What are these gloves?

So, for anyone who missed the spoiler in Chris' QoL post (Guild stash highlighting screenshot):

So, anyone who's seen the Rampage gloves will agree that that's unambiguously a combination of them. 0 doubt. The question is, how do you get them? Or can you even get them?

Since Chris doesn't have any intentions in helping, it is on us to figure it out.

After I acquired all three gloves on standard, a few friends and me started collecting ideas and hints that might be related. Here are the points we came up with:
Spoiler
-First of all: What would be the base item of the new gloves? The base gloves are 3 different hybrids, so would this be a new base (the sacrificial garb of gloves)?

-The gloves all have unique effects. Maybe the recipe is related to them. In particular, maybe these items are involved:
Flesh and Spirit
- - 20% of max life gained: Some kind of instant flask? Forbidden taste?
- - Gain 5 souls for vaal skills: No idea. Maybe vaal orb (seems "uncreative"), no particular vaal gem seems fitting. I'd also consider Vaal Caress.

Shadows and Dust
- - Creates smoke cloud: Smoke mine gem? Maloney's nightfall is likely too young to be related.
- - Unholy might: 30% of phys as chaos sounds a lot like Atziri's Promise (Vis Mortis seems a bit of a stretch).

Null and Void
- - Invulnerability to phys: Pretty obviously immortal call.
- - Dispels elemental status ailments: This one is hard. 3 flasks with all "dispels x" sounds too complicated. If we stay with unique flasks, the only slightly related ones would be Doedre's Elixir and Divination Distillate. Taste of Hate would also fit but it's pretty young, too.

We don't know when the recipe was introduced, so using newer uniques is not out of the question, but it would still be weird.

-The rampage gloves were, together with the rampage league, introduced at the same time as the Forsaken Masters. We sporadically checked the master dialogues, but the only notable thing was Haku's Kitava dialogue (mentions Flesh + Spirit in the same sentence). Multiple other masters also talk of flesh or spirit, but the other gloves' names never really appear. Needs deeper investigation though.

-In my tests, all gloves had the same socket/link/color setup (bgrb). I will not attempt to make them all have a white socket in the same position. In general, I won't vaal the gloves (but others are free to try with theirs).

In good old figuring-out-vendor-recipe-style, I threw everything and the kitchen sink into the vendor to see if it works.

Every gem (except vaal IC) has at least 1% quality (like in the previously discovered recipes), same for the flasks. The gloves all have 20% quality, the divine flask is seething (of staunching).
Items I didn't have around or didn't check at the time: Vaal caress, taste of hate, divination, doedre's elixir.

Mind you, while I'd interpret Chris' response as confirmatory, it's still entirely possible that these gloves are not currently available. I didn't find the artwork inside the game files, but I didn't dig all that deep.

Things people could do to help:
-Sift through the lore (especially masters) and report anything that could be related.
-Come up with (at least remotely reasonable) ideas for recipe ingredients.
-Screw around with the gloves yourself. Beware, Null and Void can cost multiple ex in standard. I mean, only 20 of them are on poe.trade atm...
-Hold a GGG employee captive until they tell us the recipe (and hope they don't have Vorici send an exile).
But most of all:
-Perform an exhaustive search in the game files for the gloves/their artwork. If we can obtain them right now, the client should have information about them.

Looking forward to your input!
Last edited by MauranKilom on Mar 28, 2015, 6:41:34 PM
its not obtainable now. Wait 1 month and get them then :P
LLD BOTW spark/arc caster guide http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1133731
Source?
"
MauranKilom wrote:
Source?

Common sense.
What's the big deal? It's just a pair of unique gloves from the upcoming expansion, no?
my bet...thunderfist race reward alt art
https://poe-ssf.herokuapp.com/. Join the fun.
SSF HC Legacy Witch Lvl 53
alt art
For all your up-to-date Path of Exile news and events, check out the official Path of Exile Forum here -------- http://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/
"
MauranKilom wrote:
Source?

they have yet to quietly introduce new unique items in the game.

They always tell us how many they did, and if they are obtainable normally
LLD BOTW spark/arc caster guide http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1133731
Why would they patch in those gloves now? They probably add them if ever with act 4.
With the existence of agnerod's east and agnerods' north and allusion to 2 more, confirmation by charan that unleashed will require the other 2 goddess forms, plus the whole taming recipe, Im led to believe these will be obtainable by act 4 (as will agnerods true form)
Oblivious

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info