New Unique Item and Start of One-Week Cut-Throat Event!

"
Kosmajster wrote:
64-230 dmg to spells while unarmed LOL

KAMEHAMEHA GLOVES ???

KA... ME... ARC!!!!!!!!!! PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW

Tho losing spell cast from wand is a bit.... bitty :S
"
WiseGuard wrote:
"
Kosmajster wrote:
64-230 dmg to spells while unarmed LOL

KAMEHAMEHA GLOVES ???

KA... ME... ARC!!!!!!!!!! PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW

Tho losing spell cast from wand is a bit.... bitty :S

Who cares about spell cast when you can KAME HAME HA ??

like rly !

SPOJLER ALERT < !!

Spoiler
LAST BOSS IN POE IS GONNA BE FREEZA <<< OMG <<<
i think they should have multiple variants like Doryani's Invitation belt (http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Doryani%27s_Invitation).... i mean phys,cold,fire,light ,... chaos will be coool too
I guess "Weapon elemental damage" won't work with this one, right?
I represent only myself, my own thought and believes. I am individual, not a representative of the community.
I am not speaking on behalf of someone else and I don't get offended by things that have nothing to do with me.

3.13 was the golden age.
"
Zoen wrote:
Elemental Facebreakers are a go!

How can they be Facebreakers if they are not going to be using facebreakers? !!!
IGN Riokar | My guides
[2.0]Non legacy Mjölner. Uber down. -thread/1474288
[2.0]Shatter Chuck Lite COC -thread/1324981
[2.0]SRS Magic Find Culler. Uber capable. /w budged build -thread/1406603
[2.0]NEWBIE MF/DPS Summoner -thread/479976 | Power leveling guide -thread/522556
"
Marxone wrote:
I guess "Weapon elemental damage" won't work with this one, right?

is this a weapon ? don't think so.
Doot
Ok guys before you all go crazy with joy of the possibility of "elemental facebreakers" and awesome unarmed lightning melee build let me remind you a few things.
1. Weapon elemental damage in any and all forms doesn't work on unarmed attacks ( support gem, passives, item modifiers ) And WED IS the biggest damage contributor for melee elemental builds.
2. All attacks and many support gems ( multistrike, melee splash ) gain % increased physical damage per level. And of course things like melee physical damage, the phys damage increase of fortify etc ... are worthless. I guess you could use Elemental hit in the end ... and use something like (Elemental hit + Lightning Penetration + Lightning Damage + Faster Attacks + Melee Splash + Life Leech ) but the damage would miserable.
3. Unarmed attacks CAN NEVER CRIT. The only way is by cursing your enemies with Assassin's mark for 9% crit chance at level 20, but this chance cannot be scaled!

So to be honest i don't see it happening. Maybe, maybe COMK ... Scaling the elemental damage of these gloves is very limited. Unless GGG give us a new mechanic, support gem, item ... something that can successfully scale the melee lightning damage while unarmed ... i don't see how a good melee elemental build can be made with these gloves.

As for a spell caster - yea i can see that happening, tho they are far from being godly.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Last edited by KorgothBG on Jun 11, 2015, 1:43:55 PM
"
KorgothBG wrote:
Ok guys before you all go crazy with joy of the possibility of "elemental facebreakers" and awesome unarmed lightning melee build let me remind you a few things.
1. Weapon elemental damage in any and all forms doesn't work on unarmed attacks ( support gem, passives, item modifiers ) And WED IS the biggest damage contributor for melee elemental builds.
2. All attacks and many support gems ( multistrike, melee splash ) gain % increased physical damage per level. And of course things like melee physical damage, the phys damage increase of fortify etc ... are worthless. I guess you could use Elemental hit in the end ... and use something like (Elemental hit + Lightning Penetration + Lightning Damage + Faster Attacks + Melee Splash + Life Leech ) but the damage would miserable.
3. Unarmed attacks CAN NEVER CRIT. The only way is by cursing your enemies with Assassin's mark for 9% crit chance at level 20, but this chance cannot be scaled!

So to be honest i do see it happening. Maybe, maybe COMK ... Scaling the elemental damage of these gloves is very limited. Unless GGG give us a new mechanic, support gem, item ... something that can successfully scale the melee lightning damage while unarmed ... i don't see how a good melee elemental build can be made with these gloves.

As for a spell caster - yea i can see that happening, tho they are far from being godly.

i'm thinking of a build using ele hit > melee splash > lightning penetration or innervate > curse on hit > ele weakness > conductivity

then run wrath and herald of thunder and use alpha's howl and possibly wake of destruction + doryani's belt

i'm not sure how the damage would be, though. i think it will be alright due to the extremely high lightning damage and shock chance

i think this is the only way to effectively make a melee build with these gloves
It is one of the most effective ways to make a melee build with them that's true. But i simply don't see how the build itself will be effective. With the tree you can get what ... 100 .. maybe with some items even 250% total lightning damage increase. With wrath ( 17-267 at level 22) + Herald of thunder which is not affected by the alpha (11-170) + wake of destruction ( 1–120 ) and the new gloves ( 269-879 tho it seems like it can roll different values ) hell even throw in perfectly rolled lightning damage modifiers on your rings and amulet ( total of 21-216 )
You end up with 318-1652 x 250% = 795-4130 lightning damage i must argue that faster attacks would be a must ... but even with insane attack speed ( which is hard to get if you go fore ele+lightning damage on the tree ) it is still rather weak . And it is weak by todays standards .... the Awakening introduces harder content ... so it will be even worse.

The curse on hit is not a bad idea ... BUT you won't able to leech life ( another downside of elemental attacks ) and the faster attacks is the single most important DPS boosting support .. so you really need that.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Last edited by KorgothBG on Jun 11, 2015, 6:40:38 AM
im hoping for a new touch of god type aoe attack similiar to ice crash. 50% phys to lightn conversion which you can make 100% with phys to lightn gem. On the north part of the tree you have tons of elemental, added lightning damage so scaling damage from the gloves shouldnt be too much of an issue.

That or go crit arc, GG...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info