[outdated] Caustic Arrow Solo Map MFer (20/300+)

"
germano003 wrote:
I'm a kinda of perfeccionist guy and I REALLY want a leveling process tree ;-;
Can't handle the writen process, I don't even know the keynodes names :(

OK here you go. Full bow leveling because that is what I used (Split arrow + added cold, lightning & fire) I started to use PA when i took the chaos dmg nodes

Last edited by Flouyd on Jul 31, 2015, 4:40:35 AM
I've always been a fan of PA so I tried out your build for HC. I have however made one change. I took IR instead of Acro do you have any thoughts about this? IR helps me on the phys dmg side and I can't really see why you would pick Acro instead. If you do get that phys hit from a mob with powerfull crit it might just be the 1 shot you need to go down. However if you spec into IR you will only go to 20% or so.

what need upgrade first?
Last edited by liama on Jul 31, 2015, 10:21:17 AM
"
Pezista wrote:
I've always been a fan of PA so I tried out your build for HC. I have however made one change. I took IR instead of Acro do you have any thoughts about this? IR helps me on the phys dmg side and I can't really see why you would pick Acro instead. If you do get that phys hit from a mob with powerfull crit it might just be the 1 shot you need to go down. However if you spec into IR you will only go to 20% or so.

For one-shot capable bosses (versus eva) such as the enraged dog in Village Ruin, yeah, this is more or less a necessity, along with enfeebling him, so overall I recommend going IR over Acro in HC if you are intent on killing the higher level map bosses.

But for virtually ever other situation I say Acro wins. Getting hit less than 50% of the time from phys damage buys you the time necessary to flask out of situations. But when you virtually can't evade getting hit, it gets rough during swarm situations.

It's tough for me to really say definitively though, that said. I haven't played an IR build in a very long time. And I don't know how it matches up to monster damage changes in 2.0.

________

@Liama:

I say lose a little bit of IIR off your helmet for one with better resistances and life, and at least 20-25% IIR, so that you can run one Andvarius. You'll probably also want to get a tri-resistance belt.

At that point (if you want) you can stick with Aurseize + 1 Andvarius to make res balancing a bit easier, or you can go more min-max and really start to focus on jewels that will allow you to run double Andvarius rings (without Aurseize) and not require purity.
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
Last edited by Serleth on Jul 31, 2015, 11:45:09 AM
@Liama:

"
I say lose a little bit of IIR off your helmet for one with better resistances and life, and at least 20-25% IIR, so that you can run one Andvarius. You'll probably also want to get a tri-resistance belt.

At that point (if you want) you can stick with Aurseize + 1 Andvarius to make res balancing a bit easier, or you can go more min-max and really start to focus on jewels that will allow you to run double Andvarius rings (without Aurseize) and not require purity.

Thanks,need find one of those andys,but all my currency i make from 1-10 chaos sales with 19\268 haven't see good uniques 2-10 ex worth.
What's best to use in 5-link instead of Empower?
Thank you very much for you guide and all your responses. I check this thread every day to see if there is knew knowledge for me to obtain. Anyway, I have been using this build in tempest, and I am not comfortable going full mf.

Spoiler

This was all obtained for about 2 ex. Just kept an eye out for good deals and was lucky to snag the bow for 20c and some great jewels for 4-10c each

I have found that the 7% life regen from blood dance to be extremely helpful with my survival. With over 10% life regen, you pretty much become immune to dot damage, and with evasion and acro, you often heal to full between hits. I also really like daresso body for the CWDT/IC combo. Obviously I would like more iir and hopefully some iiq. just not comfortable enough to add it yet. No point to an mf character in hardcore if they die.

I have found the extra arrow from corrupting a quiver to be quite nice. Not because it slightly increases the area of affect when both arrows land without hitting an enemy ( I wish they would spread out farther from each other), but because of the times where one arrow hits an enemy and the other flies a ways further and hits a different enemy. When that second scenario occurs, and it occurs pretty often, it effectively doubles the area and is really nice considering I dont use pierce yet.

I know I am way overcapped on resists and need more damage, so I will probably be adding in drillneck now that I can afford it.

I have so far completed 80 maps solo with no problems and with decent speed. No 81 or 82 drops yet, but I cant wait!

Anyway, thank you again, and feel free to critique me.
"
liama wrote:
@Liama:

"

Thanks,need find one of those andys,but all my currency i make from 1-10 chaos sales with 19\268 haven't see good uniques 2-10 ex worth.

It gets streaky. That's just RNG.

I dropped Kaom's Heart, Tabula and Bino's all in one day.

The previous day (and day after), I dropped no uniques worth anything. Just keep at it.

"
What's best to use in 5-link instead of Empower?

I'm assuming you mean in a +2 bow, and you're currently leveling an Empower 1. Because if you have Empower 2: you just use Empower.

So, Emp 1 and +2 bow 5L = PA, Slower Proj, AoE, Conc Effect, Faster Proj or Iron Grip (depending on how much STR you have, and your ability to get 3-off).

@ Iodo:

Understandable if you're not comfortable going full MF in an HC league. Only thing I would say is you may consider Hyrri's Ire instead for the higher eva + 10% dodge / spell dodge chance, if you're comfortable dropping the life in favour of better defense. Although the free endurance charges of Daresso's is totally fine too, gives you a reasonable balance of phys mitigation and evasion along with being a hybrid ar/eva chest. And like you say, it kind of automates a cwdt/IC setup so, definitely solid thinking.

Depends totally on your preference, but I'm completely fine seeing you use Daresso's, solid choice.

I'd like to see a better amulet, personally, with explicit IIR, but it may be difficult finding that along with cold resistance to offset your quiver when you go for Drillneck, depending on the rest of your res balance, unless you can find a similar hat but I wouldn't give up that high eva roll either, not in Tempest.

Overall, looks good. When you have some spare cash lying around, get dem +frenzy charge blood dance. =)

Glad you're enjoying the setup in HC.
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
I just switched from this bow:

to this:

And my Poison Arrow tooltip dps dropped by over 50%.
"
_Elminister_ wrote:
I just switched from this bow:

to this:

And my Poison Arrow tooltip dps dropped by over 50%.

Look at cloud damage not tooltip dmg

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info