New Unique Item and Start of One-Week Cut-Throat Event!

"
KorgothBG wrote:
"
Mizzajl wrote:

it used to be pretty broken and Chris talked about talked about it back in the "Build of the Week S01E09: Facebreaker Marauder" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_EcQDOUN9Y, but the game has changed much since then and there are more "melee physical damage" and stuff that can affect facebreaker damage on the tree as good alternatives to weapon elemental damage now.

That is true. But i'm not worried about changing the WED ( as a modifer ) in general. I'm more worried about the WED support gem combined with FB because it provides more damage and not increased. I don't know it might be ok given the changes to the monsters and higher game difficulty in the Awakening.
If GGG indeed makes the WED just ED with attacks then surely these gloves would be much more viable for a melee build.

I'm not that worried about the support gem, it's not like you get another link in your item, you would have to replace one of your existing support gems with it.

the typical 6l facebreaker character may use something like: Infernal Blow + Multistrike + Melee Splash + Melee Physical Damage + Added Fire Damage + Faster Attacks.
replacing one of these gems with "ED with attacks" may be a bit better, but I don't think it would break the game.

and similar reasoning would work for minion gems like summon zombie or raging spirit. =)
"
Mizzajl wrote:

I'm not that worried about the support gem, it's not like you get another link in your item, you would have to replace one of your existing support gems with it.

the typical 6l facebreaker character may use something like: Infernal Blow + Multistrike + Melee Splash + Melee Physical Damage + Added Fire Damage + Faster Attacks.
replacing one of these gems with "ED with attacks" may be a bit better, but I don't think it would break the game.

and similar reasoning would work for minion gems like summon zombie or raging spirit. =)

Well i guess it would be a good idea after all. In the end they can always put it in the beta for testing to see if any tweaking is needed. I mean when it comes to the gem they can always tune it down artificially ( i.e. 50% effectiveness while unarmed )
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
I am skeptical about its use for spells, but for melee...it may have potential. But you lose the heralds and auras, and added fire, and can't use weapon elemental damage.
Last edited by ShacoFinder on Jun 11, 2015, 3:12:19 PM
Nice!
they look like dom's gloves he wears. nice
We should be able to wield gloves as weapons, like true gentlemen.
This is going to be terribly broken with multiple level 1 CWDT setups linked with unleveled spells.

Just go full ham with those set ups, run a main melee elemental skill (cyclone for instance), grab all the generic elemental nodes to benefit both spells and melee attacks and you're done.
Build of the Week 14
The first Righteous Fire/Non-Shavronne's/Shavronne's HC
Shameless self-proclaimed theory-crafting extraordinaire and forum crusader
So cutthroat didnt make it past 1 day before dying?

A real temp league would have been better.
Interesting unique for change :o
Path of Exile - RNG based hoarding simulator
Shouldnt they be named "Dominus Fist"?
Im not a lorehound but from the years I've played PoE dominus seeme more fitting?
Doryani already got a mace also so why use unarmed gloves?

Feel free to disprove/make a valid argue with me! Id love to get this "lore info" more clear and fitting to the beautiful universe we call Wraeclast & Path of Exile :D
May the RNG be with you.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info