What happens when Closed Beta starts tomorrow?

how start beta
Spoiler
"
Peripherally wrote:
"
0FALX0 wrote:
"
Peripherally wrote:

Indeed. I also want to point out: people who are complaining about their pre-existing chars should wake up and smell the roses: the essence of PoE is in the new 3/4-month leagues that occur, NOT in the recycle-bin that is Standard.

There is nothing in the game being designed around Standard, it is the end-result, final destination of everything there ever was in PoE (you might consider it, the Afterlife of Everything). It's where everything goes to die/dwell once its time comes. For people who can only hold on to their aged and expired things, there isn't much newness/inspiration/hope regarding upcoming patches/releases, because those things will always cater to the future and what is *to come*, NOT *what has already passed*.

Look forward, not backwards. Maybe then there is some peace to be found when change needs to be embraced. There is joy to be had in making new things, struggling to find pieces to fit together, like putting together a puzzle before you know what all the big picture looks like. Take time to savor the moment when the tidal wave hits and everything you thought you knew is no more :)

/end_philosophy_lesson

I am looking forward . I see me fighting normal Merveil and other players mapping hard. I have a job and 2 kids so I should be punished for that. Way to preach your standarts on others .
And btw it is healthy to demand new chalenges then cry for GGG to "fix" them? Every league the same shit happens.

It isn't about being punished. It is about going at your own pace. You shouldn't compare the progress you make on a char with people who have more free time to give PoE; that is a flawed comparison and you won't get any satisfaction from it. The only thing that matters in this case is if you are where YOU think you should be, relative to what you know you put into your char (not what someone else put into theirs). As long as you are where you feel you should be, that you put in the effort you needed to get there, everything else is just fluff and distractions. If needed, play with friends who go at your pace so your longer journey doesn't seem so tedious.

"
Darkaleb wrote:

I play on Standard and i know a lot of people that do the same thing cause don't wanna restart from zero. You said PoE is not designed for Standard char, so explain me why the hell Standard exists.
If the final purpose of GGG is killing Standard and force players enjoying it to quit, i think they can say this clearly without all of these heartbreaking "patch notes" and endless nerfs.

Standard exists because GGG doesn't want to punish people who spent a ton of time/effort/currency into building a particular char, they apparently feel that every such char should be able to exist as a sort of "trophy" or "legacy" (not like item) that serves as reminder to a player of that effort.

The essence of this game is to 'keep rerolling' and try new things. People must be quick to adapt or they will feel left out of the loop (this happens all the time IRL and shit, gotta deal with it there too). Don't take it personally but take it like the challenge it's intended to be, GGG doesn't want their players to sit on a single char forever doodling away at being overpowered, they want their players to try new builds on new patches, to be constantly trying to overcome their (hopefully-)difficult game. I think maybe we as players get too attached to the success and fondness we have for a particular char and it deludes us into forgetting that's not what PoE is about, (ie not about finding something we like and settling on it), but rather to move on after we are satisfied with one thing so we can find and uncover the next innovation to push us forward. GGG isn't forcing anyone to quit, they are forcing everyone to change. Maybe not all like this?

"
robmafia wrote:

so i can look forward to playing something else if new (equipment) tiers are added, and wrecking this game via both power creep AND carrot-on-a-sticking us?

I feel your pain. But there are not many options open here. Either one quits and leaves PoE or one tries the new beta/expansion and sees where it takes him. For me I know what I want out of PoE, that is challenge of staying alive and finding interesting ways to combine skills and solid gameplay so I can progress. I don't really care if an 'older' char of mine loses its strength, it's not as if I'd spend time re-hashing the past on it anyways. To me its the new leagues that always offer the freshest approach, the best economy. Appreciate the new, instead of holding onto the old.

+1 Well said
"
Keiler wrote:
how start beta

bribe rng
Very boring, I was waiting the countdown to play but I have to wait more -_-
Any news on when/if they´ll be posting the new Passive skill tree ? even if it´s just a "temporary" one.
sad sign up no sense
ok playing d3 now then
Everytime that timer resets, i`ll shed a tear :(
Wewt! Gonna be epic fo' realz!
GLHF people !

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info