[outdated] Caustic Arrow Solo Map MFer (20/300+)

"
Serleth wrote:
Chrono, your post made me think of this idea (for some reason), so I'm going to push this here in case anybody's interested. This deal applies to Warbands players.

I'll bro-deal the first person who expresses interest on this thread a corrupted 20/20 PA if you want some better AoE coverage. I have it listed for 34 chaos, but I'll give you a pretty hefty discount on it, especially if you can throw some div cards that I need my way.

In case you're interested, this is the list of Div cards I'm looking for. If you can toss so much as one my way, I'll sell you the PA for 20c equivalent (minus the value of the cards, of course).

This is the list of cards I'm looking for:

Spoiler
Abandoned Wealth
Coveted Possession
Hope
Humility
Jack in the Box
Lucky Connections
The Battle Born
The Cataclysm
The Chains that Bind
The Dark Mage
The Drunken Aristocrat
The Explorer
The Feast
The Hermit
The Hunger
The Inventor
The Metalsmith's Gift
The Pact
The Poet
The Road to Power
The Scarred Meadow
The Sun
The Warden
The Watcher
Vinia's Token

I got both a humility and the hermit for you if the offer still stands?
Is it best to try and craft a +3 bow or buy one for a few ex?
"
Malthus wrote:

Better to buy one than trying to craft one. Amount of currency used to craft is more than what you'd use to buy one.
Hi Serleth:

This is a fantastic guide! Thanks for taking the trouble and effort to provide Poison Arrow players with this resource!

Would you mind posting your current gear? It's fun to compare gear, links and gems and a recent snapshot of your gear would be nice for this purpose.

Spoiler

Skip this background/bio if not interested...

By way of background, I started the Warbands League as an Arc character, never having participated in the open beta. I found Act 4 to be a real pain in the neck.

I made it to the mid-80's on my Arc witch and started running into a wall of sorts. The very high amounts of physical damage dealt by mobs in 2.0 mandates a very good strategy for coping. The Arc build I was playing used MOM and in most cases simply running away.

But you need to stand still for a time in order to DPS with Arc... so I found this sort of mitigation strategy - which was fine prior to 2.0 - completely untenable nowadays.

I began looking for another build.

Havoc (hardcore #3) is playing a Poison Arrow build this league and posted a video. The build seemed very nice; good defense (he uses a Lightning Coil to help mitigate physical damage) and a play style which facilitates damage avoidance - quickly spreading poison and running away as opposed to pausing and DPSing every-so-often - really appealed to me.

So, I decided to give Poison Arrow a go based on Havoc's video.

I rolled a Scion (Havoc's build starts as Scion, not Ranger) and began leveling. I used Arc plus Searing Bond plus Fire Trap to deal a lot of mostly ranged damage. Leveling was smooth.

I switched to Poison Arrow at Cruel Act 1 and thus began spreading death fog everywhere.

I really liked Poison Arrow but was worried about getting enough currency to purchase all the gear I wanted. Then I stumbled across your guide, Serleth - problem solved! :-)

I modified Havoc's tree to follow the Serleth tree and started buying up IIR gear.

2 weeks or so into the build and this is where I'm at:
Spoiler

Next up I'm going to purchase a Drillneck and then a Lightning Coil and will level up to 91 or so.

I'm having a blast.

Thanks again Serleth for providing us with this wonderful guide.
Last edited by hankinsohl on Aug 4, 2015, 7:00:24 AM
"
Malthus wrote:

if by few you mean at least 5. Also crafting is more fun cause you might end up with a Tyrannical/Merciless bow u can hock and then buy a +3 bow.
IGN: DabrixRN
Just found a +3 bow and 5L'd it with 4 fusings lol.
Just need to see if I can craft DoT damage on it and I'll sell it..

Can anyone tell me if there's room for Leo DoT craft?

edit: it can, rolled 27%
Last edited by Ishamz on Aug 4, 2015, 11:07:44 AM
Hi everybody,
first of all, thx for your work, juste awesome.

Yeah i know my english suxxx, but i do my best (swiss origin FTW)

First question :
i read aproximativly all the post, and a lot are playing with flame totem and item rarity. I try it actually and i dont understand if, when the boss is dying,you have to let the totem finish him? Or PA can finish him. And if we can let PA finish him we have to put a totem in the same time to have the item rarity from totem or the fact that the totem tic on the boss one time at the begining of the fight is enough?

Second question:
Initialy i played with "spell totem", "blind", "summon skeletons" and "minion life", for the front line, i put that versus rogue/boss and i m free to touch myself during PA doing the work. But i dont see anybody els in this post mention it, is that a bad combo for the end-game map? i m starting 77 map, with a 89 ranger, and i m wondering if when my build will be finish if this combo will not be usefull anymore?

Thx for ready me, see ya guys

"
Beagup wrote:
Hi everybody,
first of all, thx for your work, juste awesome.

Yeah i know my english suxxx, but i do my best (swiss origin FTW)

First question :
i read aproximativly all the post, and a lot are playing with flame totem and item rarity. I try it actually and i dont understand if, when the boss is dying,you have to let the totem finish him? Or PA can finish him. And if we can let PA finish him we have to put a totem in the same time to have the item rarity from totem or the fact that the totem tic on the boss one time at the begining of the fight is enough?

You have to link Flame Totem-Item Rarity-Culling Strike. Culling Strike makes it so the totem will kill the boss when his HP is 10% or lower.
As for your second question I'm not sure what you meant so I'll let someone else answer haha.
I know it proly sucks cause its a Harbinger. But it dropped as a 5L/6S Magic item and I blew all my Jews just trying to 6s my Imperial Bow. Also it only took 1 Regal and about a stack of Alts.

So is this actually usable with such ghetto attack speed?

IGN: DabrixRN
Why do you use concentrated effect over pierce while using drillneck?

20/20 pierce = 79% increased projectile damage
20/20 CE = 69% area effect

Isn't priority of damage projectile > DOT > area damage?

Going by this, slower projectiles is only 39% damage at 20/20 and should be replaced by CE?

So best set up for 5L would be poison arrow, pierce, concentrated effect, increased item rarity and empower.

Please let me know if I am wrong and explain why.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info