[Theory Craft] New Unique - Sire of Shards Serpentine Staff

By fires projectiles in a nova, does it mean it fires it 360 degrees? So, trying to shotgun is really tough to do?
If that is so, then, it shouldn't be overpowered, since it is only overpowered if you can shotgun it.

That said, if used with Vaal Spark or Vaal Fireball, that would be pretty wicked.
Ball lightning.

especially if using it via trap support fires the 'nova' from the trap location and not the player
That applies to all projectiles, not only spells? Then I want to see it on CoC. Probably not the best thing ever but could be fun.
Should be interesting alternatives to Lightning Warp Ice Nova.
Probably EK.
Last edited by RootCookie on Apr 18, 2015, 6:59:47 AM
lightning strike/spectral throw/molten strike coc ...

with Freezing pulse/icespear/artic breath or spark,fireball, ball lightning work too

Even the combo ice spear 3D pyre ring & chain/fork would work with a 0% quality lightning strike

Freezing pulse may look like a good choice because of the overlapped aoe shotgun mechanic but the nova shapped donut will reduce the damage in front of your char and not allow the shotgun.

In the end, pierce fireball/artic breath stays the best.

Maybe etheral knife with chain or fork... but i doubt it

LMP/GMP have never been good with ball lightning, not helpfull at all.

Otherwise, this staff is usable with incinerate too, etheral knife gets a huge bonus especially with fork or chain.

Lightning ball gets nothing in the end, it cant shotgun
But with slower projectile and the new gloves which revert the knockback effect, it will be awesome ! The capacity to attracks the monsters in yours spells to point blank shotgun with fireball or artic breath! And lightning ball can chain, ice spear too, lightning strike too, potential here.

Now that i think about it, a way to use this staff is to flicker strike in a pack of monster then spam the spell, but it's very similar to the old lightning warp + ice nova build, with less mobility and ability to spread piercing projectiles at long distance... Thoo increased aoe with ice nova already cleans the whole screen.

In the end, this staff transforms the user into a porcupine.

also, 7% resistance seems weak, 15% is the very good, 10% is enough for a weapon an unique weapon
I will never be good but always I try to improve.
Last edited by Geisalt on Apr 18, 2015, 7:57:49 AM
how tittiesbitches shot his fire-milk when shocketed in this staff lol?
Delete on death.
IF ["Projectile" AND (NOT "Shotgun")] THEN "Success"

Ball Lightning for sure, maybe EK, maybe elemental ST. Maybe Spark.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Apr 18, 2015, 10:05:42 AM
I don't see the staff becoming too strong for most projectile builds..

"That which was broken may yet break again"

Probably talking about spark there. . . or totems in general who knows.

Spark and Flame Totem, possibly arctic breath traps but doubtfully meta will see the biggest buffs for this, however it's gonna be fun to try it out on everything. Even spectral throw.

Spark is THE best spell for this, since it can, and will, Shotgun. Vaal Glacial Hammer FTW :D
[3.22] 💀The Grim Reaper💀 - Hexblast Poison Mines Assassin
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3347191

[3.22] ❄️⚡CantripN's Hadoken! - Lightning Conduit / Crackling Lance / Arc Permafreeze⚡❄️
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3229590
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
IF ["Projectile" AND (NOT "Shotgun")] THEN "Success"

Ball Lightning for sure, maybe EK, maybe elemental ST. Maybe Spark.

Good luck doing Elemental ST wielding this staff.
Would be kinda cool to see ST 'in a nova' though.
Why am I wearing a heavy belt if I haven't got any pants?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info