Computer randomly shuts down while playing PoE

"
Scramasax111 wrote:
Hi everybody,
doing a quick search through the Forum I've seen this is an issue quite some players are facing. Some people have solved it turning off the music, some others disabling the HD AUDIO in the settings of their graphic card. Some others by updating the drivers.
One thing most of these players have in common is Windows 7.

Now, I'm facing the same issue that - as mentioned by others - is occuring only while playing PoE and never happened before, nor happens with other games. I tried all the 'tricks' mentioned before and none of above appears to work: the game randomly shuts down my laptop after either 5 minutes or 40.

I play PoE on a Laptop, and like other people have noticed before, the shut down is not related to overheating at all.

I really do love this game but I'm getting unable to play it and most important I'm starting to be afraid for the other data on my HDD not to mention the possible damage to the main power part of my machine.

Is there any setting that can be tweaked or something to avoid this from happening?

Thanks for any valid response.

Cheers.

Hi there,

Are you able to provide us with information about your computer by running dxdiag and sending it to us? (start, run, "dxdiag", and saving the information to a txt file) it would be appreciated as it really helps with us with assisting you find the cause. Please post it inside a spoiler tag, as this can be quite long.
Please contact support@grindinggear.com if you need any assistance.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info