[3.2] Scionic Flametank "16k ES ed." (ES-CI-ZO-GR, SR-CWC-FS, extensive guide)

This is the tree I was using upon first time killing Malachai in normal. Did it a second time just to double check that the build was good enough to manage deathless kill, and it was.

http://cb.poedb.tw/us/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAABLMLYQxfGFYaOBynHNwnLyj6MtE62EPIRUdFnVNSU6VboGh0aPJ8DnxLgpuCx48akFWUoJZ0mjua4KIAp1WvbLaGuJPAZsau1abYTdpi6-7sOO0g7TzwH_no

With so much regen both from hp regen and mana regen part with MOM, you barely need to flask at all.

(As I made a templar I obvious had the starting node for templar and not the starting node for scion. Since Im planning to grow into this build later, I made it scion start, just swapping the starting nodes).
Okay... This is pretty damn awesome.

Testing shows Chaos Golem's physical damage reduction bonus becomes active the moment the spell is cast rather than the moment its summoning finishes, so running it in a CwDT has no downsides apart from it occasionally being resummoned when it is already active, possibly resulting in a lower damageoutput, but its damageoutput was never the point in the first place.

I respecced to a version containing all the standard regeneration, Whispers of Doom for extra curse, and Ghost Reaver. The influence cluster's 4% mana reservation reduction is all that is needed to be able to field Arctic Armour-Vitality-Discipline, so I am able to use those 3 in a 3L rather than the old 4L. The other 3L is used for CwDT Enfeeble-Warlord's Mark

With this I'm running Avantor's suggested massed CwDT-Firestorm-Life Leech in the three 4Ls, with a Chaos Golem added as the 4th link in the first, Molten Shell in the second, and Frost Wall in the third.

So anything that hits hard enough to bother and isn't curse immune suffers a lot of leech between Warlord's Mark and the Leech support gems on CwDTs, though obviously most when I attack, and anything that is curse immune will still suffer some leeching.

The downside is that the passive defenses aren't as good at killing enemies any longer, but I'll take the added survivability any day of the week.

Now I just need to get 8 decent cobalt jewels with various damage, cast speed, intelligence, energy shield modiers. Heck, getting my hands on 8 cobalt jewels would be a good place to start. I've found only one so far. ;)

Running Enfeeble-Temporal Chains would probably be better against bosses, but since the only thing that was dangerous for the build in 1.3 was getting overwhelmed by large number of monsters, whereas bosses were easy to deal with, Enfeeble-Warlord's Mark seems the better choice.

Guess I should get around to updating the first post this weekend, though it would be funnier to do that when I had cobalt gems slotted. :D
Scionic Flametank 3.2: The classic ES-CI-ZO-GR regeneration tank is back in business, stronger than ever before with 50-60% ES/s recovery during most fights due to creative use of regeneration, leech, and recovery mechanics
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1271604
Quick Note: I am loving the new flame dash gem with this build.
"
Quick Note: I am loving the new flame dash gem with this build.

Haven't tried it out.

What exactly do you need a movement skill for? Or does it do more than movement? :)
Scionic Flametank 3.2: The classic ES-CI-ZO-GR regeneration tank is back in business, stronger than ever before with 50-60% ES/s recovery during most fights due to creative use of regeneration, leech, and recovery mechanics
I'm still leveling in Normal, so I don't have to make hard choices yet.

It's great for avoiding boss attacks. It's lightning warp without the oh-so-annoying delay.
Leveling in tempest now, changed to Ci at lvl 53, sporting 3,2 K ES. Regenerating at 280 per sec now, just at the start of act 4 cruel.
Stupid question: It doesn't appear that the vendors sell Firestorm. Am I missing something?
The vendors sell gems once a class has received it as a reward. I bought some copies using my Witch.

According to the latest wiki updates, it is only offered to Marauder, Templar, and Witch that have completed the Act1 quest to go see Merveil.
Pi2rEpsilon, Thanks for putting together this excellent guide!

I'm a relatively new to PoE. I just got my first character to 65 before 2.0 hit. The build I was using is now dead (based on CI/Freezing Pulse), so I've been planning on respecing to one of the CI/ES regen builds.

That said, I don't want to brick my character due to my inexperience. Do you have an updated passive skill tree for this build as of 2.0 you could share?

This is what I'm looking at doing currently:
http://cb.poedb.tw/us/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMA34rpAkuuGyXZW20ZEVA1uacrIvRsC5Mnf8bBxewYLL8V14auVmNwu4_6vorK07QM6roNfFfJKPqCx_noaHTaYpSguJMc3OvumuBFnVNSpwidrhps98HkIilPnjyMduw4gpvtILaGfEto8nwOp1VboK9sC2HGrgxfHKdTpcT2J-0GDtR8CfYZLtlhVw3xrCkufLgaPl8_9kjEWNDQX2rVphhWoS-PGg==

Any advice you could give would be greatly appreciated, thanks!
I am busy putting together an updated guide, titanlectro, but I'm afraid it'll be another day or two before I'm done.

That said, I can copy paste some of it here if it is any use:

KILL ALL BANDITS. God will know his own and this build is very skillpoint hungry.

This is what I consider the core of the regeneration/life leech/dual curse build it has turned into for 2.0
96 pts: Core regeneration build, 3 jewel slots

I don't really have a good progression plan for when to pick up the various nodes here as I'm still working on it, but delaying taking CI until you've gotten some 3K+ ES is probably a good idea as a new player regardless of any other considerations.

For hardcore, one would be advised to pick up more ES% before completing all the regeneration. And with the jewels, there are so many possibilities where picking up an extra jewel slot on the way before completing all the regeneration makes sense... But regardless, that core IS something nice to work towards.

The following is what I am aiming for as a utopian level 100 build (currently 92 on my Flame tank character), but let's face it, there are many ways to go from that 96 pts core - though one should at the very least pick up another 3 jewel slots or so.

123 pts: Aesthetically pleasing level 100 build with 8 jewel slots

These are my current links:
6: Incinerate – Mana Leech – G/LMP – Spell Echo – Fire Penetration – Faster Casting
3: Discipline – Vitality – Arctic Armour [requires Influence Wheel to run]
3: CwDT - Enfeeble - Warlord's Mark or Temporal Chains
4: CwDT - Firestorm - Molten Shell – Life Leech
4: CwDT - Firestorm – Chaos Golem – Life Leech
4: CwDT – Firestorm – Frost Wall – Life Leech

The 6L is in order of links if less than 6, and it really requires 4 links to be fun and 5 links to work well.

I'm not quite sure about those three Firestorm CwDTs. Perhaps I should cut down them down to two linked CwDT-Firestorm-Life Leech-Concentrated Effect and run Firestorm-Molten Shell - Chaos Golem - Life Leech, ditching the Frost Wall...

And I'm currently using Warlord's Mark, though my math tells me Temporal Chains would be more useful against bosses, but again the only place the build occasionally comes short is when dealing with massive numbers of mobs that outdamage the regeneration, which the new life leech mechanics allows us to largely counteract with Ghost Reaver, so...

...So much experimentation to do, but I DO like those massive Frost Walls springing up all over the place, pushing back monsters, blocking their paths (and that of many projectiles!) in higher level maps.

I'm currently busy trying to amass enough cobalt jewels to fill all slots. Just another day or two, I guess.

Compared to the damage the flametank was capable of dealing in 1.3, it is simply gorgeous now. I'm running GMP with the option of replacing it with Slower Projectiles on tough bosses. (Only relevant on Merciless Malachai so far.) Somewhat lower singletarget damage, but so good at melting groups. With my 3 half-arsed cobalt jewels averaging 15% damage I'm currently at around 7.5k dps at stage 0 so 30k at stage 4.

Funniest thing about the new build: With my current equipment, when I have three Endurance Charges from Warlord's Mark, the Chaos Golem, and both Molten Shell and Granite Flask #1 active... I have 81% physical damage reduction. Not bad considering my only sources of armour on gear are my shield and my belt. :D
Last edited by Pi2rEpsilon on Jul 13, 2015, 4:14:18 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info