State of the Beta

"
Getting a mirror back for each mirrored item sold to a vendor. I can't shake my head hard enough at this - both of you think this is a good idea? So flood the market with mirrors is what you're saying as a fix. Think about that for a minute and come back to it.

Changes must be made with new content. You choose to play in Standard, I choose to play in Leagues - there are pro's and con's to both. You had to know that with a new expansion coming there would be changes to the value of your fully mirrored 2 year old character who is all but godlike. I hate to sound like a jerk, but spoiler alert: you will still be near-godlike. So chill and use your amassed fortunes to buy/craft even better gear..

I thought about it for a minute and here I am again. Flooding the market with mirrors is rly bad, exploding mirror prices like it is now is much worse!

Many ppl are holding their mirrors back due to upcomming tier mods where they'll prolly demand 250 - 300ex each while old stuff gets cheap as f***.

I got a job and will certainly not invest hundrets of hours farming currency supporting absolute inflation in SC economy once again. And no - I'm not willing to play leagues, just SC perma.

And yes - I am aware that changes have to be made, but not such ones that destroy all the hard work from tons of ppl.

I said it before - new and interesting mods are welcomed and appreciated. Higher tier mods are not necessary at all at this moment.

I can't shake my head hard enough at such a scenario.
IGN Soultakerr
Last edited by maikanafufaika on May 5, 2015, 10:27:33 AM
I think all of you standard people that fight so hard to retain what you got, should bundle you strenght with others like myself to make standard a place where people want to be.

I enjoy leagues, races. I still would like a permanent home aswell someday. Sadly current standard has absolutely nothing to offer for me and many others. They would do good to find a way to refresh the economy without destroying what people build up.
Love the state of beta update, but one thing that really bothers me is the "Rebalance of the race to 100" / "XP gains" so because people play no life and are able to reach 100 within 3-4 weeks you punish the rest of us casual players who hope to reach 100 and make it even harder?

Excuse my language but this is pure bullshit, I am more a casual player and my highest Lvl is 93 and I struggled to get there and want to keep going, the xp gains are already slim to none and my urge to continue after those levels are almost slim to none, if you make this even harder I really don't even see a reason to keep going, I will probably start playing like the rest of the PoE community and just start making new chars every time I get a new one to level 90.

Seriously please re-think the XP gain rebalance for us casual players this does not seem fair at all :(

Also, with already the GMP/LMP nerf and a lot of skill rebalance most builds won't even compete to the builds we have now so XP gains will already slow down with all these changes incoming!
Please do item quantity gems drop again :(
Hello. Thank you very much for this great game.

Sorry my grammar, my English is very basic.

Hours played: 1750.

Just say please fix the drop of Items, at this point most players can not enjoy 100% of the game, a few people have the most expensive items and ask about prices impossible for normal players.

The economy of the game is not balanced. Greetings.

I'm sorry for my Inglés. Translated with Google
"
"
Getting a mirror back for each mirrored item sold to a vendor. I can't shake my head hard enough at this - both of you think this is a good idea? So flood the market with mirrors is what you're saying as a fix. Think about that for a minute and come back to it.

Changes must be made with new content. You choose to play in Standard, I choose to play in Leagues - there are pro's and con's to both. You had to know that with a new expansion coming there would be changes to the value of your fully mirrored 2 year old character who is all but godlike. I hate to sound like a jerk, but spoiler alert: you will still be near-godlike. So chill and use your amassed fortunes to buy/craft even better gear..

I thought about it for a minute and here I am again. Flooding the market with mirrors is rly bad, exploding mirror prices like it is now is much worse!

Many ppl are holding their mirrors back due to upcomming tier mods where they'll prolly demand 250 - 300ex each while old stuff gets cheap as f***.

I got a job and will certainly not invest hundrets of hours farming currency supporting absolute inflation in SC economy once again. And no - I'm not willing to play leagues, just SC perma.

And yes - I am aware that changes have to be made, but not such ones that destroy all the hard work from tons of ppl.

I said it before - new and interesting mods are welcomed and appreciated. Higher tier mods are not necessary at all at this moment.

I can't shake my head hard enough at such a scenario.

Selling mirrored items for mirrors makes no sense. So Mirrored items (even ones from Strongboxes) now sell for a mirror? How do you differentiate code-wise? Do you get more mirrors for "better" BiS rare mirrored items? How do you break this down? Explain how the economics of it works. I'd love to hear it.

Also, why are you so concerned with mirror prices as a self-certified casual player?
"
"

I used to think that you did, I was seriously stuck on playing just in SC, leveled probably about 5 characters past 90, several more past 80. I never played anything but SC until the two one-month SC/HC leagues for that MTX armour. I also started playing HC, now I'm playing in the beta.

I can tell you from my experience as a guy with a job and some limited playing time it really is more fun NOT playing in SC perm. The currency you earn is seriously worth more, so I get more return on the time I play and farm. It's been much easier to pick up upgrade gear on the cheap from what I've found too.

That's just my two cents of course, but don't disregard why so many choose not to play SC perm, it is just flooded with currency from people playing for years, and as a casual player you just can't compete with that.
I lul at the market stress. If you did more playing the game and less trading and trying to make a market out of it, you wouldn't need to stress about the value of things and who controls what. I'll never understand why, in a game about grinding by killing things for loot to help you progress, that some people want to skip that and flip items to get better gear and more currency. People who turn these games into capitalist simulators are the reason why we have really useful crafting components that are so rare you can't even effectively use them for their intended purpose. It's bad enough trading has become so pervasive that the public grouping system is useless and global is like trying to have a conversation in the middle of a live infomercial that never ends.

You're playing a freaking game. Trade less, play more.
"
I lul at the market stress. If you did more playing the game and less trading and trying to make a market out of it, you wouldn't need to stress about the value of things and who controls what. I'll never understand why, in a game about grinding by killing things for loot to help you progress, that some people want to skip that and flip items to get better gear and more currency. People who turn these games into capitalist simulators are the reason why we have really useful crafting components that are so rare you can't even effectively use them for their intended purpose. It's bad enough trading has become so pervasive that the public grouping system is useless and global is like trying to have a conversation in the middle of a live infomercial that never ends.

You're playing a freaking game. Trade less, play more.

I agree! I had 4 duplicate unique items that I didn't want and trying to sell them was ridiculous! So I ended up just giving them away to a beginner! Trading should be easier.
It is truly amazing to me how far away this expansion is. I predict a 4 month beta.

"The rare jewels do not feel as notable-like as we had intended. We plan to trial increasing the values of prefixes and reducing the values of suffixes. This change will also include changes to what is a suffix and what is a prefix."

How about simply making them able to get 6 mods like every other rare in the game?
Necropolis: 97
SC: 95 97 93 96 100 93 94 93 94 95 96 97 94 93 94
HC RIP: 94 96
Character archive: view-thread/963707
Last edited by unsane on May 6, 2015, 2:48:23 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info