[outdated] Caustic Arrow Solo Map MFer (20/300+)

"
Thomasmgp wrote:
OK spent the last 2 hours trying to piece out my gear. Now have capped resists without having to waste an Aura on Purity. Also have 16 Quanity and 208 Rarity with a 0/16 gem.

Spoiler

get a blessed on that gold ring lad
"
henshiee wrote:
"
Thomasmgp wrote:
OK spent the last 2 hours trying to piece out my gear. Now have capped resists without having to waste an Aura on Purity. Also have 16 Quanity and 208 Rarity with a 0/16 gem.

Spoiler

get a blessed on that gold ring lad

yea I know, but Im out right now.

I have a question about curse on hit. Im trying 2 setups right now. One with Vulnerability and the other with Temp Chains. Also been trying them with Frenzy and Ice Shot. Cant decide which to use. Frenzy is nice cause it builds charges but I dont have it 5 linked and it feels "Meh" without chain. Also been using Ice shot, which I really like cause it freezes every now and then and also slows the stuff it hits. Which should I use?

ok found some Orbs for sale, I guess this will work

IGN: DabrixRN
Last edited by Thomasmgp on Aug 7, 2015, 11:19:49 AM
"
Thomasmgp wrote:
I have a question about curse on hit. Im trying 2 setups right now. One with Vulnerability and the other with Temp Chains. Also been trying them with Frenzy and Ice Shot. Cant decide which to use. Frenzy is nice cause it builds charges but I dont have it 5 linked and it feels "Meh" without chain. Also been using Ice shot, which I really like cause it freezes every now and then and also slows the stuff it hits.

That's like asking if you should put ketchup or mustard on your hotdog.

In other words: personal preference. =)
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
Last edited by Serleth on Aug 7, 2015, 11:35:01 AM
"
Serleth wrote:
"
Startblock wrote:
i recently had tremendous luck and crafted a 6link with 65 fusings

Spoiler

now my questtion is, what is the best way for off coloring it with RGGBBB.

@serleth, i read ur recent posts and u said that it took u about 900 chroms to get those colours.

which method did u use? manually chrome spamming or one of those vorici options?

chromatic calculator says that the Vorici 1B and 2B method are statistically the cheapest ways (345 - 442.5 chromatcs in average costs)

cheers!

I Vorici'd it. Terrible chrome luck is all.

With the 1B or 2B Method? Or something Else ?
"
Serleth wrote:
"
Thomasmgp wrote:
I have a question about curse on hit. Im trying 2 setups right now. One with Vulnerability and the other with Temp Chains. Also been trying them with Frenzy and Ice Shot. Cant decide which to use. Frenzy is nice cause it builds charges but I dont have it 5 linked and it feels "Meh" without chain. Also been using Ice shot, which I really like cause it freezes every now and then and also slows the stuff it hits.

That's like asking if you should put ketchup or mustard on your hotdog.

In other words: personal preference. =)

i just didnt know if people found certain curse setups to be better in the higher end, harder maps.

Maybe one day they will add a new Unique Jewel where monsters can have an extra curse. Only other option would be Windscream Boots. But Id have to drop Grace and run Purity to make up for the lost resists.
IGN: DabrixRN
Last edited by Thomasmgp on Aug 7, 2015, 12:37:56 PM
So I feel that my build is pretty complete and I can easily run all maps.

Is there ever a point where I should think of exchanging carcass jack for greeds embrace if i feel that my damage is already plenty high and I dont need the extra AoE?

How about exchanging Andys for real high Ventors roll?

Right now I have 18 IIQ and 376 IRR. 17K DPS unbuffed.

Build is great!

Thanks again for all the advice.
IGN: Ezee_mode
Hey guys, first i would like to thanks the OP for this amazing build having a lot of fun playin it.

Now that being said, i feel like im struggling a bit and doesn't feel confident going into 75+ maps, i feel like my caracter is really squishy, i play on Tempest, here is my gear:

Spoiler

So i went full eva and got around 60+% chance to evade attack but got 0 armour, should i switch for a mix between eva/armour ? what should i upgrade next on my gear ?

here is my tree, not sure what to go for :
Spoiler

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwIAAF4A7gMeBS0FtQYjCC4M8g-rFSAWvxmKGY4ZtBvIH0Ej9iSLJpUqTSpbLOktgzBxMHw1kjY9OkI64T8nQzFDNkd-SRNKyEt4TZJN41FHUuxVS1oaYeJirGVNbAhsjG1sbmluqnTtdct2gnn2fXWE2YazieCNfY1-jb-TH5cGm42dqqXLple0xbTRtfK3trvjvTa-p8LswzPDOsSiyAzLvdN-1CPV-Ni92sHb592o44TmWOaB6mLtg-968YryRfaj_gr-j_66?accountName=KingLapinou&characterName=WTB_LogoutMacro

ty for the answers guys :).

Last edited by Tyraël89 on Aug 7, 2015, 1:31:49 PM
Apologies in advance if this has been asked before, but 125 pages is a lot to look through for it.

I had a question about blood rage, it seems that you're not taking enough life regen to be able to just have blood rage up, is there some piece of the puzzle I'm missing, or is this just a deal with it sort of situation.
"
Startblock wrote:
"
Serleth wrote:
I Vorici'd it. Terrible chrome luck is all.

With the 1B or 2B Method? Or something Else ?

I alternated 1b/2b

"
Is there ever a point where I should think of exchanging carcass jack for greeds embrace if i feel that my damage is already plenty high and I dont need the extra AoE?

How about exchanging Andys for real high Ventors roll?

You can do Greed's whenever you want as long as you're willing to eat the reduced movement speed penalty. That's the main reason I don't recommend it; it's like being on chilled ground most of the time. Barfy.

RE: Ventor's, check the FAQ, I have links to my discussion/math on it there. The TL;DR version is you would need minimum 7/40 rolls with perfect implicit to make the switch.

"
I had a question about blood rage, it seems that you're not taking enough life regen to be able to just have blood rage up, is there some piece of the puzzle I'm missing, or is this just a deal with it sort of situation.

It deals with it in the sense that you're only suffering 20 life degen per second, which is more than handle-able with flask usage and Blood Siphon helping to restore some of it on kill.
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
I'm so excited to use this.
I've been playing for many years and I have more than prime gear.
I am still thinking if I should link IIR / IIQ Gems on Poison Arrow, I am slightly worried it won't do enough damage. But here are the items, Judge if you want!

(I will be using a Legacy Kaoms Heart as Armor)

"Your grandchildren will awaken screaming in memory of what I utter today!"
- Path of Exile, Legacy Whispers of Doom Keystone

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info