Alchemy orb recipe.

"
NorrYtt wrote:
Ideally I chance a Mjolner but I haven't yet.

don't give up, it's always the next gavel.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
xytras wrote:
Thanks for the replies. Whats the best way to get Alchemy Orbs, other than trading?
vendoring items that give you alchemy shards. that is how most people stack a lot of alchemy's

also with a program like procurement, you dont have to keep all names of loot in your head if you want to do the name recipes, it will analyze your whole stash and tell you each alchemy name/chance name recipe you have possible in stash and all inventories.
All you need to do is vendor a broken crown or some other unique that gives 1+ alcs
Sure, the lab can be hard, but it's pretty easy if you're properly geared, and not terrible at the game.
"
Rowanbladex wrote:
All you need to do is vendor a broken crown or some other unique that gives 1+ alcs

I save up trash uniques to vendor together, they always seem to give alchs although I haven't figured out exactly how. I tried at one point and I couldn't find a rule to follow and it is not a lot of currency anyway. Just better than vendoring them one at a time it seemed (but not even sure about that). Now I feel like I need to go figure it out -_-
I often do an Alch recipe involving 20% quality normal, magic and rare items. I do it with help of Chance orbs applied on a base item that has chance of good unique, my preferred item is currently Slaughter Knife. You first apply 20% quality to white item and than chance it.
It feels like this should be the other way around.

Getting 3 items with same name requires some luck. Hence the Orb of Chance.
Nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent.
"
NorrYtt wrote:
For me, I pick up white Gavels from the ground and vendors. 4 Whetstones for 20%, then Chance. If blue, vendor with low level map for Chisel. If yellow, keep it and when I get another blue and white it's an Alchemy (20% normal Gavel + 20% magic Gavel + 20% rare Gavel = 1 alchemy). This only takes up 12 squares in your map stash tab.

Uhm... dude, you do realize that you're effectively trading 3 chisels for an alch, right? Is there any league where that's a good trade? In standard a chisel is almost exactly an alch, maybe slightly less. And 66 maps are entirely worthless, so you really are just sacrificing pure value by using gavels for the single-alch recipe.

Now, for those that chance occultist's vestments for fun....
The best way to get alchs imo is just by vendoring rares, which for many affixes give you alch shards. When I was running a mf dom farmer in bloodlines I was making at least 20 alchs per day, on top of 600+ alts.

Just running maps and selling rares will work fine too. That's what I'm doing in 1Mhc since I'm trying for top 20 and have no time to mf.
Last edited by Nerdicide on Mar 30, 2015, 12:47:41 PM
"
"
NorrYtt wrote:
For me, I pick up white Gavels from the ground and vendors. 4 Whetstones for 20%, then Chance. If blue, vendor with low level map for Chisel. If yellow, keep it and when I get another blue and white it's an Alchemy (20% normal Gavel + 20% magic Gavel + 20% rare Gavel = 1 alchemy). This only takes up 12 squares in your map stash tab.

Uhm... dude, you do realize that you're effectively trading 3 chisels for an alch, right?

I agree, chisels would be better as long as you had the maps. Out of maps? Sure, grab the alch. I'd be surprised if you ran out of maps before chancies though.

"
Nerdicide wrote:
The best way to get alchs imo is just by vendoring rares,

This all day long. Mfing and selling the rares is pretty much the answer to currency generation besides flipping.
i tried
"1 x normal, 1 x magic, 1 x rare (all 20% quality) of the same base type"

Superior Padded vest (normal)
waxed garb of haze (magic)
eagle keep silk robe (rare)

all at 20%

should that work?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info