New Fortify Buff to improve Armour?

"
pneuma wrote:
Don't count armor out yet.

If the rumors about CwDT+EC/IC changes have any merit, armor may be back in business. That's the number one reason why armor is such a bad investment right now -- a passive 4L v. several gear affixes and tree nodes, no-brainer.

Fortify should be seen for what it is: an attempt to give a "melee-range-only" buff. My only real fear for fortify is that it might be too easy to obtain at range, or that stacking duration means a ranged character can duck in, hit one thing, then go back to ranged safety for 25-30s.

not quite

cwdt might be gone. but nothing stops self cast IC.

armor sucks because it sucks. not because IC. it is the elemental damage that kills. armor is irrelevant vs it so why bother

"
Yet another mandatory gem. I sure am glad they know how to fix the issues the game has!

so true

it looks like 1.0 CwDT one again. a gem designed with pretty much ZERO real-game experience completely ignoring abuse potential

mjolnr.. i wonder how STUPIDLY BROKEN nuke builds are going to be :)
"
mjolnr.. i wonder how STUPIDLY BROKEN nuke builds are going to be :)

A discharge-style Mjolner build probably won't be using this even though they will likely have the easiest time of it being that they can self-generate EDs with the Romira's/Voll's combo. They get much better mileage out of using a self-cast IC setup with IC > ID > Enhance as a base, which helps to completely negate physical damage. Low-life variants already run purities and have extremely high elemental resist with those and flasks, although if the damage reduction is global then it can help with the surprise elemental reflect that pops up. Though not sure if it would be enough to negate -max resists, which is what I would be looking at mainly in this skill.

Life variant Mjolner might benefit more from this since they don't normally run triple purity auras with the aura node enhancements, but then again, as a life build you really don't have too many aura choices to begin with so might as well stack defense. It could certainly help them out, but even then I'm not seeing it going to be too popular with a discharge build. However, I do see this potentially having possibilities with things like RF and Blood Rage if the reduction applies to degen effects. With being able to boost the duration of the Fortify buff via ID and tree modes, it makes it much easier to maintain and thus have EDs for when you need to refresh it and that could certainly have some thought-put needed.
"
"
Because every build uses lightning coil and taste of hate is a super common unique.

Not the point. The point is armour will be completely invalidated by these methods.

And my point was that this has nothing to do with Fortify; armour was already invalidated overpowered by LC (among other things).

I do believe this will make AR more viable (especially if the timing is similar to ECs), just still not as viable as LC.
Devolving Wilds
Land
“T, Sacrifice Devolving Wilds: Search your library for a basic land card and reveal it. Then shuffle your library.”
"
goetzjam wrote:
"
"
Because every build uses lightning coil and taste of hate is a super common unique.

Not the point. The point is armour will be completely invalidated by these methods.

Armor is completely invalidated by immortal call, you are really just speculating on it being added now, more changes will come, then educated discussions can happen, until then I suggest we wait, unless you like speculations, then by all means ignore me.

I share a similar opinion, by taking a step back we are going from a 100% reduction mechanic to a 25% one , even if it is mandatory it is most certainly a better spot than now
At the bottom of passive tree left from "BigTimeDuelistShieldBlockPassives" there are passives to improve fortify effect, can anyone give math on final % dmg reduction from hits pleaaase when it says "10% increased fortify effect"

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info