Beta Wipe Tomorrow. High Lifetime Supporters Added. Faster Beta Timer!

"
DnAngel wrote:

You forgot about the stash tabs. I would say even more: PoE is pay to play. You have access to part of the game for free, but you have to get tabs at a certain point unless you want waste most of your time changing between characters and accounts. If you don't mind wasting your time, it's at least PTW, as you clearly have an advantage if you invest money into the game.

Let's sort one thing out. Buying stash tabs and paying to win (or play) are two different things. Stash tab bundle is 150 points (not discounted), so it costs about 15$. You get six tabs for it, and that makes 10 tabs in total, right? It's not hugh hefner, but it allows comfortable playing. You CAN play without buying anything, and experience is the same even though you won't keep anything you like, but you also can actually pay some real cash if you want everything to run nice and smooth, hoard items and currency. Yes, it gives you an advantage if you pay (and this game isn't really player to player competition, so that advantage is kinda overhyped), but you don't need to pay systematically to not worry about stash space. Hell, let's say you pay 30$ for 12 non-discounted tabs - that's a cost of a non-free game, right? It's not that much, considering you play Path of Exile SERIOUSLY (:P). And, if you really can't afford paying 30$ for a game, you got to really think about your life, stop playing and get a job. Everyone's discussing that stash pay to win thing like you got to pay GGG milions of dollars weekly to actually compete with other players - for real, please stop it.
Thanks guys :) i shall use my access wisely!
TY GGG!!

Will start running tonight :D.
The force is strong in the power of the thorns!
Supporters pls. How about us peasants? :(
"
612 wrote:
"
DnAngel wrote:

You forgot about the stash tabs. I would say even more: PoE is pay to play. You have access to part of the game for free, but you have to get tabs at a certain point unless you want waste most of your time changing between characters and accounts. If you don't mind wasting your time, it's at least PTW, as you clearly have an advantage if you invest money into the game.

Let's sort one thing out. Buying stash tabs and paying to win (or play) are two different things. Stash tab bundle is 150 points (not discounted), so it costs about 15$. You get six tabs for it, and that makes 10 tabs in total, right? It's not hugh hefner, but it allows comfortable playing. You CAN play without buying anything, and experience is the same even though you won't keep anything you like, but you also can actually pay some real cash if you want everything to run nice and smooth, hoard items and currency. Yes, it gives you an advantage if you pay (and this game isn't really player to player competition, so that advantage is kinda overhyped), but you don't need to pay systematically to not worry about stash space. Hell, let's say you pay 30$ for 12 non-discounted tabs - that's a cost of a non-free game, right? It's not that much, considering you play Path of Exile SERIOUSLY (:P). And, if you really can't afford paying 30$ for a game, you got to really think about your life, stop playing and get a job. Everyone's discussing that stash pay to win thing like you got to pay GGG milions of dollars weekly to actually compete with other players - for real, please stop it.

What he said. Or to be more succinct, stop your whining.
"
612 wrote:

My point is: if you don't spend any money, you'll end up hitting an invisible wall and won't be able to progress in the game, or you can progress but are at a huge disadvantage against other players.

GGG advertises PoE as being a truly Free to play game, which actually isn't the case. It doesn't matter if it costs a lot or not, but you HAVE to pay to keep playing smoothly.

Most people don't understand how FTP (not P2W) games work. They don't require you to pay anything, because if you play you are already providing content for the game and making it more enjoyable for people that can throw hundreds of dollars at it. Basically you provide content and someone else will pay for you, in case you can't/don't want to pay for the game yourself.

I would prefer PoE to be a truly FTP game, I think it would bring more people to the game and generate more profit in the end.

"
Tindraa wrote:

Who's whining? Thanks for wasting your words without saying anything useful...
I believe a truly FTP model is the best for both players and companies. If you disagree with me, go ahead and present your arguments :D
http://slysherz.blogspot.com
Last edited by DnAngel on Apr 28, 2015, 8:38:58 AM
"
Tindraa wrote:
"
612 wrote:
"
DnAngel wrote:

Seconded. Stash tabs? Pay2win? Really!? Will the stupidity ever end? Holy mother of lol.
"
DnAngel wrote:
"
612 wrote:

My point is: if you don't spend any money, you'll end up hitting an invisible wall and won't be able to progress in the game, or you can progress but are at a huge disadvantage against other players.

GGG advertises PoE as being a truly Free to play game, which actually isn't the case. It doesn't matter if it costs a lot or not, but you HAVE to pay to keep playing smoothly.

Most people don't understand how FTP (not P2W) games work. They don't require you to pay anything, because if you play you are already providing content for the game and making it more enjoyable for people that can throw hundreds of dollars at it. Basically you provide content and someone else will pay for you, in case you can't/don't want to pay for the game yourself.

I would prefer PoE to be a truly FTP game, I think it would bring more people to the game and generate more profit in the end.

"
Tindraa wrote:

Who's whining? Thanks for wasting your words without saying anything useful...
I believe a truly FTP model is the best for both players and companies. If you disagree with me, go ahead and present your arguments :D

You can just make additional characters if you need free space, = problem solved, free to play.
wiping all your lucky guys progress

heheheh i dont why but im happy

Spoiler
fuck u
"
Jennfire wrote:
"
Got my invite via the email on the poe site. Now to figure out how to get it to work through steam. Thanks alot.

Good work ggg

Chris explains here how to do through Steam: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1248621

Or use this one: http://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/33d7gn/how_to_prepare_and_play_steam_poe_awakening_beta/

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info