[outdated] Caustic Arrow Solo Map MFer (20/300+)

First of all, thanks for good guide.

I am now leveling this as my first real MFer (currently mere level 25) and it seems like the Silverbranch gives a nice boost in leveling speed:

The +1 to bow skills is worse that +1 to all obv, but the 10 mana on kill is a real winner here.

What do you think of it? Can it be used up untill +2 Bow skills weapon for pure PA leveling?
Sorry if this was covered somewhere, but 180+ pages are beyond my patience =)

Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way.
Yeah, naturally. The only reason it isn't mentioned directly in the guide is because the guide is built around setting the character up in a brand new league, where access to Silverbranch is more limited, and trying to min-max currency usage is critical.

Given that you can ID a +1 magic bow relatively early (ilvl 9), I didn't consider it worth bringing up. Any +1 bow will do if you want to level directly with PA as soon as possible. Silverbranch is just obviously BiS for doing so for the MGOK reason you brought up.
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
Last edited by Serleth on Oct 11, 2015, 1:45:58 PM
Excellent guide !

My Gems are close to lvl. 20 and I'd like to know what I should Quality first please ? Got ~35GCP.
The PA gem itself is the only one you have to worry about as a primary concern for quality, as the AoE coverage is massive for helping clear rooms, strongboxes, and shrines.

The only exception to that priority is Empower, as gem level trumps AoE.

Everything else you can just do the vendor recipe to go to 1/20% and then re-level the gems.
"
Serleth wrote:
"
_BUKSi_ wrote:
"
Serleth wrote:

Get a portal gem...

Alrighty, as for my other question, should I use the bow I just dropped and 5l/6l it or sell it?

If you aren't currently using a +3 bow, then yes, you should definitely 5L/6L it and use it yourself.

"
One last question, should I regal my bow now, or craft no atk mod on it first? Still newbie in crafting.

Ideally you actually want to start by mastercrafting a suffix on a white bow, then regal/scour/regal etc. until you regal +2 on its own.

* Then master-remove the suffix
* Then multimod / no attack / random suffix / random prefix so you only have one prefix left
* Exalt +1
* Master-remove so you're left with just a +2/+1 bow
* Then multimod again and get two resistances on it to make gearing everything else easier.

You would want to be working with a ilvl 64+ short/grove/thicket bow or maraketh, depending on your preference for higher base attack speed or the implicit movement speed.

If you can't afford doing the ideal craft like I did:

Spoiler

Then just regal / no attack / exalt spam.

Hi Serleth.
I am newbie with crafting and I have question about above crafting?
I can't understand one point:

1) take white bow (+64lvl),
2) Orb of Transmutation/Orb of Alteration until get +2bow on its own
3) Use Regal orb for make rare item. And here My question? How can I remove random suffix/preffix after use regal?. You wrote Then master-remove the suffix Who can remove and how? I know Masters can remove suffix/preffix but crafting not after used e.g regal orb.
4) The rest I understent.... :)

Best Regards
Last edited by Slimak1980 on Oct 12, 2015, 3:54:25 AM
"
Slimak1980 wrote:
1) take white bow (+64lvl),
2) Orb of Transmutation/Orb of Alteration until get +2bow on its own
3) Use Regal orb for make rare item. And here My question? How can I remove random suffix/preffix after use regal?. You wrote Then master-remove the suffix Who can remove and how? I know Masters can remove suffix/preffix but crafting not after used e.g regal orb.
4) The rest I understent.... :)

Best Regards

Because the part I bolded in your message is incorrect.

1) Take a white bow
2) Mastercraft a suffix (which will turn it blue)
3) Regal
4) If necessary, scour and repeat 2 & 3 until you get +2 bow gems (it has to be +2 bow gems, can't be +1 all gems)

At that point, you will have a rare bow with +2 bow gems and a mastercrafted suffix. Which you then bench-scour with Tora's bench, which will leave you with a rare bow that has just +2 bow gems.

Then follow the rest.
Last edited by Serleth on Oct 12, 2015, 4:00:45 AM
Hi

Thx, now I understand.
I found on wiki difference way, but need more exalt:
http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Crafting

Alternatively, take any iLVL 64 bow, preferably a cheap 6 link with MS or high APS.

1) Roll single stat +2 bow gems
2) Add Cannot roll attack mods (1 ex)
3) Regal (safe cause the only prefix that can roll is +1 Gems)
4) If you hit the +1 gem good
5) if not exalt
6) after you hit +1 gem remove the Cat Mod and add the Leo mod for DOT
7) if you want Reroll the Leo mod until 30%
8) Exalt out the remaining suffixes

Yeah that's the cheaper method if all you're really concerned with is getting the +3.

The method I describe is specifically for crafting a PA MF bow with dual resistances to help with gearing.

I found it was extremely difficult to keep res capped without taking nodes on the tree if I wanted to wear Carcass Jack, but getting a dual res +3 bow made Carcass Jack super easy to fit into the build and actually freed up a jewel slot for me to get more damage as well.

=)
I wanted to ask a question which it has to do with movement. Now I am going for full IIQ and IIR which means I even use aursize. I do use carcass jack instead of greed's embrace cause I'll need the extra AoE.

But one thing that bothers me to no end is my movement speed. Now to some degree this is mitigated with quicksilver flasks but I'm not the kind of person who is constantly poping flasks, in fact I make it a point not to because I don't deal very well having multiple active things.

What would you sugest to try and improve my speed? Aursize eats 5% and I only get 10% from goldwyrms. The tree doesn't gives me any speed as I remember it... I know I could gets a +3 bow with up to 6% but that's still a pretty low speed overall and all of my gear is mostly comited to either resistence or IIR.
"The heavens burned
The stars cried out
And under the ashes of infinity
Hope, scarred and bleeding breathed it's last."
"
Elhazzared wrote:
I wanted to ask a question which it has to do with movement. Now I am going for full IIQ and IIR which means I even use aursize. I do use carcass jack instead of greed's embrace cause I'll need the extra AoE.

But one thing that bothers me to no end is my movement speed. Now to some degree this is mitigated with quicksilver flasks but I'm not the kind of person who is constantly poping flasks, in fact I make it a point not to because I don't deal very well having multiple active things.

What would you sugest to try and improve my speed? Aursize eats 5% and I only get 10% from goldwyrms. The tree doesn't gives me any speed as I remember it... I know I could gets a +3 bow with up to 6% but that's still a pretty low speed overall and all of my gear is mostly comited to either resistence or IIR.

My recommendation to you is one of two, if not both, of the following:

a) Sacrifice something on the tree to take Quickstep.
b) Sacrifice Goldwyrm, replacing them with rare boots with resistances, life, and movement speed and offsetting some of the lost IIQ by using Perandus Blazon instead.

There are a few things to consider with part B however.

1) There's no realistic way you're going to be easily replacing the fire resistance, since on the typical setup you're ideally going to have at least 35% fire resistance off a rare belt and probably 45% off Goldwyrm, for a net of ~80%. Blazon covers off 20%, but that still leaves you at -60% to deal with. You would pretty much need a 40%+ roll on your rare boots to cover off enough to be even close to comfortable. If you do the self-crafted bow as described, you can get the rest dealt with but I try to not blatantly encourage expensive methods of gearing to try keep this guide as noob-friendly as possible, but that's your best option to offset the res issues that will arise.

2) You're losing 60% mana regeneration, which can be a gaping problem with with -% regen maps.

3) The counter-balance is that you'll probably be able to squeak out a couple extra levels of clarity thanks to the +all attributes of Blazon. I haven't tested this particular gearing out, so I can't directly speak to its effectiveness.
Last edited by Serleth on Oct 12, 2015, 4:54:38 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info