MonstaCookie's LLD feedback (Xpost from Beta forums)

!!!DISCLAIMER!!!
I'm basing this feedback on information that I've gathered myself by playing the beta as well as datamined info so some of what's posted below could be inaccurate.

I'll start with the full list of gems that have had their level requirement changed and thus affect the balance of LLD.

Gems that have been ADDED to the LLD pool
Spoiler
Added Skill gems
Spoiler

- Ball lightning
- Arctic Breath
- Determination
- Grace
- Haste
- Discipline
- Purity of elements
- Devouring totem
- Flame totem

Added Support gems
Spoiler

- Melee physical damage
- Physical Projectile attack damage
- Increased critical strikes
- Faster attacks
- Faster casting
- Increased burning damage
- Knockback
- Concentrated effect
- Ranged attack totem
- Spell totem
- Remote mine

NEW gems
Spoiler

- Vigilant strike
- Bloodlust

Gems that have been REMOVED from the LLD pool
Spoiler

- Faster projectiles
- Slower projectiles
- Pierce
- Increased duration
- Less duration
- Fire penetration
- Cold penetration
- Lightning penetration
- Chance to ignite
- Blood magic
- Fork
- Generosity
- Elemental proliferation
- Curse on hit
- Cast when stunned
- Multistrike

Other changes that affect LLD
Spoiler

- Cyclone has had it's mana cost halved (24 to 12)
- Iron will no longer reduces cast speed
- Iron grip no longer reduces attack speed (not confirmed)
- Shield charge now deals 50% of base damage but gets a higher "more damage" modifier when charging at max distance
- Anger now adds fire damage to spells as well as attacks
- Wrath now also increases lightning damage of spells
- Heralds now reserve 30% mana in stead of 25%

LLD balance on the live servers is in a pretty good spot right now. Some of these gem modifications might change that, let's take a look at a couple interesting ones.

1. The removal of fire/cold/lightning penetration.
I think this is one of the biggest changes for LLD in beta at the moment. Unless base damage values for spells are significantly raised or the pvp formula for elemental dmg is adjusted I think this will be too big of a nerf for casters.

2. The addition of melee phys dmg, phys projectile attack dmg, faster attacks and faster casting.
I like this alot, especially with the removal of multistrike for melee. However, casters get the short end of the stick (again). Melee and bow users can both benefit from 2 support gems while casters can only take advantage of 1.

3. Increased burning damage, concentrated effect and increased critical strikes
These could help out casters a bit, although I doubt it will make up for the loss of penetration gems. I love the addition of these though, could have a huge impact on build diversity.

4. Curse on hit
I have no problem with forcing people to self cast curses, but removing the curse on hit gem would basicly just increase the gap between rich and poor even more. Either remove corrupted curse on hit gloves or make this gem available for LLD yet again.

5. Remote mine
I am very scared of this one, but I haven't been able to test it yet so we'll have to see how this turns out.

6. Increased and less duration
Not sure why these had to be 28+, will make skills like lightning warp even more useless.

7. Blood magic
Not a big fan of removing this gem from LLD. We should get to choose wether we spend mana or life imo.

These are my thoughts on LLD balance in beta for now, will update later!
I am surprised they removed blood magic, especially since people say that elreon jewellery can be expensive, and if you wan't a good one you'll have to pay a lot. Why was this change made, what was is that made this gem broken? Now you're forced to pay exalts upon exalts to have some decent elreon jewelery, which brings the cost even higher for LLD.

I'd like to know why that gem was removed for LLD, and how they're going to justify this with elreon jewellery(Since trust me, for melee it will be needed unless you wan't to hit blindly)
It's hard to remember what you have forgotten
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Why are police looking for missing people? None of them were missing last time I saw them
I saw faster casting gem and got excited for a second that casters might stay relevant but the change in the next section totally destroys casters which is really disappointing.

-pen gems
-Cast when stunned

These were the backbone of any casters in LLD and need to be compensated in some ways. Considering how dominant stun effect is in LLD, removal of the counter, cws, causes an immense issue for casters and essentially rules out most of caster Templars or forces them to be stuck with with a trash unique amulet for ever.

Imo, a good meta is when everything has its counter even the counter mechanics should have theirs. Counters gives people room to come up with complicated solutions to certain overpowered skills.

We asked for a balance to stun mechanic and in return a cool way to counter it, is removed along all interesting combinations with it.

Concentrated effect though, will be the saving grace for AOE skills.

Losing multistrike isn't the biggest deal in terms of damage output but you lose that sweet auto targeting feature that makes single target melee attacks a lot more convenient to play against builds that kite.

I like the new support gem bloodlust a lot. Not anymore!

Obviously winners are puncture traps/archers, cyclone and phys dagger builds.

Thanks Monstacookie for posting these information here, I was looking for someone to confirm these new changes.
Last edited by Mephisto_n on Apr 27, 2015, 3:42:41 PM
Why is puncture buffed? Multipule of it's it's supports got removed(you gain FA...) and no direct buffs and loss of cws and ice shot lost cold pen.

If you're saying casters are worse so bows may be better sure. But nothing was buffed. (when you have 3 archetypes and 1 gets nerfed the other 2 do get better.)

Melees are swimming in new additions.
Last edited by Lordsidro on Apr 27, 2015, 3:18:01 PM
"
Lordsidro wrote:
Why is puncture buffed? Multipule of it's it's supports got removed(you gain FA...) and no direct buffs and loss of cws and ice shot lost cold pen.

If you're saying casters are worse so bows may be better sure. But nothing was buffed. (when you have 3 archetypes and 1 gets nerfed the other 2 do get better.)

You can use physical projectile damage now with puncture traps. You might lose 10% additive modifier due to faster projectile but gain a 1.3 more, multiplicative modifier from PPAD gem.
And bloodlust+PPAD on tornado shot/ice shot/etc multiplies your damage against punctured enemies by 1.639 .
Last edited by Mephisto_n on Apr 27, 2015, 3:40:16 PM
"
mephisto_n wrote:
"
Lordsidro wrote:

You can use physical projectile damage now with puncture traps. You might lose 10% additive modifier due to faster projectile but gain a 1.3 more, multiplicative modifier from PPAD gem.
And bloodlust+PPAD on tornado shot/ice shot/etc multiplies your damage against punctured enemies by 1.639 .

Bloodlust is a MELEE support. but sure.
Really ? that's quite sad.

I thought the point of adding that gem is to encourage people to use a combination of skills and use combos instead of holding right click.
Last edited by Mephisto_n on Apr 27, 2015, 3:34:40 PM
I dont think talking about it really matters at this point they'll rebalance everything with release.
"
Lordsidro wrote:

Could still be really cool with mirror arrow clones equiped with a bleed bow on swap. Then again I don't know if I would even have place for more amazing support gems on ma cyclone! :D
"
Monstacookie wrote:
"
Lordsidro wrote:

Could still be really cool with mirror arrow clones equiped with a bleed bow on swap. Then again I don't know if I would even have place for more amazing support gems on ma cyclone! :D

Like what other support gem? Added fire only gives 7% more damage, bloodlust 40%+ more.

Or maybe you are talking about conc effect.

Last edited by Mephisto_n on Apr 27, 2015, 9:01:41 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info