[3.2] Scionic Flametank "16k ES ed." (ES-CI-ZO-GR, SR-CWC-FS, extensive guide)

Finally got my new computer set up...amazing...no words...smooth, lag free...heaven. :)

Revamped my Lv 90 Incinerator Marauder from Max block with 8% Life regen to no extra block and 15% regen from main tree and Chieftain class. Using this build with my Witch gave me the inspiration (plus I'm short on extra ES gear).

Also upped his Life from 6600 to 7500. Life regen is around 1200 per second with a Stone Golem. With all 6 Endurance Charges up, jumps to 1500 with .7% per second from main tree and Asc tree. Popping a Sulphur flask bumps it up to around 1800. Pure Chieftain is pretty insane...Endurance Charges never seem to run out which helps mitigate physical damage...and I've got Enduring Cry as a back up just in case. Still getting decent block with my Rumi's, Stone of Laz and Rathpith globe. Damage is pretty potent with Incinerate...I'm back to using Blasphemy (which is indeed blasphemy, I know) with Flammability and Warlord's Mark.

Combining the curse with the extra 10% fire penetration from Chieftain class and I'm just melting foes. Still optimizing gear but it's the just about the same build you have here, just life based. Debating trying out RF...hmm...must test.
I just did a labyrinth run and got the life/mana regen enchantment on my boots. Just wish I had better boots in the first place.

About to do another run to start working on my gloves. To be honest, I'm not sure if I'll notice much of a difference with this enchantment during the Izaro fight since I was already facetanking him no problem in the first place, plus I already get a crazy amount of ES regen during the fight thanks to his adds fueling my Vile Bastion.

By the way, even though the enchantment says 2% regen on the forums, it's listed as 1.5% regen in-game. Current theory is that the 2% one might come from the rumored level 75 labyrinth I've heard people mention.

I wonder what would be a good glove enchantment for this build. My current one, Decree of Spite, just does some weak projectile attack that leaves an asterisk-shaped chilled ground pattern when I get hit.
"
Pi2rEpsilon wrote:
@Gwmngilfen

Regarding Stone Golem while leveling - great tip! I completely overlooked that due to only considering its value to the completed core build. I'll update the build guide to include mention of this.

EDIT: Done.

Awesome, glad to help. Minor typo though:

> Once you are past the stage when Chaos Golem's 105/s at level 20 stops being meaningful

I think you mean Stone Golem there :P
"
Gwmngilfen wrote:

Awesome, glad to help. Minor typo though:

> Once you are past the stage when Chaos Golem's 105/s at level 20 stops being meaningful

I think you mean Stone Golem there :P

Good catch. Fixed.
Scionic Flametank 3.2: The classic ES-CI-ZO-GR regeneration tank is back in business, stronger than ever before with 50-60% ES/s recovery during most fights due to creative use of regeneration, leech, and recovery mechanics
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1271604
Hey @ OP and the rest of the thread readers!
I hope you don't mind me asking the question sort of in general here to those of you that have leveled this build in the perandus league, I was wondering if you could tell me:
Is it tanky early on?
Can you start using and sustain incinerate?
Any other issues you ran into, mana problems, damage output or taken?
Incinerate really is one of my favourite skills and I am currently leveling a Scion, also was lucky enough to get some currency so I could potentially get the dagger, (I was really planing on going after dark, seems more my taste :D
(currently farming for some gear for my up and coming flametank on my ranger which I do love playing as well, its just that, if I'm really honest I'm 1 bump in the head to being legally declared mentally challenged, atleast when it comes to POE, so I need myself something alot more tankier :p
Last edited by Chridian on Mar 11, 2016, 11:12:19 AM
Hey there, build is going great. I had some issues with stuns early on, but I picked up the stun immunity nodeable and now everything is smooth.

My gear is below. Just finished my jeweler crafting so now I can swap out mana leech for something better. Any suggestions?

Spoiler
After messing around with a few glove enchantments, the one I've decided to stick with for now is Decree of the Tempest. It's on a 10s cooldown and is activated whenever you hit something. When activated, it'll charge up for 2 seconds, then release a PBAoE lightning attack that seems to do a decent amount of damage.

With my current gear and setup, the tooltip says it hits for about 5-7k damage...and I don't exactly have the most amazing gear. It also has a crit rate of ~18% for me, giving it a decent chance of activating Elemental Overload, although do keep in mind that the crit rate is being boosted by the Consuming Dark that I just got my hands on. Since I'm pretty much always surrounded by a bunch of enemies, the Nova-like nature of this skill seems to work pretty well with the build. Also, since it's a "hit" effect, I don't have to worry about losing access to it when I fight a boss without adds.

On the other hand, if someone is in need of an enchantment to boost their survival capability, Decree of Reflection seemed fairly suitable for this purpose. It's also on a 10s cooldown, and summons a clone of yourself for 5s whenever you get hit.

Similar to using Summon Skeletons on CWDT, it reliably throws out an extra body to distract enemies and pull some heat off of the player during combat. From what I saw, it did a pretty good job at that since it seems to be a fairly tanky minion, and enemies almost seemed to be magically drawn to it. Just don't expect it to dish out a lot of damage since all it does is basic attacks with your main weapon. There's also something amusing about watching a doppleganger of yourself running around in battle.

While there may very well be better glove enchantments, these are the two I personally got that caught my attention.

Now comes the long grind of trying to get an Incinerate helm enchantment...
Last edited by SephMoon on Mar 12, 2016, 6:09:01 AM
@Chridian

It should be pretty tanky early on as I designed the nodes to be picked in that way with defense taking priority over offense and offense almost solely coming from equipment and jewels, but that is only an educated guess. I'll have to punt this one as I'm not leveling a flametank in Perandus. Anybody who is, who can answer Chridian's question?

@superjack010

*Gulp* 9ex to enchant 3 pieces of Elreon jewelry to render mana costs irrelevant. Beyond what I can afford, but it is covered in the guide:

After Dark: Incinerate – G/LMP – Elemental Focus – Faster Casting – Controlled Destruction (5L) – Void Manipulation (6L)

This should be the optimal choice with a legacy 75% Consuming Dark (which you have) despite the 25% reduced elemental damage assuming the passive tree build is identical to mine and that apart from the two Energy From Within you've got good damage or damage/ES jewels focused on increasing damage percentages rather than cast speed.

If instead your damage jewels focus on cast speed, you may be better off using Added Chaos Damage or even Iron Will - it is hard to say without doing the complete calculations.
Scionic Flametank 3.2: The classic ES-CI-ZO-GR regeneration tank is back in business, stronger than ever before with 50-60% ES/s recovery during most fights due to creative use of regeneration, leech, and recovery mechanics
"
Chridian wrote:
Hey @ OP and the rest of the thread readers!
I hope you don't mind me asking the question sort of in general here to those of you that have leveled this build in the perandus league, I was wondering if you could tell me:
Is it tanky early on?

If this helps...I ran a new character through this build in Ascendancy and found it quite tanky early on. Normal was a bit tough but once I hit Cruel and Merciless and starting getting my ES and regen high I was facetanking bosses very easily. I got to Level 90 with only 22 deaths...most of which were due to having a very old and laggy computer that locked up my screen at the most inopportune moments.

Of course, the tankiness was due to having good gear and grabbing the ES and regen nodes and following the guide as closely as my equipment would allow. I also was playing a Witch.

I'd say give it a shot in Perandus and let us know how it goes. :)
Okay, the answer to the leveling questions is "definitely tanky enough".

I performed an interesting test today, trying to build Duelist Champion CI-ZO regeneration tank Stormcaller (hey, why not? :p). It'll end up much like the flametank, but have the benefit of permanent fortify and movement speed bonus and the severe drawback of having to spend a fair number of wasted points escaping from the Duelist start. So I'm pretty sure it won't be able to grab as much ES, and even dual-cursing may be iffy. Current plan is aiming for something like this. In short, I expect it to fall short of the flametank overall. But there's only one way to find out how it works in practice. :)

The test was performed in Perandus so I started out with nothing whatsoever as I usually play standard.

By level 33 I'd done all the trials, done all the sidequests, and all that was left in act 3 normal was the labyrinth, Piety, and Dominus. I had 20-50 life on all equipment and 31% spellpower from a wand. But my resistances sucked big time.

So I decided to enter the labyrinth to level up and find some better gear before fighting through to Piety, expecting to be slaughtered by Izaro.

I entered at level 33. I encountered Argus and ran like hell when I saw what damage he could inflict. I left it at level 37 with no deaths and my Champion ascendancy.

(My skill tree at the end was this. All four jewel slots filled with 24-26% total damage% jewels bought at 1 alch each.)

So definitely tanky enough.

Damage, on the other hand... It took me 8-10 minutes to kill Izaro (lots of running was involved) and the whole visit took a bit more than 2 hours (but then, I cleared out the place). I'd have succeeded much quicker if I'd just waited a few levels or until I had a 4L.

So I cannot recommend attempting the labyrinth at level 33 despite this being the intended level. You can certainly beat it, but the time might be better spent on other activities.
Last edited by Pi2rEpsilon on Mar 12, 2016, 5:54:03 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info