Chris Wilson "The Coves are gone now" 2:0

Even that I like the Coves (among other enclosed non-laggy type places), it is true that most of it it's just a 'waste' of time/space for a veteran player eye. Also, this sector, does not add a critical link between 'crucial' Lore (delightful atmosphere lore) and the overall Wraeclast Lore (the story progress), that's why I believe it was done this way. Im ok with that.

Furthermore, if we take into perspective, that this might also be 'the' technique for development ('way to go') for future Acts, well, I just hope they don't remove part of the delightful Lore places as the Library.

Im ok if they remove:

Act 2 - The Dread Thicket
Act 2 - one of the 'Caverns' level before reaching The Ancient Pyramid.

Act 3 - Catacombs (Little part of the Lore about The Eternal Empire, but can be placed somewhere else).
Act 3 - The Hedge Maze (Garden with the Plum for Fairgraves). The Plum Tree could be placed on The Imperial Gardens (or The Tree in the Imperial Gardens, but the Plum inside the Library in a Glass Vitrine. It is lore wise due the form in which The Eternal Empire understand 'The Fish'- if you know what i mean by this).
Last edited by B34C0N on Apr 22, 2015, 7:33:12 AM
I'd rather they shorten Act 2, but that's more because I hate Act 2 than either of the other 2 Acts. I hate it because monster level progression goes out the window with the multiple paths/choices thing they have going on during that act so character leveling progression slows down.

With 3 Acts per difficulty there were 9 acts in total before you begun Maps. Now there are 4 Acts per difficulty and a total of 12 Acts before you begin Maps. I was thinking perhaps they could remove a difficulty (Bringing it down to 8 Acts before maps) and introduce a few small unique areas as a sort of intermission between Normal and Hard difficulty (Making it a sort of 8.5 to 9 Acts before Maps).

Playing through 12 Acts seems like a ultra long time just to reach maps, unless they remove 1 Act worth of content from each of the 4 Acts, which is a lot of stuff that'd need to be removed (to maintain a similar pace of gameplay progression to v1.3.x). A lot of the removed content will almost definitely be content liked by various people for various reasons, making this content removal/pruning process somewhat unwise and likely universally hated by the community.
Computer specifications:
Windows 10 Pro x64 | AMD Ryzen 5800X3D | ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi) Motherboard | 16GB 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti Gamer | Corsair AX 760watt PSU | Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD & WD Black FZEX HDD
Last edited by Nicholas_Steel on Apr 22, 2015, 9:06:23 AM
i believe that this is supposed to be alleviated in 2.0.
IGN Stuns_McNutshot | Ichimans_McIchimans | Balls_McCritterson
"
I'd rather they shorten Act 2, but that's more because I hate Act 2 than either of the other 2 Acts. I hate it because monster level progression goes out the window with the multiple paths/choices thing they have going on during that act so character leveling progression slows down.

Just finish right side (map wise) first. Then, all left side (map wise) afterwards. Easy peasy.
"
B34C0N wrote:
"

Just finish right side (map wise) first. Then, all left side (map wise) afterwards. Easy peasy.
How you progress isn't the issue, the issue is that most areas feature the same Monster Level as other areas in that Act, so the speed at which you level up is lessened as you level up in Act 2 making it take logner and longer to level up again. Than you reach the end of Act 2 (Vaal Pyramid area) or start Act 3 and BAM, you're rapidly leveling up again.

There's a lull in character progression in Act 2 and that's what annoys me the most about it.
Computer specifications:
Windows 10 Pro x64 | AMD Ryzen 5800X3D | ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi) Motherboard | 16GB 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti Gamer | Corsair AX 760watt PSU | Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD & WD Black FZEX HDD
Last edited by Nicholas_Steel on Apr 22, 2015, 9:05:44 AM
"
Spede_P wrote:
The Climb would be a better candidate for removal than Coves. Climb shares looks and monster selection with Prisoners' Gate, while Coves is unique in these regards.

Hard to get rid of the climb and retain the veracity of the setting: the mud flats are at sea level, the ledge is just a little bit higher, but then the prison is up on a fucking mountaintop, then the Prisoner's Gate is a slow climb back down to sea level again.

Now, I could see combining the ledge and the climb into a single zone: basically cut both the zones in half and stitch them together in the middle.
Rip coves

Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
First Act, best Act. Just saying. How dare you alter something that great...
Path of Hideout-Building! I am a Master Builder!
I have to say that my faith in GGG is pretty high, they just about always get it right. Having said that I have to agree with most all the posts in this thread that the coves is a nice enough place, and there seem like other things that should go first?
Looking for more guild members for races/4 month hc leagues, pm for info
Im actually feeling sad about this zone getting removed. It was one of my favorite zones from Act 1. :(
Last edited by Vaagur on Apr 24, 2015, 10:41:10 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info