The Closed Beta of The Awakening is live!

How will I know that I have been enabled for the CBT? It has no update as soon as your account is enabled?
My eyes are actually stuck to the beta timer screen.
Bored!
Bad timing, there's really nothing but disappointment for those of us who don't want to watch other people spoil the content for us.

I really love poe to death and I'm pretty butthurt about this, just seems so lame, it'd be better if someone would step up and say the process could have been handled better...but instead it's just more spam about the game being spoiled by streamers.

I like ggg and I love poe not gonna quit or even play other games, but I am so dismayed there's no temp league or anything distracting to do while this is going on. I feel like ignoring all the streams and spoilers trying to hold out so I can get my turn to experience it unspoiled is probably the most miserable I've felt over a video game before.

It's easy to dismiss this as just negativity but it's not just that, it's wanting to be a part of everything related to poe. If I had known before kripp showed me about poe I would have joined earlier. All I was doing before that was playing diablo 2 hcl over and over waiting for new resets. I showed up sometime in the first closed beta and played ever since then in most of my free time. I want to be a part of everything, even went to a player meet up and got to meet Chris and a few others a couple years ago. Realizing then that all the other nerds there wanted to gain alpha testing access just as much as me, I just kept my mouth shut.

But that's how it feels, you've got your favorite thing that you've supported for years in any way you can and all you can do is kick yourself wishing you heard of it sooner or that you could have contributed in a way that got you alpha access.

For anyone who feels like me, this isn't about being upset with ggg, but just dealing with the disappointment of being excluded from one of the few things I still feel comfortable admitting...as a fully grown adult that I am a completely immature geek about.

Even playing my characters in hardcore feels disappointing atm because I know tree changes may be invalidating them soon. So already being 8/8 there is nothing to do but try to cope.
Last edited by starklife on Apr 20, 2015, 9:24:44 PM
"
Awsomesawce wrote:
Can we see the skill tree pretty please pretty pleaseeee!?!?

This.
I'd very much appreciate a bone to gnaw during the Beta, and a new passive tree usually makes for quite a few hours of theorycrafting.
Does this buy me a Closed beta invite, NO?! why not krillson, WHY?!
At least people who only made a poe account less than a week ago for this beta are getting in
When your name gets chosen you automatically get an email from support@grindinggear.com telling you how to get in and you also get an email from "System" here on the forum welcoming you to the Closed Beta. No need to stare at the 5 min clock, GGG will contact you if your name comes up.
“Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.”
—Leo Buscaglia

Contact support@grindinggear.com to report issues relating to the game or forum. Thanks!

My beloved pets....

Congratulations "Grinding Gear Games" Good job, keep it up
Surprise surprise, didn't get in.
But I'm fine with that. I like playing the game as is and messing around with my endless builds.
So if I get in great, I'll give it my all, but i'm fine if I don't.
I don't see a reason why it couldn't just have been open beta, it almost is, except this way annoys more people.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info