The Awakening Item Page and Top-Tier Supporter Beta Access

"
monkuar wrote:

Nope. It's the fact that he let supporters into the beta that donated over a certain threshold. That was inappropriate and by the purest form literally P2W. Especially since the new leagues and the ladder that goes with it will be competitive. Obviously CB players will have an advantage. It's not fair and it's disrespectful to us loyal players who have been here far longer than most supporters but just havn't donated over $1,000...

I'm so sorry for not being able to donate that much, I really am. I wish I could, I really do.

Others may have addressed this since it's a few pages back by now, but I have to say something here. Ability to pay doesn't mean anything specific, but time invested doesn't either when you haven't invested any directly into the thing you're bloody well trying to argue about.

You may have been here for a couple of months of the end of the closed beta, which means you were here about 2 and a half months more than me. I get that you don't have the spare scratch to support the game financially. Not everyone does. Those of us that do, pay so that everyone gets a better game.

My point is, though, that with your account that has existed since December 2012, you have earned zero lifetime season points and zero challenges. You don't race. EVER. Exactly what competitive purity are you trying to defend here like you are its patron saint? You don't even play competitively!

This is 50 ludicrous pages of hypocrisy where you have just been blind to any and all logical thought that lies in any direction except utter agreement with your own point of view. I can only hope you are able to be more open minded about other topics in your daily life and that you don't hold on to that type of rage that seems to be getting infused into each post as the night goes further along. It isn't healthy.
Last edited by Llwellyn on Apr 23, 2015, 10:23:02 PM
beta keys for next supporter tier :P
Coming into this late, but how in high heaven does allowing Supporters into the beta make this Pay-to-Win? All beta characters will be wiped when the full release hits, so why is everyone crying? Also, it's not like beta players have access to any secret information. If you want to learn about the beta, but don't have a key, the information is all over the streams and all over this forum. I don't necessarily agree with giving Supporters who donate over a certain amount of money beta keys, but that doesn't mean this is Pay-to-Win. Stop. The. Crying.
"
PfeifDiesel wrote:
Coming into this late, but how in high heaven does allowing Supporters into the beta make this Pay-to-Win? All beta characters will be wiped when the full release hits, so why is everyone crying? Also, it's not like beta players have access to any secret information. If you want to learn about the beta, but don't have a key, the information is all over the streams and all over this forum. I don't necessarily agree with giving Supporters who donate over a certain amount of money beta keys, but that doesn't mean this is Pay-to-Win. Stop. The. Crying.

QQ
-Official Forum Dweller-
-I started the hoho movement-
-Exploit Early - Exploit Often-
-Moderators are absurd and OP-
The kind of "equal chances" to get beta access are none existant anymore was bad before but with the last gimmick supported over x amount gets beta leaves bad taste in my mouth.
Its bad that money deciding now who gets into beta.Shame on you GGG.As a relatively new player to the POE thats a tendency i wouldnt like to see if you call this game F2P.

Why me buying certain supporter packs or donating x amount of money should/would ever decide if and when im able to TEST free content.Im trully dissapointed in your decisions GGG.
I'm going into standard while I wait. Bed soon. :)
"
DalaiLama wrote:

Player 2 is prohibited from watching streamers or reading the forum?

As I said before and I"LL SAY IT AGAIN.

Downloading the game, playing it using your own fingers, hotkeys, brain is TOTALLY different than watching some nut-ball streamer playing it. For any game for that matter, not just POE. Totally different.
"Good thing they nerfed the carto, it wasn't fun to find one in every map." - Haborym
Last edited by monkuar on Apr 23, 2015, 10:50:22 PM
"
PfeifDiesel wrote:

Your argument holds no merit.

Looking up information about the game on wiki's and googling is cool, but, it's totally different than actually playing the game itself and fighting bosses. Not only that, but circumnavigating through the new dungeons / finding your way around the new town, learning/strategizing around the bosses / monsters Artificial Intelligence, etc. Stuff like that is NOT available by just googling information. You need to play the game to experience it. That's my point.

"Good thing they nerfed the carto, it wasn't fun to find one in every map." - Haborym
Last edited by monkuar on Apr 23, 2015, 11:10:57 PM
"
monkuar wrote:
"
DalaiLama wrote:

Downloading the game, playing it using your own fingers, hotkeys, brain is TOTALLY different than watching some nut-ball streamer playing it. For any game for that matter, not just POE. Totally different.

Just facedesked at this.. Yes but the beast isn't in the beta and wont be afaik. You will be on your "leveling playing field" as you so desire. Daresso and Kaom seem like pretty simple fights. Are you REALLY complaining that people get more practice on these than you will because of your lack of access?

You understand that GGG have clearly stated that these WILL change so while the core mechanics of the fight might not change (giving you every chance to study said mechanics on reddit/the forum/youtube/twitch) other things will.

Like they say daresso promises to catch up on the killing suggesting GGG are doing a lot of balancing on boss fights for your characters better or worse. When the beast awakens everyone will have the same information made available to them and there will be no safer place than the belly of the beast.
Make Things For Smile!
"
monkuar wrote:
"
DalaiLama wrote:

Why do you keep repeating half of the statement, even screaming part of it in caps like you didn't already cover it twenty times, but ignore the entire other half every time it is mentioned or resort to ad hominem?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info