Upcoming changes to Leech

"
Qarl wrote:
"
vangrandson wrote:

If that means nerfed and I know that it means nerfed than rip my beloved windripper char, reflect will take care of me. And my physical crit charcters only god knows how I will not oneshotmyself to the new higher reflect rares.

We are aiming to make it better. This likely means a buff.

Please consider reducing or removing the no-regen penalty, thanks.
Tech guy
Are you guys going to be adjusting atizi's acuity to compensate for these changes aswell? i hope this change to leech wont nerf them again to be worse than vaal pact as they are already balanced and should remain a top tier item only accessible to the rich and powerful builds. if you pay 150ex for an item it better be strong but balanced enough to substantiate the price you payed.
Nice changes, but sorry to say this : having an other major dev manifesto post one month into Beta while you already are behind the previously announced schedule is not reassuring at all.
IGN : @Morgoth
This seems like an interesting change but I still find it hard to understand exactly what this is meant to change. I'll need to try it for myself before jumping to any conclusions. Although, adding leech rate passives to the tree, is that really necessary? Is leech really something to build around now? Again, I will need to try this for myself to really come to a conclusion, but part of me thinks this change is another bad one that should be scrapped before you become too attached to it. Not nearly as bad as EB or Reduced Mana, but still.
Sigh......

Diablo 2 fixed it by making certain mobs aka undead unleechable.....

Not sure if happy or worried, as this could break my fav character (CI Shadow w/ Bloodseeker Claw + Shield) or maybe make it potentially more interesting...

Also, if the final skill tree ends up with as many travel (and "jewel gate") 10 str/dex/int nodes as currently on beta, then grabbing said "new leech nodes" would leave me with no points for ES/Block.

Waiting to see if CI is no more and the so called "build diversity" turns up as only Bow Eva/Life being endgame viable (shotgun arrows ftw).
Last edited by jes_ish on May 18, 2015, 7:56:58 AM
"
Warrax wrote:
"
Qarl wrote:
"
vangrandson wrote:

If that means nerfed and I know that it means nerfed than rip my beloved windripper char, reflect will take care of me. And my physical crit charcters only god knows how I will not oneshotmyself to the new higher reflect rares.

We are aiming to make it better. This likely means a buff.

Please consider reducing or removing the no-regen penalty, thanks.

Yeah that wouldnt be overpowered at all...
"
Carolina92 wrote:
RIP leech. We will miss you. You'll have your little grave beside mana builds (eldritch battery, arctic armour), block, reduced mana and auras.

Go, GGG! Loving the changes to build diversity! Now you only need to mix armour and evasion into a single defense mechanic and get rid of energy shield!

Lol yep.

Rory and Carl are now extremely out of touch with the game and are currently in the process of butchering all build diversity.

This nerf to leech is being done in an attempt to make life flasks more widely used.

Problem being this is not a themepark MMO. It is an MMOish ARPG. No one wants to juggle 10 different active abilities we want automatic defenses and between 1-4 frequently used abilities. The further GGG goes away from that dynamic the worse the game will become.
Creator of the Praxis ring.
Want to stop power creep? Gut crit chance and crit multi.
"
"
Carolina92 wrote:
RIP leech. We will miss you. You'll have your little grave beside mana builds (eldritch battery, arctic armour), block, reduced mana and auras.

Go, GGG! Loving the changes to build diversity! Now you only need to mix armour and evasion into a single defense mechanic and get rid of energy shield!

Lol yep.

Rory and Carl are now extremely out of touch with the game and are currently in the process of butchering all build diversity.

This nerf to leech is being done in an attempt to make life flasks more widely used.

Problem being this is not a themepark MMO. It is an MMOish ARPG. No one wants to juggle 10 different active abilities we want automatic defenses and between 1-4 frequently used abilities. The further GGG goes away from that dynamic the worse the game will become.

The goal

Your head
"If you’re incompetent, you can’t know you’re incompetent. […] the skills you need to produce a right answer are exactly the skills you need to recognize what a right answer is." ~David Dunning
Nice to see more options for improving leech rate. Keep up the good work guys!

Edit: What's up with the negativity? I don't understand...
"just for try, for see and for know"
Last edited by komlosi on May 18, 2015, 8:22:36 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info