[outdated] Caustic Arrow Solo Map MFer (20/300+)

RNG God finally blessed me. Time to sell this and get me some drillneck+goldwyrms.
Also finally crafted my +3 bow. What a time to play poe :)

//edit: Carcass jack dropped to me and my friend right now. I died to my mouse problems just as it dropped but friend gave it to me since he's geared enough already. Do many people use it with this build? Considering using it but gotta get better resists from rares first.
Last edited by Lolpy on Sep 7, 2015, 4:42:42 PM
"
Lolpy wrote:
//edit: Carcass jack dropped to me and my friend right now. I died to my mouse problems just as it dropped but friend gave it to me since he's geared enough already. Do many people use it with this build? Considering using it but gotta get better resists from rares first.

It's BiS after you get res balanced around it.
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
Last edited by Serleth on Sep 7, 2015, 8:09:55 PM
Since i am in standard:

What would you switch out for an IIQ gem? Would you switch out anything at all or would the clearspeed get hit too hard?
Assuming your gear is iiq/iir balanced in such a way to make it appropriate to do so, I'd swap IIR out for IIQ. Or if you were running 20% PA + Carcass, you could drop +AoE instead as long as you don't mind refiring a helluva lot more, but Empower, SProj and Conc Effect are all un-touchable.

That leaves only IIR and AoE as potential swap gems.
Last edited by divine2k3 on Sep 8, 2015, 6:33:40 AM
Glad to hear it! I decided to not actually play Tempest beyond getting the challenges complete so it's good to have some more confirmation that the HC MF tree is working into the 90s =D
@ Serleth

Thanks for the tips!! Life on the ammy really made a difference. Am just gonna work on buying the right jewels until I can afford to run drillneck and have around 5K life now I think.

Btw to the person who asked about Carcass, I can run with it and a 20/23 PA and have no problems with AOE. It allows me to run IIR in a 5 link, with is a slightly cheaper option until I can get a 6 link. On full regen maps I can even run a 21/0 PA with it and not have too many issues, its only on no regen maps where I feel the extra arrows.

Actually I have a question regarding that, if you have EX for days mode, would the BIS option be a 6 link with a 21/20 PA, pierce, and IIR? Assuming you had Carcass and Drillneck? If you where going for UBER farm is there anything you would want to replace IIR with for more damage?
Yeah I'm using the carcass now and its great. I'm still lacking a bit on resists and life though. Running with 4100 life which gets me killed quite often, and while my resists are capped normally, they arent yet capped on ele weakness maps. But I can fix the resists by getting a bit better belt and amulet.
Life is a bit harder though, I should be able to get +50 more from amulet easily but then it gets hard and expensive :|. Although my jewels are pretty bad currently so need to start improving on them.

Finally got my 3x poison arrows to lvl20. And corrupted lvl21 on the first try. Q0 though but it's fine.

Apart from gathering resists and life, build is starting to get "finished" over here. Didnt really expect this much progress on so short notice :). Just few days ago my PA dps with charges+golem was somewhere around 12k and now its over 20k. And now that we are doing high level maps (76-80), T1 uniques seem to have started dropping surprisingly often in the last 2 days.
"
classyjoes wrote:
@ Serleth

Thanks for the tips!! Life on the ammy really made a difference. Am just gonna work on buying the right jewels until I can afford to run drillneck and have around 5K life now I think.

Actually I have a question regarding that, if you have EX for days mode, would the BIS option be a 6 link with a 21/20 PA, pierce, and IIR? Assuming you had Carcass and Drillneck? If you where going for UBER farm is there anything you would want to replace IIR with for more damage?

You're welcome =)

Carcass sockets don't even really matter. 5L for CoH setup and you're fine but if you don't run CoH then you don't even need that much.

For the MF spec as far as BiS bow, you're looking for a crafted +3 Maraketh with DoT and dual resistance (which makes running Carcass easier). Pretty much the same deal for dps / uber runs but you may be interested in swapping one of those resistances for IAS or something just so you can drop more clouds as required. I personally don't think it's necessary to worry about that, since the Maraketh's base APS is 1.4.

As for gem setups, MF (temp leagues) - retain as per guide, SP, Emp., Conc, IIR and if you're fine without the AoE gem then Iron Grip (48% increased dmg at 20/20). Short explanation as to why not Pierce: build gets 65% between Drillneck, tree, and Poacher's Aim. Pierce chance cannot exceed 100%, therefore damage increase from Pierce cannot exceed 100% either, meaning there's only 35% increased damage to gain from using the Pierce gem.

Which answer the Uber question as well for replacing the IIR gem.

The exception to that is: if you want to use the Pierce gem to spec out of Piercing Shots to save points to invest elsewhere.
lol I tried the boss in labyrinth (now terrace) I thought like, that boss is easy how can he have trouble with that.
as soon as he hit me with the barrage, insta dead hahaha
I shall take your word for gospel from now on Sir :D
other than that this is working out great in maps, almost all mods I can do except degen (can do but takes a long time)
Only thing I did different was to not get as much IIR right now until my defensives are comfortable but I figured that's just personal preference ^^

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info