Beta Wipe Tomorrow. High Lifetime Supporters Added. Faster Beta Timer!

Ive spent $100 + whatever the warrior pack cost me. Been in since closed beta, long way from $500 though :|.

~T

EDIT: Invites based on account creation date or time played might be an interesting twist ;)
TeenageEsthetician
ElectriCooter

Playing PoE since July 2012.
Last edited by Temptation123 on Apr 28, 2015, 9:46:38 AM
"
DnAngel wrote:
"
shydo wrote:

Sorry, but i have to comment on this.

Seriously man, it is F2P, they give you enough tabs to go by, but if your hunger for items, tabs and stuff asks for more than you are given, you have to get more somehow right? You have 04 options:
1 - Ask someone to give it to you and keep asking everytime you need (beggar)
2 - Work and buy it yourself (worker)
3 - Steal from someone (thief)
4 - stop playing (it may be the best option for a person with such presence)

There is no free dinner in the world at all, and in this case won't give enhanced abilities to your character anyways. Your invisible wall is created by yourself despite being predicted or not, and you know it also.

Ignorance is a bless! (If you haven't played the game, you wouldn't want more tabs!). :D

Btw, you got some attention also! ^^

People are answering to me as if I was asking for free tabs lol. I'm not. I don't need more tabs than the ones I have. And yes, I contributed to the game, I'm just not the type of showing off 3 shiny plates to let everyone know I did. And I would have contributed more if PoE were FTP.

I'm not saying that the amount of money necessary to play the game is too high. I also agree that it has one of the most fair models out there, but could be better. I'm just stating that PoE IS NOT FREE TO PLAY, in a sense that what you pay doesn't affect the game. You can also play Diablo 3 for free for the first X levels or something. Is that FTP? No.

If you aren't bothered by switching accounts and characters it's Pay to Win, because people that pay have an advantage over people that do not.
If you don't want to switch characters, it's a Pay to Play game with a generous Free trial.

Are you for real? the game is 100% free to play. Why do you think stash tabs is pay to win? I feel you need to do some research on that claim so you get to understand it.
What advantages do you get from having more stash tabs? You save 10sec from the character change? Jesus, I don't even, wow, just wow.
How can some people have the audacity to utter "pay to win"?

If I got in the beta I would consider it an honor to provide feedback - If i don't get it, that's fine.
It is not for everyone - and frankly if you think this game is pay to win,
it is difficult to take anything you say seriously.

How can you not respect the integrity of GGG?
They put their heart and soul in every single detail,
so for the love of Gaben, please relax children.
Beef to the Dorgeshuun
"
DnAngel wrote:
People are answering to me as if I was asking for free tabs lol. I'm not. I don't need more tabs than the ones I have. And yes, I contributed to the game, I'm just not the type of showing off 3 shiny plates to let everyone know I did. And I would have contributed more if PoE were FTP.

I'm not saying that the amount of money necessary to play the game is too high. I also agree that it has one of the most fair models out there, but could be better. I'm just stating that PoE IS NOT FREE TO PLAY, in a sense that what you pay doesn't affect the game. You can also play Diablo 3 for free for the first X levels or something. Is that FTP? No.

If you aren't bothered by switching accounts and characters it's Pay to Win, because people that pay have an advantage over people that do not.
If you don't want to switch characters, it's a Pay to Play game with a generous Free trial.

But POE IS free to play. Treat additional stash tabs as a luxury - the luxury of hoarding as many items as you wish. What do you get without that luxury? 4 tabs, right? Well, you make a SINGLE character, and you play, keeping the currency and gear you are interested in, and selling - either to other players if available or at vendors - the stuff you don't need on a regular basis. That's it. That style of playing allows you to enjoy the game with only 4 tabs, sell stuff, exchange currency, buy those exalts, keep things on the run. You won't be rich like them supporter guys, but that doesn't mean your chances at Atziri are close to none, are they? On the other hand, if you want the luxury of playing additional characters, try different builds and keep all the stuff that you think you may be using in the future...well...luxury my friend is not free, that's why we call it luxury :).
"We are completely opposed to the concept of "pay-to-win"." ...ok so let's change a bit that text ..
We are completely agree with the concept of "pay-to-play".

i'm not jelous i just want to play the beta like everyone else ...
350$ spended and only want test new item filters, quite tired relloling character each wipe.
"
papas88063 wrote:
"
just now got my beta invite thank you chris<3

had me going for a second there.

mai poor heart

Did you receive via webasite or e-mail? Still haven't received mine.

I received notification of mine on the website and by email.
"
DnAngel wrote:
"
shydo wrote:
Sorry, but i have to comment on this.

Seriously man, it is F2P, they give you enough tabs to go by, but if your hunger for items, tabs and stuff asks for more than you are given, you have to get more somehow right? You have 04 options:
1 - Ask someone to give it to you and keep asking everytime you need (beggar)
2 - Work and buy it yourself (worker)
3 - Steal from someone (thief)
4 - stop playing (it may be the best option for a person with such presence)

There is no free dinner in the world at all, and in this case won't give enhanced abilities to your character anyways. Your invisible wall is created by yourself despite being predicted or not, and you know it also.

Ignorance is a bless! (If you haven't played the game, you wouldn't want more tabs!). :D

Btw, you got some attention also! ^^

"
lordplenty wrote:
You have access to the entire game content for free.

But you are limited in what you can do.

"
The stash is sufficient to enjoy the entire game content.

Don't forget that trading is a very important part of the game. If you want to get enough currency for top tier items, you will probably have to save items on your stash and setup a shop.

"
The company NEEDS money to run.

The idea that I have is that many people pay because they want to support GGG, and not just because they need stash tabs. I can't speak for everyone, but I would be more inclined to support if the game was a completely FTP play game.

Edit: This game is completely free to play. Now stop whining and enjoy this wonderful product.
Last edited by fatmechanic on Apr 28, 2015, 10:02:59 AM
Please keep this thread on topic and free of any antagonistic comments.

Such posts will be removed and offending parties may be probated.
Need some help? Contact us at support@grindinggear.com

Queen of Padlocks
Thank you so much GGG! Made my day! Now I don't feel as bad about skipping the 5-day race

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info