New Server Locations for The Awakening Beta

Nice, my latency from Charlotte got cut down from 49 to 32.
"
scale_e wrote:
GGG then - "Nah, can't have an Aussie server. Too expensive. Not enough demand. Not cost effective."

GGG now - " We're rich! YOU get a server! And YOU get a server! And YOU get a server! SERVERS FOR EVERYONE!!!!!!!"

I'm so happy.
Thank you so much GGG. :)

MOAR OPRAH GGG
"
CanuckMonkey wrote:
"
Warmey wrote:
Hey Chris,

Put a server up in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada.

thanks.

Why would you want one in Ottawa when there's one in D.C.?

Borders don't matter to internet speed. I'm in Calgary, and I'd be happy with a server in Seattle (but I'll happily use the California server when it is available to me).

yeah I guess DC is close enough :)
"
You can now select servers in California, Washington D.C., Frankfurt or London, in addition to the existing servers in Texas, Amsterdam and Australia. These new locations should help reduce latency for more users.

An interesting mix of cities... and states.
Great work ggg.
Down 15-30ms from 65-70ms choosing the CA gateway. Awesome job GGG!
And now is a great time to think about servers in south africa?
Niceeee! Brazilian server rules..xP
Thought a DC server would be a bigger improvement. Went from ~65 to ~50 (connecting from Toronto). Still grateful for the improvement. A Toronto server sure would be nice though! Still feeling the delay and choppiness of lockstep along with the occasional lagspike.

Edit: Getting down as a low as 35 sometimes after playing a couple hours, but also now getting down to 50 now on live (to the Texas server). I did notice that latency seems to fluctuate a lot more on the beta vs live where it stays fairly steady.
Last edited by Wulgar55 on May 21, 2015, 1:47:39 AM
Any chance you can consider adding servers in the middle east? lately the gaming community here started to grow... and from israel there is like 90 to 120 ping.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info