Item Filters

nevermind
Last edited by ItBitesHard on May 19, 2015, 8:35:35 PM
Hi,

is it possible to adjust the sound files to my liking? Where are they stored?

Cucu..

Bee´s Funf Fun Builder .. Eifel
this cant be used on live version?
In first place: "Staff" param is not recognized as Class for rules.

Few thoughts about how to improve filters - make it cumulative. I mean if i have several rules suitable for the same item - works only first and all other are ignored.
Whould be great if several rules works with same item (like in CSS).
For example what i want and what not works for now
Show
Class Currency
SetFontSize 28

Show
BaseType Scroll Fragment
SetBackgroundColor 0 0 0 150

Show
BaseType "Exalted Orb" "Mirror of Kalandra"
SetTextColor 255 0 255

Show
BaseType "Mirror of Kalandra"
SetBorderColor 255 0 255
PlayAlertSound 5 100
Last edited by axazol on Jun 23, 2015, 11:22:36 PM
"
Tanakeah wrote:
Ok, looked at it more and it definitely looks nice and seems to be a decent solution. However, obvious question for me is...is this going to be something we can access via the Options menu and not have to go into any of the game files and what not? I know that might sound really stupid, but I am genuinely asking and going to assume that this is something that is going to be something you can set while in game and change around as such?

Also, with the amount of options and the like, is there going to be some sort of in-game tutorial/guide to assist players in knowing how to write out the scripts for those that may have never done such formatting before? Definitely NOT trying to sound like a jerk here as I am glad for something like this, but just wanting a little more clarification. :)

Thanks for this post I was about to ask the same exact stuff .

This item filter personalization explaination is too vague for me personally and I don't want to copy / paste someone else's filter that disables stuff that I want to pick up or see for that matter .

SO , what is GGG going to do about it ?
Last edited by skaterboy80 on Jun 30, 2015, 4:56:00 PM
"
Chris wrote:
"
Tanakeah wrote:
Ok, looked at it more and it definitely looks nice and seems to be a decent solution. However, obvious question for me is...is this going to be something we can access via the Options menu and not have to go into any of the game files and what not? I know that might sound really stupid, but I am genuinely asking and going to assume that this is something that is going to be something you can set while in game and change around as such?

Also, with the amount of options and the like, is there going to be some sort of in-game tutorial/guide to assist players in knowing how to write out the scripts for those that may have never done such formatting before? Definitely NOT trying to sound like a jerk here as I am glad for something like this, but just wanting a little more clarification. :)

On the options screen, you can choose the filter script file to load. These scripts could either be written by you (the format is pretty simple as you can see in Jonathan's post) or you can download one written by another user.

Excuse me for double posting , BUT the explaination is too vague for me and not simple at all .

I bet tons of people will not be able to create their own filter .

So , can we expect more detailed guide of how things should be written etc ?

What if the person that writes the filter options decides to troll people and disables showing valuable orbs in his filter ? Then what .

Can we expect some kind of moderation from GGG and help when trying to personalize our own filters or is it a " There you go guys , now you're on your own " thing ?
Last edited by skaterboy80 on Jun 30, 2015, 4:54:55 PM
"
Armorpiercer wrote:
um, great, but......

do we have to be programmers, to aply this to the game ?
or it will have user-friendly GUI ?
thx

"
Laminar_Flow1 wrote:
The excuse out of the gates that its too big to program, or too big to fit in the UI, is laughable.

This is the cheap fix. And that's it.

It caters to a small, vocal minority of people, while leaving the vast, silent majority outside wondering what the hell is going on.

'Cut and paste scripts' as the solution to those unable to figure out the script language, is a flunky one at best.

This is poor game design and even worse implementation.

GGG, you should have taken another 4 months, or more, and gotten this into the UI, properly.

this ^
Last edited by skaterboy80 on Jun 30, 2015, 5:35:26 PM
Christ.

I don't normally post in this manner but whining about the text file being a text file instead of a built in UI is absolutely ludicrous.

GGG has provided a new feature. It is up to you to use it or not. Why are you complaining?

If you don't want to use it, don't. If you want to use it, learn to use it, and do.

No, you don't have to be a programmer to use it. It's not a programming language. Do you see conditional statements and loops in the text file? Do you see class definitions and functions? Heck, do you even see values getting assigned to variables?

It is just a text file, which is a top down list of what to show and what to hide. It's as simple as that.

Even if this feature was built into the UI, you would STILL have to understand the logic behind the filters that you wish to use, so having it in a text file does not make it any more difficult. The ONLY advantageous thing that a GUI could possibly provide is preventing trivial syntax errors in the text file.

Also there will be plenty of respected and trustworthy people in the community (including streamers) who would be more than willing to share their own template text files that people could freely use.

If you don't like the game, don't play. If you don't like the feature, don't use it.

It's just beyond comprehension that people complain about what the developers do while playing a FREE-TO-PLAY game!

(GGG, thank you for providing this new feature and thank you for making this excellent game.)
yessssssssssss !! :D:D:D
thank you guys

--------------
|Goodjoberino|
--------------

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info