1MHC Level 99 Glacial Cascade Dual Dagger

Very cheap build that can be played with self found gear. I used a rare 4 link chest and wand + shield up to level 80-85.

Herald of Thunder - Curse on Hit - Assassins Mark
Glacial Cascade - Life Leech - Added Chaos Damage - Faster Casting - Spell Echo - Increased Critical Damage

or

Herald of Thunder - Curse on Hit - Temporal Chains
Glacial Cascade - Life Leech - Added Chaos Damage - Faster Casting - Spell Echo - Power Charge On Critical

I prefer this because more damage is not needed. In a 5 link i would remove Power Charge On Critical/Increased Critical Damage and 4 link I would remove Faster Casting or Life Leech

Auras

Clarity for mana regen and Grace for evasion.

I am not using Herald of ice because I wanted a build that was 100% safe against reflect.
Concentrated effect will boost damage a lot and the range of Glacial Cascade is still ok but I do not recommend it because reflect

Both physical and elemental reflect will hurt against big groups of monsters. I have done reflect maps and it is possible if you are careful.

Passive Skill Tree: http://poeurl.com/zkoSpPg

Gear:
Spoiler

Offence (without power charges):
Spoiler

Defence
Spoiler

Leveling Guide Self found in a new league:

Spoiler
Normal

Use Lightning Tendrils up Brutus.
Start using Glacial Cascade at level 10 after Brutus.

Make a +1 level cold wand.
To make one you have to vendor 1 Magic(blue) wand, 1 Alteration and 1 Sapphire Ring. You can buy a Sapphire Ring from the vendor, If she doesn't sell check every level after level 10.
The wand must have at least 2 linked blue sockets. Should not be hard to find or buy from the vendor.

Go back to town Before Merveil and get Added Lightning Damage from Nessa, link it to Glacial Cascade.
You can use a 2 liked +1 GC + Added Lightning up to act 2 cruel without problem.

Get Herald of Thunder in act 3. Not Herald of Ice. The lightning damage from Herald of Thunder will shock when you crit and it is safer against reflect. You can use both later if you play softcore or beta where the ice explosions cant be reflected.

After you kill General Gravicius you can get Cold Penetration if you want. Not needed but will add some damage. You have to make a new 3 linked wand 2 blue and 1 green socket.
Cold Penetration and Added Lightning are only used for leveling.

Cruel

Skill tree at the start of cruel:
http://poeurl.com/zmgv2de
Get some mana regen if you want but I just use 2 mana flasks.
Spell Damage is much better than cold and elemental damage because a big part of your damage later will be physical and chaos that only scale with spell damage

Get Eldritch Battery as fast as you can and start using Clarity + Arctic Armour as any other caster build for now.

Replace Cold Penetration with Faster Casting when you get it from weaver in act 2.

Do the Library quest in Act 3 to get Added Chaos Damage. Start leveling it but dont replace Added Lightning until it will give you more damage or close to the same damage

Nothing you really need in Merciless other than Spell Echo from the Act 3 Library quest.
You will have 2000-3000 dps entering Merciless. Start doing maps around 5000 dps if I can remember correct.

You can use a 3 linked +1 wand all the way to maps. Or a 4 link with GC, Added Chaos, Faster Castin, Added Lightning until you get Spell Echo.

Cap resist, get good life on gear, Get a wand with spell damage, get a 5l chest, start using life leech gem.

Skill tree 72 points:
http://poeurl.com/zmgCwCT

Skill tree 96 points (around level 80):
http://poeurl.com/zmgDiVs

This is where you want to get Acrobatics, start using Grace, stop using AA or use a low level AA, get a 5l Carcass Jack, get evasion/es gear.

Use a wand or a dagger and shield. Saffell's Frame is a really good shield for this build. You need a really good dagger for it to be worth dual wielding and spec in to the dual wield nodes. I didnt do it until level 90+

Quest rewards

Normal

Act 1
Lightning Tendrils
Breaking Some Eggs - Storm Call Vaal orb if you can hope to get a Vaal Storm Call
Brutus - Glacial Cascade
The Siren's Cadence - Added Lightning Damage

Act 2
Intruders in Black - Arctic Armour
Sharp and Cruel - Power Charge On Critical or Increased Critical Damage

Act 3
Lost in Love - Herald of Thunder
Sever the Right Hand - Cold Penetration

Cruel

Act 1
Enemy at the Gate - Lightning Warp
The Caged Brute - Clarity
The Siren's Cadence - Reduced Mana

Act 2
Sharp and Cruel - Faster Casting

Act 3
Lost in Love - Arctic Armour
Sever the Right Hand - Increased Area of Effect
Library - Added Chaos Damage

Merciless

Act 1
Mercy Mission - Increased Duration
The Caged Brute - Lightning Warp
The Siren's Cadence - Faster Casting

Act 3
Library - Spell Echo

Gems you have to buy or find:

Life Leech
Cast when damage taken
Immortal Call
Enduring Cry
Reduced Duration
Grace
Last edited by Caroso on May 8, 2015, 10:45:36 AM
Level 98 Update. Some changes in the skill tree and all gems 20/20 or higher
Level 99 update. I'm done.

This was my 3rd high level character. I started playing Path of Exile a few weeks after Torment and Bloodlines started. My first was a Leap Slam Scion in Torment and my 2nd was a Arc Witch in Bloodlines.

I was playing solo 90% of the time. I played in a group up to level 90 but people died and stopped playing.
I almost always had problem with my map pool. I wanted to stop at level 98 because of this but other people in the top 20 contacted me and wanted to share maps.

I have found:
10+ Exalted Orbs
5 Divine Orbs
1 Eternal Orb
1 6 link Armor

Many 1-5 ex items. Belly of the Beast, Cloak of Defiance, Carcass Jack and many more

0 very rare uniques like Shavronne's Wrappings, Void Battery, Kaom's Heart. Pretty unlucky here.

I have 5 linked 20+ items and 6 linked 3

Spoiler

I was using the Carcass Jack. The other 2 never sold. Both was linked white. The Vaal Regalia crafted with Alterations, Regal and 2 Exalted orbs. The Assassins Garb was a very lucky Alchemy Orb.
i will use this build at 5d-solo HC, but i want know, i realy need go for evasion/dodge? coz have 50% less energy shield for EB.And how much dps i can use HoI without rip?
Last edited by darksady on Apr 24, 2015, 1:12:51 PM
Any videos?
Grats on the level - would it be viable to do in the 5 day self found race??
ign: Kza_Taza
"
darksady wrote:
i will use this build at 5d-solo HC, but i want know, i realy need go for evasion/dodge? coz have 50% less energy shield for EB.And how much dps i can use HoI without rip?

The spell dodge and Added Chaos Damage gem is the reason I can run this build without Vaal Pact and still take very little damage from reflect.
The build was made to work self found without Cloak of Defiance because I knew that it would be hard to get one early in a 1 month league and without Arctic Armour because you need a lot of mana regeneration to use a high level Arctic Armour.

Take the aoe nodes in the Witch and Templar area first and Acrobatics around level 60-70.
Use wand and shield. You will probably not find a Divinarius in a 5 day race. Wands can get cast speed and are much easier to craft because you cant mastercraft spell damage on a dagger.

This would be my skill tree up to around level 70 and spec in to more life, crit and maybe power charges later.

http://poeurl.com/zkZZvxB

Dont take cold damage or elemental damage nodes, half of your damage will be chaos and physical.
Glacial Cascade is easy to level with. I started using it when I got the gem from Brutus normal.

I never tried Herald of Ice so I dont know but I know people that have died from ice explosions on reflect packs. Herald of Thunder will shock when you crit and works good with cruse on hit.
Last edited by Caroso on Apr 25, 2015, 12:12:49 AM
"
kareNZa wrote:
Grats on the level - would it be viable to do in the 5 day self found race??

Yes very viable. I didnt buy any gear up to level 80
"
Kickfiz wrote:
Any videos?

Me trying Atziri for the first time. Recorded in standard after the 1MHC league ended.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2IyF6Kt2Gb0
Last edited by Caroso on Apr 25, 2015, 4:17:38 AM
lovin the build so far :D

what about the bandits? ty <3
IGN: onechaosonekill @ NEMESIS

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info