Can PS4 handle Path of Exile?

Hey Sol, I thought you were done on this account?
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
Can PS4 handle Path of Exile?

simply
no...

on the fly loads would take forever
startup load would take forever
6 players mtx madness would lag out the hell of the cpu, your game would probably freeze because of peaks and the bottleneck.
Guess your done after mud flats because you cannot stand the load and lagfest anymore.

GGG would need to massive cut the game to fit it on a powerful plattform as the ps4 is.

Last edited by blackstar on May 24, 2015, 2:04:49 AM
For those interested in the gamepad support: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1262531

It's a tool I'm working on, been using it to play POE for a while now, just recently released.

Any feedback is appreciated
"
blackstar wrote:
on the fly loads would take forever

Would it? cause i hear that on the fly loading is loading stuff from the HDD to ram, and the ram for the PS4 is 8gb of gddr5. the limiting factor being the HDD, there more than enough spare ram to load what the game needs onto it.

So yeah, technicaly the ps4 should be able to handle the game with relative ease.

The problem comes with coding game pad support and altering the game so it works well
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
PS4 could handle three Path of Exiles if the engine was genuinely optimized.
But playing an ARPG with a controller skillfully is as close to impossible as you can get without experimental physics, so it shouldn't happen anyways.
"If they actually showed gameplay with it zoomed out and then zoomed it in for the real one I think there would be actual riots in the street. I think that people would burn the building down."
"
IlluminaBlade wrote:
PS4 could handle three Path of Exiles if the engine was genuinely optimized.
But playing an ARPG with a controller skillfully is as close to impossible as you can get without experimental physics, so it shouldn't happen anyways.

D3 did it pretty well. Its doable, but at this point its a 2-3 year old game, I doubt it would get much attention with the console crowds anyway so why bother
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
"
NeroNoah wrote:
"
mindrust8 wrote:
This game is exclusive to PC. and should stay like that.

Consoles destroyed every beautiful game there is. I won't let this happen again.

By the power of Grayskull!

Meh, that's a scapegoat.

It's not consoles fault, it's market and corporations fault.

Its 100% consoles fault, they had to dumb down games so it could either work with their console or be playable with their shit pads, end of story.
I'd expect the console versions to be updated a lot less often if they were to ever exist, primarily because it costs thousands of dollars to release a single patch for a game on those platforms.

PS4 and Xbox One have a good chance of playing this with minimal effort from the developers as these 2 consoles are, hardware wise, very similar to a standard computer unlike previous consoles.

Heck, they could use the consoles USB ports for keyboard/mice input, but then again Sony/Microsoft want those USB ports to only be used for external HDD's and charging their game pads because reasons.
Computer specifications:
Windows 10 Pro x64 | AMD Ryzen 5800X3D | ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi) Motherboard | 16GB 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti Gamer | Corsair AX 760watt PSU | Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD & WD Black FZEX HDD
Last edited by Nicholas_Steel on May 25, 2015, 5:28:35 AM
"
DoubleU wrote:

Today's episode of I quit!!! But not really. BUT I QUIT!!! features Solwitch.
A comprehensive, easy on the eyes loot filter:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1245785

Need a chill group exiles to hang with? Join us:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1251403
"
DoubleU wrote:

No, I was protesting Dan_ggg

Btw Hi!!!
"Another... Solwitch thread." AST
Current Games: :::City Skylines:::Elite Dangerous::: Division 2

"...our most seemingly ironclad beliefs about our own agency and conscious experience can be dead wrong." -Adam Bear

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info