Beta: Unique Jewel Count

"
Dan_GGG wrote:

Turns out there's a lot of design space to explore with jewels.

True, true. I'm looking forward to seeing how will you top the mini-headhunter one. ;)

In all seriousness, jewels are an amazing addition to the game.
"
Dan_GGG wrote:
"
Loreweaver wrote:
Interesting. The compilation thread lists 26 discovered unique jewels, more than the 20 mentioned by the devs. Unless I misunderstood the announcements?

Back when the press tour started 20 was the correct number.

Turns out there's a lot of design space to explore with jewels.

Hey Dan, keep em coming. I won't be angry if there are a 100 or more jewels to find.

"
Some of these new unique jewels just seem terrible for every build at all times. Like, sure, they're in "maybe I wouldn't hate this as a highway node" range, like a +10 stat node, but at the same time "you call that a notable? HA HA HA HA HA."

I'm especially looking at Atziri's Reign. That is the most worthless piece of shit jewel ever, and if it isn't buffed to ridiculousness, no one sane will literally ever use it.

are you serious? That's one of hte most powerful items I've ever seen, especially if you can stack a bunch of them together!
Last edited by BearCares on Apr 22, 2015, 11:36:37 PM
there should be 45+ or more jewels. check here: http://cb.poedb.tw/us/unique.php?c=theawakening
don't forget they might add a lot in beta to test and then remove ones based on feedback
"
Some of these new unique jewels just seem terrible for every build at all times.

Some new information came up in the Ziggy Q&A linked on the announcement page. Apparently 1) vaaling jewels can turn them into certain unique jewels, and 2) about half of those are bad on purpose. I suspect that vaalable uniques won't drop normally.
[img]http://image.prntscr.com/image/2e57fcaba2ea48cc9832fecc55c6d0d6.png[/img]
Last edited by Commoble on Apr 27, 2015, 2:31:21 AM
"
BearCares wrote:

"

I'm especially looking at Atziri's Reign. That is the most worthless piece of shit jewel ever, and if it isn't buffed to ridiculousness, no one sane will literally ever use it.

are you serious? That's one of hte most powerful items I've ever seen, especially if you can stack a bunch of them together!

It's as disputable as using v. skills in general. I would say, it's quite nice, but for sure not breath holder.
Anticipation slowly dissipates...
vaal molten shell build is incoming
"
Some of these new unique jewels just seem terrible for every build at all times. Like, sure, they're in "maybe I wouldn't hate this as a highway node" range, like a +10 stat node, but at the same time "you call that a notable? HA HA HA HA HA."

Vaal haste? Vaal Grace? Vaal Summon Skellis?

Just 3 Vaal Skills that benefit a lot from this jewel.

I'm thinking of a 20+ second long lasting Vaal Haste and/or Vaal Grace. This is ridiculous strong.

█▀▀▌ █▌█▀▀▀ █▀▀▌█▄░▌
█▀▀█ █▌▀▀▀█ █░░▌█▀▌▌
█▄▄▌ █▌█▄▄█ █▄▄▌█░█▌
Interesting.

I'd LOVE if there was a Jewel giving projectile speed, a modifier that is in very short supply for any magic projectile user. (Passive tree in assassin/ranger/duelist areas, Karui Ward Amulet, and random wand; One would have expected at least one wand/scepter/staff unique increasing projectile speed, but none exist.)
Scionic Flametank 3.2: The classic ES-CI-ZO-GR regeneration tank is back in business, stronger than ever before with 50-60% ES/s recovery during most fights due to creative use of regeneration, leech, and recovery mechanics
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1271604

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info