poe needs to promote the use of more skills

"
FaustVIII wrote:
"
Speedjunkie wrote:
imo, the use of more skills with ONE char is all up to the players.

e.g. #1: my bow-shadow uses
[...]
- puncture with chance to flee for rare´s and bosses
[...]

"
http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Chance_to_Flee:
Magic monsters have a 50% chance to avoid fleeing for any reason, and rare monsters are immune to this gem's effects.

might switch that out then.

thx for that hint. however: i am quite sure, that it works on rare monsters too. will check that asap.
The removal of mechanics that increase your damage and coverage at the same time (shotgunning, prolif) and the weakening of CwDT are already steps in this direction.

"
i used to use in my SWT

-5L SWT
-3 auras
-lighting warp
-cwdt
-curses + portal
-vaal gems

i didnt have any spare gem-slot for more skills

... you're arguing that after admitting you were running Portal?

I think in OP's world, more 1-link skills (like your curses) would be better. So replacing portal seems like a no-brainer.
Last edited by codetaku on Apr 23, 2015, 11:06:05 AM
As much as I agree that it'd be cool to have more skill usage diversity (not including auras and trigger gems)...
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
This is weakness of gem system because you get more powerful more u link and spam to same skill. VS other games whos spam compliments each other.

I was fond of D3 spamming like 5-6 skills with WW barb and CM wiz but this game can be like that a bit.

pots are a big spammable here.

Builds like tri elemental trapper do major spam

Then there are the buffs like Immortal call (manual) and curses.

It will never be like other games because of the gem system though.

Cant have everything.

... pretty much this.
GGG can always add additional gear (pants?).

Also, I already use lots of shit: Reave, Vaal Reave, Vulnerability/Enfeeble, Whirling Blades, Decoy Totem, Viper Strike, Self Cast Enduring Cry...
Add a Forsaken Masters questline
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2297942
Last edited by NeroNoah on Apr 24, 2015, 12:25:40 AM
A lot of builds use most skill slots AND they change some gems or shortcuts during combat.If anything, we need more skill shortcuts.
2.0.0 is hopefully addressing the usage of multiple skills in the same build.
I won't spoil how, just look elsewhere.
Another quality ZAP! post.
I think the skill link system is fundamentally flawed.

Whatever the game tries to change(vaal gems) it will always suffer the problems of low number of active skills, because of the inhernet mechanic of skillgems.

Also most skills are designed around being spammed. No nukes with low cooldowns.

In my opinion PoE is too far away from ever promoting more active skills, mainly because of the link system.

If PoE ever wants to have a balanced active skill rotation playstyle, it will have to remove the skill links from the items and put them into something else.
Maybe somethink that every player can have 4x 6L (without items) by default and earning them is a long and slow progress.

But thoughts like this are probably too much mindblow for this community...
As long as Skilllinks are tied to and limited by items, the spam of only 1-2 skills will always be mandatory. Vaal gems will not change this.

Creating skills by linking support gems is a good idea, but it would also be a good idea to question the (unnessessary) limitations the link system on items brings.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info