Kripparian is kind of rude to Chris Wilson

oh look a unique i haven't seen before oh its a shield that my build wont use and it doesn't look that useful anyway... vendor trash

I think he was just torn between the objective conclusions while testing, and the good manners he's supposed to follow, speaking to his current employer.
This is a buff © 2016

The Experts ™ 2017
Last edited by torturo on Apr 21, 2015, 9:08:31 AM
"
torturo wrote:
I think he was just torn between the objective conclusions while testing, and the good manners he's supposed to follow, speaking to his current employer.

now why we bringing up blizzard in here?
It has nothing to do with being burnt out on the genera or anything like that. Kripp has said multiple times that he streams and casts hearthstone because he makes more money doing so.

Its quite obvious that PoE has changed leaps and bounds since kripp stopped playing back before Forsaken masters was released, him denying those changes is just his douche bag persona at work.
I think he has been known as who makes straight forward opinions on games without regards to whether he is paid for or not from companies, but currently this is not correct at all. Considering his age and talents, he is doing his job right. He was a famous gamer before, but now he is a pro gamer, a business man.

In the card game he plays, or the HS, he has tons of in game points to get new cards without spending real money at all, which does not harm his wealth in the game since he can earn these points infinitely from his skillful game play, however, he rather has been choosing to spend a large sum of real money to get a tons of new cards for each expansion. The amount of money he spends is beyond any explanation if he were not paid for to show followers how it is "cool" to put a lot of real money into the game.

I guess his remarks about the new expansion of POE were of his frank opinion, but I think it wasn't fair to PoE, since he knew POE was expanded based on the original system, and so, the core of the game play would not change drastically to the extent he would feel absolute freshness that could only be provided by new games, and this must be true for those new expansions to HS too, for which he makes his opinions very differently. So he knowing has been burned out of playing PoE and still publics his views like that way was not fair to my taste, considering what GGG has achieved so far on PoE and those associated efforts, but he would say he was just making his frank opinion because he was asked to provide it, and for him it was totally consistent with his trademark of "frankness", even though in fact, it is not. But knowing he has been burned out much of PoE, asking fairness to his professional business service without paying sufficiently seems a bit caress, don't you?

(Sorry to my English.)
Last edited by Oiranoiccid on Apr 21, 2015, 10:06:26 AM
Wait... Is this for real? Or it is just fanta-sea?

Did Krip really said that? Jeez... He deserves all the hate he gets then.
"
S3ph1r0th wrote:

But, like in all of your normal, daily activities people can call you out for what you are... You just dont get to baptize it with a cool-sounding term to mask what that is: an asshole.

TL;DR If you get it, you get it.

I wasn't baptize Kripp, I personally don't like him much and never watch him. I just stated facts. What he does now, is a business, and he doesn't need to be nice for Chris, because he don't need to play PoE but Chris needs to be nice to Kripp, because he needs publicity.

Of course Kripp could be nice to Chris, and it would be nice of him, but it's different story and demanding it from him is rather futile.

Anyway, reason why I don't like Kripp so much is, that as I noticed, he treats like this almost anybody ;)
Anticipation slowly dissipates...
I think we can all agree that it wasn't good publicity after all, but I don't think ripp was "rude". He just wasn't excited at all by the new content. Sometimes during his stream I felt like he was embarassed because he had that privilege to play the beta and speaking to Chris but wasn't enjoying it, so he just said things like "it's pretty cool, i like it" that sort of things.
But in the end, if he just wasn't excited, that would be hypocritical of him to just yel "IT'S SO COOL" every new zone or gem. Imo, he should just have turned down the proposition of Chris to speak with him while he was discovering the beta.
Kripp was cool a few years ago when he was hardcore and all, and is pretty fun to watch when he's passionate about what he plays. Wasn't the case today, though, ending in a bad and embarassing stream session.
Kripp was never a pleasant human-being. If you see him in the street, tell him what you think about it. Regardless, he plays RPG games quite well. So what's the surprise?
My grandmother used to say: "It's better to be rude and honest than polite and fake"

She was a wise woman..
Anybody can become angry - that is easy, but to be angry with the right person and to the right degree and at the right time and for the right purpose, and in the right way - that is not within everybody's power and is not easy.

Aristotle

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info