[outdated] Caustic Arrow Solo Map MFer (20/300+)

I started my character from 0 in warbands, followed some of the ideas for starting chars (made a siren to get clarity and followed the pure bow leveling), also, i'm a returning player from the time the game was first launched, so my Masters started at level 0 (though while leveling i was able to get Elreon to 6, Tora to 5, Vorici to 5 and Zana is 4 right now).

I'm very satisfied with the build and it's actually my first character to get beyond level 65.

Currently my only problems are:

- Buying Goldwyrm
- Finding higher level maps (My char Poacherino is lvl 81, but i still haven't found any map from lvl 74+).

Second problem bothers me far more than the first one, though.

However, since I was lucky enough to drop a 15/66 Andvarius, i got around 220 IIR (0 IIQ), so at least i'm ahead in schedule for the next item in progression.

Cloud DPS is 6k without frenzy charges and 7k with 5 frenzy charges (I still didn't get rid of Primal Spirit and i got 1 extra damage over time node near Corruption, this is mainly because my flasks are not good enough yet and i'm partially switching to jewels now and it's the only reason i don't already have 6 frenzy charges).

So far, i'm loving the build, and even though Serleth recommends switching from no jewels to jewels, there are some easy to grab nodes that you can get without compromising your build (2 nodes near Scion).

I'd say those nodes helped me a lot while leveling, because i could put my Poacher's Aim and put either a jewel for increased Resists to all Elements or damage.

Edit: I'm a bit lost currency-wise, so i'm just hoarding everything, Serleth, mind to give me a heads up on what to do with the currency i get (lots of orbs drop, but, mainly jew and others that would need a crapload to form one exalt), I mostly use alts and aug on maps below level 70, and alchs on highest level maps i have, which is around 72-73.
Last edited by diegocfq on Aug 1, 2015, 8:27:11 AM
Hi Gays

I have guestion about CWDT combo for 2.0:

I'm thinking about 3 combination, bat I'm not sure:
1) CWDT+IC+ID+Enfeeble (+manual enduring cry) -> My favorite
1) CWDT+IC+ID+Phase run (+manual enduring cry)
2) CWDT+IC+ID+molten shell (+manual enduring cry)

What do You thing?
Temp Chains can also be nice on things chasing you. Or Warlords Mark for some more endurance charges. Currently I use Blood Rage on the 4L, since I can't fit it anywhere else and it is also quite convenient to not have to cast it manually.

Btw, the bow is finished:

Now I need Elreon 8 to master craft 2 properties.
Temp Chains I plans to add to frenzy+GMP+Vuln+CoH combo
What is getting you +1 curse?
"
gore21 wrote:
A question I have is, if it would be useful to pick up some blood dance boots? At least until I can get some decent res/IIR/MS boots. Because It might be more consistent getting frenzy charges. How you think?

Yeah as an interim pair of boots to help with leveling, they're a fine choice until you can get Goldwyrm or IIR boots, no problems there.

"
diegocfq wrote:
I'm a bit lost currency-wise, so i'm just hoarding everything, Serleth, mind to give me a heads up on what to do with the currency i get (lots of orbs drop, but, mainly jew and others that would need a crapload to form one exalt), I mostly use alts and aug on maps below level 70, and alchs on highest level maps i have, which is around 72-73.

Yeah it's a war of attrition, that's what the build is partly designed for. a) Increase the amount of general drops you get / crap to vendor for more alts / 6S / chrome vends and b) give yourself a better chance at good rares or uniques to sell.

If you're frustrated by the map progression just keep alcing your 72/73s. Don't worry about chiselling until at least 75, probably more like 76. You'll eventually break the barrier.

From there just start converting your currency. There's going to be days where all you really get is the raw drops and vendors, nothing much worth selling, and that's why I designed the build tbh. For days when RNG isn't in your favour, you can still get an exalt worth of alterations per day (if you have the time to put in a full day).
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
Indeed, today i got my first 3 lvl 74 maps (also got that lvl 71 unique map hall of grandmasters).

I just hope i can get them to keep appearing.
still got this stuff for PA build, RTSczarnyRTS if some1 interested...
Guide update video is up.

Apologies for the squishy resolution. No idea exactly what the hell's going on with the quality, hopefully it's just a time thing and it gets fixed. Youtube crop did a thing.
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
Last edited by Serleth on Aug 1, 2015, 6:55:16 PM
I'm a bit confused, if this is a PA build, why does everyone have their IIR gems linked with flame totem skills?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info