One Month Flashback Leagues

"
cherryfire89 wrote:
Note: I have not taken into account, there might be already people among the 1,000 people who already have a beta key, if you want to get a more accurate probability multiply the probability 1.5 / 100 by the ratio 1000 / (number of people who already have the key), remake the calculation and you will have something more realistic and more high (that is also why I say minimum).

The number of people who already have the key has no bearing on the probability, as Chris stated that "the top 1000 players in the event (by experience) who do not already have Closed Beta Access will go into a pool"...meaning the chances of winning, every day, will ALWAYS be 15/1000.
Last edited by slably on May 7, 2015, 3:12:38 AM
Sounds like a Fun event. Even if I don't get a Beta Key :D

Perfect Time to start PoE again after couple months of not playing.
Sounds awesome. I never played half those mods being a noob. Cant wait.
Git R Dun!
"
silumit wrote:
"
cherryfire89 wrote:
I estimated how many chances there are to get a key if it is ranked 1000th least every day:
Let p be a probability of the universe as:
1.5% Minimum win one key per day over 30 days.

Or the following events:

A: I win a key
Bi: I do not win the key th day (Bib its opposite)

(U = union, n = intersection)

p (A) = p ((B1bnB2nB3n ... NB30) u (B1nB2bnB3n ... NB30) u ... u (B1nB2n...nB30b))
= P (B1bnB2nB3n ... NB30) + p (B1nB2bnB3n ... NB30) + ... + p (B1nB2n...nB30b)
(Note: events incompatible meeting their equals their sums)
* P = 30 (B1bnB2n...NB30)
(Note: the events are independent their intersections is equal to their products
Note 2: the same probability events so * 30 (each scenario is equally likely to happen))
= 30 * 1.5 / 100 * (98.5 / 100) ^ 29
= 29%

Result: If you rank 1000th every day of the league, you have at least 29% chance to obtain a beta key.

Isn't it more simple: chance to NOT get a key in any of 30 days is 0.985^30=0.635, therefore chance to get a key is 1-0.635 = 36.5% ?

the proba do not work like that, they have to do things well or you will say silliness

"
slably wrote:
"
cherryfire89 wrote:
Note: I have not taken into account, there might be already people among the 1,000 people who already have a beta key, if you want to get a more accurate probability multiply the probability 1.5 / 100 by the ratio 1000 / (number of people who already have the key), remake the calculation and you will have something more realistic and more high (that is also why I say minimum).

The number of people who already have the key has no bearing on the probability, as Chris stated that "the top 1000 players in the event (by experience) who do not already have Closed Beta Access will go into a pool"...meaning the chances of winning, every day, will ALWAYS be 15/1000.

Yes, i have forgot that, so it's the exact probability in fact. And i agree the chance of winning everyday is always 15/1000, but this the probability to win in ONE MONTH.
"
cherryfire89 wrote:
the proba do not work like that, they have to do things well or you will say silliness

Je sais pas mec je suis arrivé à 36.45% aussi

Odds to not get a key everyday: 985/1000
So, the odds of not getting a key after 30 consecutive days: 985^30/1000^30 = 63,5458%
Odds of getting a key are then 1 - 63.5458% = 36.4542%
"
Jaille wrote:
"
cherryfire89 wrote:

Je sais pas mec je suis arrivé à 36.45% aussi

Odds to not get a key everyday: 985/1000
So, the odds of not getting a key after 30 consecutive days: 985^30/1000^30 = 63,5458%
Odds of getting a key are then 1 - 63.5458% = 36.4542%
What I said.
cherryfire89, care to elaborate what exactly is wrong here?
Edit: you know, i even doubted myself and brute-forced couple of M rounds of 30-day key tries with 1.5% each day probability. It shows numbers very close to 36.4% too...
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
Last edited by silumit on May 8, 2015, 12:07:53 AM
Sounds cool, but Chris i'd expect a bit propper language, the 4.20. was last month, "may the 4th" could only be yoda talk not some rasta talk that i'd need to be high to understand.
IGN: FoughtBledAndWeptForGod, WoE_HitoZ

stream: http://www.twitch.tv/hitokirizoro
There are all league mods.
BUT,there are not all league things!
There are all league mods.
BUT,there are not all league prizes!
I even dont know what to do.
I think i will stay in standard for thinking :
What to do!?
I just went back to the game after a long while and have no idea what all these mods mean.
Spoiler
Time to read up on the wiki I guess
Last edited by 0Mojo0 on May 9, 2015, 2:23:58 AM
one thing is for sure, the amount of loot is awesome (i might settle 4-links and running 66-70 maps and just stack alts/jeweller's/fuses+ the rest).
d:-D*

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info