[outdated] Caustic Arrow Solo Map MFer (20/300+)

"
Shinare wrote:
Man I wish I would have read about that before I bought my 5L +2 bow and regaled it. But my Cat is only 6 and I have no exalts heh.

Caught me by surprise too, to be honest. I never considered the master-mods for bow crafting.
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
I think now that this information is prevalent that PA and the +3 method are going to get a crippling nerf in the next major patch. Will you still update this build or are you currently looking at other skill options?
"
LaRevenant wrote:
I think now that this information is prevalent that PA and the +3 method are going to get a crippling nerf in the next major patch. Will you still update this build or are you currently looking at other skill options?

Sorry, I'm not part of the #tinfoilhatbrigade

Until something is officially announced, nothing changes.
I'm not sure why they would change anything. it still requires a level 8 cata, exalts, and alts. Plus a 5 or 6 link bow in the first place.

IN MY HUMBLE OPINION all this will do is flood the market with 5 and 6 link +3 bows and will lower the prices of said bows. (Unless one person continuously buys them as they become available and hordes them for profit)

There really is no need to nerf the skill or the process to craft a bow. Both are working as expected.
Last edited by Shinare on Aug 19, 2015, 3:16:59 PM
More or less.

Here's the deal.

a) The majority of nerfs that GGG performs are never outright crippling to a build or subset of builds. CoC, Mjolner, Crit Multi, Freezing Pulse, the shotgun changes, etc. None of those outright killed builds. They just made them less OP as hell. The only two exceptions that come to mind are the initial (and subsequently rebuffed) Spell and Ranged Attack Totem nerfs, and the bricking of the Elemental Prolif Gem.
b) Poison Arrow itself isn't OpieOP, it's just meta. It's got good pack clearing capability but it requires a significant amount of investment in order to really get up there in terms of damage, and it's not a one-shot boss killer like Flameblast Ignite was.

If any nerfs are coming to PA, this is likely the way that it's going to go down.

1. The 10% buff it received in Beta will get reverted.
2. That buff will instead be shifted into the quality bonus of the gem, in an attempt to force players to invest in Area of Effect nodes or gear.
3. The cost of the Catarina and Vagan (for fire staff crafting) mods will be increased.

Flameblast was overpowered as hell from patch 1.1 to patch 2.0. That was over a year worth of FB being meta.

If any changes are forthcoming to PA, they will be minor first, in the near future, before (and if) they decide to brick it at all.
Does anyone besides me think that 75c:1ex is a little ridiculous? What the heck is going on with the economy in warbands?
"
Shinare wrote:
Does anyone besides me think that 75c:1ex is a little ridiculous? What the heck is going on with the economy in warbands?

Jewels and the removal of eternals are the central reason exalts are up in price this time around. Nobody feels the need to save up their exalts at an attempted GG craft, so there's more yolo exalts on your typical gear and people are doing a lot of exalting on their alt/aug/regal'd jewels to try get something good in that last affix.

Less supply + more demand = pricey exalts.
A good explanation, except that people selling a 30ex item haven't lowered the price to 15ex. So it really seems that the chaos is extremely devalued rather than the exalt more valuable.

All I know is its going to be extremely hard for me to save up exalts now to use on getting a nice +3 bow, heh. Even saving up for a white 6L seems out of reach now.

My next 3 purchases for this build are 3x +%life +DoT +res jewels and thats going to break me on chaos. (only have 35 heh). Loosing the IIR in my 5L to iron will kinda lowerd my earnings potential.

Still love this build though. Its actually revitalized my interest in PoE. Was really getting "burnt out" on my incinerate builds (har har). XD
"
Shinare wrote:
A good explanation, except that people selling a 30ex item haven't lowered the price to 15ex. So it really seems that the chaos is extremely devalued rather than the exalt more valuable.

All I know is its going to be extremely hard for me to save up exalts now to use on getting a nice +3 bow, heh. Even saving up for a white 6L seems out of reach now.

My next 3 purchases for this build are 3x +%life +DoT +res jewels and thats going to break me on chaos. (only have 35 heh). Loosing the IIR in my 5L to iron will kinda lowerd my earnings potential.

Still love this build though. Its actually revitalized my interest in PoE. Was really getting "burnt out" on my incinerate builds (har har). XD

Well, there's the double factor of chaos actually increasing in opportunity value as well, since a LOT more people are burning chaos on maps than before. What this does is increase the value proposition of items since now you have to make a consideration on where it is that you spend your chaos.

In 1.3 most people would just alt-spam to magic pack size and then run it, even with 76 maps.

Now you're seeing people alcing and chaosing by 74.

In other words, the double hit of eternals/jewels and the changes to map affixes, in conjunction with the increased rarity (and thus, value) of specific uniques, have put a rather drastic hit on the economy in a number of significant ways that simply haven't had time yet to balance out as they normally would.
Magic Find at Work
Spoiler

4 uniques dropped for me after chasing a tormented spirit into a pack of mobs in an alched Dunes map.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info