Question before posting as Bug

I've focused heavily on +IR on my bootstrap character. I think the main difference you see is a fuckton of blue items (upgraded from normal quality), rather than very many rares (upgraded from blue quality). You'd probably quickly notice the difference if you pay attention to blue drop rate rather than yellow.

For a related reason, ppl on HC are sick of hearing me asking to trade for Scroll of Wisdom, to identify all those blues that would normally be whites for the average player.
Necropolis: 95
SC: 95 97 93 96 100 93 94 93 94 95 96 97 94 93 94
HC RIP: 94 96
Character archive: view-thread/963707
Last edited by unsane on Nov 22, 2011, 2:48:30 AM
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
Ugm wrote:
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
I've tested it. If you have 1000000% Increased rarity of items found, you definitely see it working.

Wow, can you post build and gear of this ultimate mf char?!

;)
No gear involved. I can give characters arbitrary stats on my own testing servers. So You're not going to be able to get it that high.

Yeah, I know, I was just joking :) See that little ";)" on the bottom?
ingame: FeelLuckyPunk standard
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
braincrash wrote:
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
No gear involved. I can give characters arbitrary stats on my own testing servers. So You're not going to be able to get it that high.

No offence but I believe that that way of testing doesn't properly simulate the mod attribute received from items...
As someone who understands the relevant parts of the game engine, I can assure you it does. The source of a stat doesn't matter. The stats from gear are applied to the character in exactly the same manner, the only difference is there's a little flag saying they came from gear, which affects nothing mechanically, and is only used so you can see a breakdown of where your stats come from (except that feature is disabled due to not working fully yet and needing cleaned up).
Rory has probably accumulated lots of the stat on actual items for testing as well, but that's not my job.

What I meant is: if there is a bug on the calculation of items mods, testing at the "end" of the chain may not give the same results.

That was my only argument

That said, the guy probably was just unlucky. :)
I've ran with 0 IR and had a buddy at ~60% IR and after a while I started letting him get most of the kills. The difference in drop rates was clearly noticeable.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info