[3.2] Scionic Flametank "16k ES ed." (ES-CI-ZO-GR, SR-CWC-FS, extensive guide)

@defflak
That should be no problem. You can easily make up for the strength in your gear, where it is more important to have T1 Strength + All Attributes if possible.
If you see something less 1-3 str from optimum for 1c better grab it - you can replace it later when you have currency.

BTW I can't see arakaali regen bonus anywhere in stat window (I look right after cwdt triggers rage + IC), though regen is almost instant.
Last edited by tm10067 on Oct 17, 2017, 11:02:39 AM
The concept is great, but this guide really needs a better leveling section. 'Level as life/armor for the first 58 levels' doesn't really cut it. What skill should I be using? Are there any relevant leveling uniques other than the standard tabula rasa/wanderlust/goldrim?
I really wanted to try this build, but have given up at around 30 because leveling with firestorm is very slow, and I don't see it speeding up much after normal lab. One or two more early skilltrees would really help as well.
Scion can't speed up after normal lab anyway, first notables on scion wheel go after spending 3 ascendancy points.

Thanks for this guide. Very good explanation!
Thank You for this one! Awesome build to play with, so much fun!
Thank you for this great guide, loved the details.

For leveling, I used Summon Raging Spirits with the Gravepact notable (you have lots of respec points from leveling quests anyway), in a 4-link with Melee Splash. Wasn't great, but did the job. I must admit it was kinda boring, but other conventional spells I tried did less damage IMO.

Around level 38 when I got the Arsonist notable tried SR-CwC-FS in the same 4-link with Controlled Destruction and it just melts away everything, so went with it ever since, specced out of Gravepact immediately.

Self cast Firestorm just feels slow and weak compared to the CwC (0.45 sec trigger vs 0.90 sec selfcast).

Armor/block is great, for the kinda low-ish (for my taste) health, they compliment it well. Ofc resist capped for HHC with found rare items right around the end of Act 1 (also took the extra life nodes while leveling for this reason).

Since I had no currency to start with in hardcore when starting the character, I've not used any leveling uniques, but probably the mentioned Goldrim, Wanderlust, etc. would help a lot with speed.

Damage was all around great between level 38 and 66, then bought the unique gear for the build, effective health pool doubled, thanks to it. Currently in the "hybrid" phase of the leveling process, explained in the main post.

Level 67 atm, having a blast. Such a fun combo SR-CwC-FS is, though you must get used to the standing still mechanic on boss fights.

So recapping, the build starts slow, picks up around lvl38, goes great after lvl66, so it is worth the pain of early leveling.
Are we sure the CWDT > Blood Rage > Immortal Call actually trigger the Herald Of Thunder soul?

When this procs it doesn't actually remove the blood rage, it just makes you immune to the blood rage. Does this count as stop taking damage over time recently.

Edit:

Tested:

I am not sure if this applies to all sources of "regeneration". That would require further testing because the defense sheet seems bugged. But I did test how the "regeneration" is proc'ed.

CWDT > Blood Rage > Immortal Call - this procs herald of thunder soul whenever immortal call procs or blood rage expires

Blood Rage - this procs herald of thunder soul when you refresh blood rage or if it expires

CWDT > Blood Rage - this procs herald of thunder soul only if blood rage expires. Refreshing the debuff this way does not proc herald of thunder
Last edited by Bobthegoat69 on Jan 2, 2018, 5:11:24 AM
I think it is possible to replace cwdt EO proc with single ball lightning instead of two spells, then rearrange aura gems to free 2 linked slots and then replace flame dash with shield charge - fortify, which will provide great bonus to tanking ability.

Also it is possible to make occultist subvariation with 6L scorching ray + EE, it is reflect-proof and even bigger blue bubble, but can't leech (which feels like losing half recovering ability on red map mobs, but shouldn't be a big difference on bosses).
Hey awesome build guide!
I am loving the play style and it works great.
I still have some work to do on this exile but its coming along nicely.
any tips on my gear would be great! i know i am using bisco's ammy farming t10 and lower maps i can not find a good ammy for end game yet.

Do you foresee any changes in the upcoming patch? I know its early but i want to be as ready as I can be.

Also I am wondering about increasing damage by taking any fire passives or elemental/increase area damage nodes. Or is damage going to be better scaled on strength nodes alone.

Thanks for all the work

Happy hunting

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info