worse than pierce gem! Only VM is very close, but still worse (of course with Drillneck). Need to check it later myself :o
What do you think off "Bladefall" as an addition/replacement for this build? I tried it out with my Shadow to help pass normal, and it's pretty sold until now. I'm only using BF+ Spell totem + added chaos damage + faster casting. By that it fell in the same category and benefits from the chaos damage of your build. Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance.
"
Gosen wrote:
Is pierce gem better than rapid decay/slower projectiles/empower3/void manipulation or it's just mistake of https://vmoddin.wordpress.com/poisonarrow? Seriously, all those gems I mentioned seems worse than pierce gem! Only VM is very close, but still worse (of course with Drillneck). Need to check it later myself :o

There's something strange you're doing with the CA calc if you're getting pierce to report a higher dps than VM/RD.

Pierce is only 35% increased (assuming you follow the guide as I've written it) compared to the "more" damage of either VM or RD.

"
What do you think off "Bladefall" as an addition/replacement for this build? I tried it out with my Shadow to help pass normal, and it's pretty sold until now. I'm only using BF+ Spell totem + added chaos damage + faster casting. By that it fell in the same category and benefits from the chaos damage of your build. Any thoughts?

I have not used Bladefall yet.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info