Shock Nova Revamped - Teaser Video!

Aw, sweet chages. I was scared when I read this first, thinking you'd get rid of what makes Shock Nova unique but this is a nice compromise.
A Shock Nova knockback tank was actually the first concept I had for Awakening builds, so I'm happy that will still go as planned, just even better.
... is not a troll
"
Inarion1986 wrote:
"
Fonclbrich wrote:
"
Acer99 wrote:

I disagree, you shouldnt just be able to stand and spam the spell and see enemies die around you. If you want to do maximum damage you need to work for it. If you're lazy you can still use the spell, just dealing lesser damage. I like these kind of spells/skills.

In theory I agree that a positional based skill sounds fun, but in practice the pace in poe just makes a skill like this frustrating imo. Every other skill in the game is a "stand and spam the spell and see enemies die around you" skill.

Take a look at Freezing Pulse and about every projectile-based skill out there (except maybe Molten Strike): You only get the maximum damage out of them if you position yourself correctly. If it's not a problem for those skills, I don't see why it should be one for Shock Nova?

Because projectiles have range, shock nova, not so much
Ice Crash - Cast on Crit - Ice Nova - Shock Nova, hype?
Laihduttakaa.
I was hoping for it to be more like it used to be. SHOCK NOVA THE WHOLE SCREEN.
At least it's less sucky now.

Triple shock-nova totem time.
150% total damage? Rory, are you absolutely sure you don't mean 250% total damage thanks to shock effect being in place? Because your diagram indicates that both the inner and outer rings deal 100% damage to enemies, and if 150% is right, and the second hit does nerfed damage if the first hit hit the same enemy, then this skill will continue to suck.
Last edited by codetaku on May 27, 2015, 9:01:44 AM
YES PLEASE. d2 Nova Sorc finally viable with Lightning Warp acting as teleport and maybe a curse to act as Infinity.
Nice to hear you are reworking some of the old skills 8-)
Please rework single-hit mellee attacks next!

I hope you change the overall "difficulty" of the beta too! For me it seems that act 1 normal is a bit too hard and way to slow (due to lacking good equipment) and later the whole game becomes a bit too easy with (just) a few one-hit-killer situations you have to be afraid of (but if they hit you, you're gone!).
Shouldn't it be the other way round? Making the beginning of normal difficulty easy and fast (for new and inexperienced players) and later acts/'difficulties' harder (not speaking of making the game harder to play by adding more redicioulus one-hit-killer-combos! This is not the correct way!)

Spoiler
Btw: I love the new waypoints and the mechanics of the new enemies. It's great! But i dislike most of the areas of act4: To many themes are thrown together and i really hate the new city: Way too long paths and too many manga-characters! >_>

Greetings!
I am a petty-fat-dumbass-Kid. So please listen to my unwanted oppinions!

Vote Tasuni for President!...I mean 'for Hideout'!
"
YES PLEASE. d2 Nova Sorc finally viable with Lightning Warp acting as teleport and maybe a curse to act as Infinity.

Oh god. Haven't even tried Lighting Warp with Lockstep.

I got so many ideas for builds now to do come 2.0 live now I don't even know what to do. My brain may just overload.
IGN : Jovial
Sweet that there is no dead zone anymore. Shockingly low quality video though (pun intended).
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
Now you have to implement teleport or at least Enigma :(

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info