Our Press Tour is Complete

Do I feel a sense of deflation around here? But I signed up to the beta! I helped GGG before, time to sacrifice 2 months of my life to do this again!
POE is a constantly evolving game, so expect balance changes, buffs and nerfs STILL!
"
THEHORNEDRAT wrote:
Do I feel a sense of deflation around here? But I signed up to the beta! I helped GGG before, time to sacrifice 2 months of my life to do this again!

Did anything happen when you clicked the sign up button aside from it saying you signed up? I didn't have to sign in or put in any info... but I guess it went as planned?
Dreamfeather Elemental Cleave Ranger: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1087616
Seriously a closed beta? I was expecting the thing to be on live servers in about a month or so. Holy shit im so dissapointed right now
the hype kept me up till 4am, how am i sposed to sleep now lol hype overload
"
Tempada wrote:
"
THEHORNEDRAT wrote:

Did anything happen when you clicked the sign up button aside from it saying you signed up? I didn't have to sign in or put in any info... but I guess it went as planned?

Simple as that. I suppose its now waiting for them to send you the link. But why closed then? Vet applications? Would this mean an NDA as well? hmmmm.
POE is a constantly evolving game, so expect balance changes, buffs and nerfs STILL!
"
jallaland wrote:
Seriously a closed beta? I was expecting the thing to be on live servers in about a month or so.

I guess we all did.........

"
Holy shit im so dissapointed right now

Not sure how I feel about it right now. :/
German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
Last edited by 666lol666 on Apr 10, 2015, 12:27:52 PM
I think it's fairly simple to speculate why it's a closed beta for the expansion. They're adding so much new content that there will be too many bugs to iron out before a full release, so why not have an army of eager players do the ironing for them, rather than waste their limited resources? It makes sense to me in that perspective, but I don't care much for the idea of playing a beta simply for the reason that I hate playing only to have characters/items wiped. But I'm excited to see the new additions and I feel like it would be beneficial for GGG and myself to partake, simply because it helps them sort out any unforeseen exploitable bugs and myself to familiarize with the available skill tree, gems, and jewels before the release.

Overall, I'm pleased and like the direction GGG is going with this idea and will continue to support them.

Edit to mention that I would very much appreciate some sort of confirmation aside from "Signed up" though, such as an email confirmation. "Signed up" doesn't seem very reassuring otherwise.
Still in the alpha stage, but at least build diversity isn't an issue: https://wolcengame.com/home/
Last edited by JNF on Apr 10, 2015, 12:35:59 PM
Very amazing that the changes are likely so deep that a beta is required, cause this is gonna f*** stuff up.

+1
"
Tempada wrote:
"
THEHORNEDRAT wrote:

Presumably, you were already signed into your account here before you clicked the button. So they already have all your info that they need from that.
Looks very good - especially the new netcode options.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info