Expansion Release Character Wipe or Not?

When the expansion is released will there be a character wipe of the current CB characters?

Or will they be able to keep awesome unique jewels and lucky high end item finds during the CB?

Also how much advantage is the current Closed beta players actually going to get before the release?

Will there be a open beta before the release so people can catch up with all the stuff that people have learned in CB?

Would be weird to only do a closed beta without a Open beta. I'm abit worried, there's not alot of information on the matter.

Would be nice to know, just curious. Would like to get some official information from the developers regarding this... Sorry if the answer is out there already btw..

Peace
Last edited by prilletime on Apr 23, 2015, 2:37:49 PM
OFC
Yep they wipe character.

Only advantage is that they can play the new act, but balance issues arnt final so they cant really theoriecraft, and anyway PoE is not that progression game, so who cares
Last edited by Keks22 on Apr 23, 2015, 2:29:41 PM
"
prilletime wrote:
When the expansion is released will there be a character wipe of the current CB characters?

CB characters will get wiped. Chris has also said that there will be constant wipes throughout testing, not just one at the end.
Alright thanks good to know :)
Last edited by prilletime on Apr 23, 2015, 2:30:36 PM
There is no way in hell closed beta testers will keep anything from the closed beta, at best they'll get the character transfered over and reset to level 1 with nothing.

Going to be fun watching some of those in beta crying that all their loot got deleted...because there will be some that think it's carried over.
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
They going to wipe it several times. I think Chris wrote it like this somewhere..
Welcome to the greatest of arenas, Duelist. God is watching you.

That's really great news guys. Still worries me that I can't find anything "official" anyone got a source on the info?
"
prilletime wrote:
That's really great news guys. Still worries me that I can't find anything "official" anyone got a source on the info?
You didn't look very hard, did you? http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1244645
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
Agree.. Still some of my other questions still remains unanswered without a clue...

Like will it be an open beta for people to catch up and experience the expansion before release to catch up on the advantage current Closed Beta users is getting?

There's no way i'm gonna race hundreds of alpha / whatever users that got CB access without knowing that I can catch up with them... That ruins the fun.. Simple as that......

Will there be a open beta before the release? Or are the developers in denial of releasing this information? It's ok to be professional once in a while atleast I guess...

If the the game jumps from Closed beta to Release I'll seriously have to start wondering what IQ the developers / Chris and his crew actually have...

No info on that matter for sure and thats what we get when a bunch of amateurs make the game along with streamers / high end supporters that is able to make crap unique items just because they donated a high sum of $$$$.

Kinda hilarious if you ask me... The lack of information overall, the festival off users not being pleased on how GGG is behaving... Amateurs...
Last edited by prilletime on Apr 23, 2015, 6:04:27 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info