[3.2] Scionic Flametank "16k ES ed." (ES-CI-ZO-GR, SR-CWC-FS, extensive guide)

I'm experimenting with combining Ghost Reaver with Catarina's mod of leeching .2% of fire damage. Preliminary results are encouraging.

Also, FWIW, I leveled just with incinerate from level 12 onward. Worked just fine.

I died a couple of times in Beta because I could not distinguish between my Firestorms and Firestorms thrown by the bad guys. Purchasing the Firestorm effect solved this problem.
Last edited by AedwyneofFolkstone on Jul 18, 2015, 9:42:58 PM
Maybe add a Video section? :) And a Leveling Tree each 20 points or something :)
im going to play your build. just would like guidince on where to go first n all.

Tabula good with this build? or we need the ES armor from chest?
Last edited by thyraa on Jul 18, 2015, 10:23:33 PM
Incinerate doesn't need that many links. I am still killing things at level 72 with a 4 link set up.

I suppose Tabula could work as you are leveling, but once you make the switch to CI, you really need all the ES you can get.
Hi Pi2rEpsilon, first let me thank you for this guide, I really like it (burn everything!).
Second, I'm wondering why didn't you take Essence Surge node in your skill tree? I think +60% ES recharge rate is pretty good, right?
"
I'm experimenting with combining Ghost Reaver with Catarina's mod of leeching .2% of fire damage. Preliminary results are encouraging.

Yep. It ended up incorporated in the main build - I'm even using a Doryani's Invitation now despite losing out on the ES from the belt slot that way.

Just to spite me, it turns out that there's a bug such that (some) items with 0.2% life leech don't work - my Doryani's Invitation being one of them - but it is a known bug so will be sorted out soon.

"

Also, FWIW, I leveled just with incinerate from level 12 onward. Worked just fine.

Good to hear.

"

I died a couple of times in Beta because I could not distinguish between my Firestorms and Firestorms thrown by the bad guys. Purchasing the Firestorm effect solved this problem.

As you can see in the first post, I am currently only using one firestorm, but I've run into that problem too.

Most dangerous when facing the firestorming Megara boss (or whatever her name is).

"
Thyra wrote:

Maybe add a Video section? :) And a Leveling Tree each 20 points or something :)
im going to play your build. just would like guidince on where to go first n all.

I am old and slow and... Lazy. Hence this build. ;) I haven't got around to playing around with videos, but I guess I might.

As for providing a leveling tree, I have not tried leveling from scratch under 2.0, but... with that said, and given that I'm thinking standard here where the occasional death is acceptable, if I were going to be leveling a new Flametank my plan would be something like this... and undoubtedly modified for the rude shocks I encountered along the way! My own guideline back when I was leveling in 1.3 as a new player, which is undoubtedly still good, was not to go CI before I was able to clear a zone without using a health potion.

21 pts
41 pts
58 pts
82 pts
96 pts, core build completed, pick what you want from here

In 1.3 my advice was to build the whole regeneration aspect to 11.1% before going CI, picking up many of the ES nodes later after CI, but with the increased damage of 2.0 having a higher total ES during the early leveling is probably wiser even if it means less total regeneration during that phase.

Fundamentally, don't pick up CI until you can take that and the three nodes that are gated behind it in one go AND you are capable of dealing with enemies without using health potions. I've put it in as "something to do before 82 pts when you'll also be speccing out of the Discipline & Training", but if you don't feel comfortable taking it then, don't do so, but wait.

"

Tabula good with this build? or we need the ES armor from chest?

We definitely need ES armour from the chest! It is the best source of base ES available to us.

I'd rather run this build 4L with a decent self-crafted ES chest (using Elreon Jewelry/mana cost reduction skills/clarity instead of Mana Leech) than run a 6L Tabula.

Running Incinerate-G/LMP-Spell Echo-Fire Penetration, compensating for the loss of Mana Leech in other ways, is a perfectly viable way to play this as Avantor and AedwynFolkestone have shown.

Which reminds me, I probably should mention that particular 4L combination that drops Mana Leech in the original post.

"
zzeneg wrote:

Hi Pi2rEpsilon, first let me thank you for this guide, I really like it (burn everything!).
Second, I'm wondering why didn't you take Essence Surge node in your skill tree? I think +60% ES recharge rate is pretty good, right?

Not for this build.

ES recharge is what happens when you have not been hit for 2 seconds (modified by faster recharge). Energy Surge affects how much you recharge when this happens.

ES regeneration is what happens when you have life regeneration and Zealot's Oath and it is always active. It is unaffected by Energy Surge.

It would be a waste of points to pick up Essence Surge - points that could be spent much better on maximum energy shield%, increasing the total energy shield as well as the constant regeneration.

EDIT: Or is it 3 seconds for recharge to start? Whatever. Not really relevant for this build.
Scionic Flametank 3.2: The classic ES-CI-ZO-GR regeneration tank is back in business, stronger than ever before with 50-60% ES/s recovery during most fights due to creative use of regeneration, leech, and recovery mechanics
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1271604
Last edited by Pi2rEpsilon on Jul 19, 2015, 2:14:54 PM
"
Not for this build.

ES recharge is what happens when you have not been hit for 2 seconds (modified by faster recharge). Energy Surge affects how much you recharge when this happens.

ES regeneration is what happens when you have life regeneration and Zealot's Oath and it is always active. It is unaffected by Energy Surge.

It would be a waste of points to pick up Essence Surge - points that could be spent much better on maximum energy shield%, increasing the total energy shield as well as the constant regeneration.

Oh, got it. Thanks for the explanation!
First of all, congratulations for the wonderful guide! Secondly, I just found this jewel:

Do you think that it could be useful anywhere with this build?
I'm afraid not, hypertherion. All it does is change the keywords for the damage types, i.e. "physical, lightning, cold, chaos" to "fire", within its radius, nothing else. So e.g. "increased lightning damage" becomes "increased fire damage" and "increased physical damage with nerfbat" becomes "increased fire damage with nerfbat".

There are few enough jewel slots traversed by this build where that would affect anything, and where it would you'd be better off - on a point by point basis considering the extra cost to get to the nodes - just using the jewel slots for damage jewels or alternatively picking up some of the easily available fire damage in the immediate vicinity of the core build, such as

71% from Heart of Flame (6 pts)
55% Explosive Impact (4 pts)
40% Ash, Frost, Storm (4pts)
Scionic Flametank 3.2: The classic ES-CI-ZO-GR regeneration tank is back in business, stronger than ever before with 50-60% ES/s recovery during most fights due to creative use of regeneration, leech, and recovery mechanics
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1271604
Last edited by Pi2rEpsilon on Jul 22, 2015, 9:24:50 AM
Just of the top of my head, how about making a lightning themed build like this, with Thunder herald, tendrils as main attack? I am sure there are tons of spells that can be made passive that would work well :), Ty for the nice old slow guy guide :) suits me well.
Doesnt CI require stun/freeze immunity?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info