Fresh lvl 60 witch - need help

ah, THOSE boxes. ok...
120$ ARCTIC SUPPORTER
Black cat, Arctic portal, Arctic skull hatred, Arctic footprints, 2x Arctic Weapon, 20 skins, +3 tab
i found this in my stash, i thought level 1 cannot beat level 35 wand (like in D3)

seems its better, then both my current weps.

daaamn.
120$ ARCTIC SUPPORTER
Black cat, Arctic portal, Arctic skull hatred, Arctic footprints, 2x Arctic Weapon, 20 skins, +3 tab
Last edited by Armorpiercer on Mar 25, 2015, 10:00:16 AM
"
i found this in my stash, i thought level 1 cannot beat level 35 wand (like in D3)

Verified

seems its better, then both my current weps.

daaamn.

Yeah, POE is absolutely no about linear gear progression where all that changes are the numbers getting bigger on your items...

Some builds require crappy low level uniques because they change some mechanic of a build...

POE is more about items drastically cahnging or adding mechanics to a character than pure numbers. Many of the above uniques could be called shit by a first glance but can be absolutely crulial to the way a char functions.

regards
okey.

last Q, i hope. if i have 2-28 fire damage on rings, is this added to every single spell/atack, or only for those, who has fire in description ? thx.

Ye, D3 is simply one way. take higher level item, dont look back.

But its fine this is different. Just need to learn the mechs here.
120$ ARCTIC SUPPORTER

look at the difference between those added damge mods.

Added damage on gear only adds to attacks not spells if not stated specifically otherwise.

Also I recommend you read the mechanics thread in the gameplay section of the forums. It explains alot about spells/attacs and other mechanics. I think.

regards
"
Armorpiercer wrote:
okey.

last Q, i hope. if i have 2-28 fire damage on rings, is this added to every single spell/atack, or only for those, who has fire in description ? thx.

2-28 fire damage will only be added to physical attacks. If the mod was "5% increased fire damage" it would apply to spells that already do fire damage. So if you use the standard projectile attack of your wand, the fire damage will be added, if you use eg. the Barrage Skill gem the fire damage will be added too. If you cast Freezing Pulse, this damage won't be added. You'd need +% cold dmg or +% elemental dmg or +% spell dmg to buff FP. To profit from +% fire or lightning dmg with FP you'll need another source that adds fire or lightning damage to spells, like Herald of Thunder or a Cold to Fire Support gem.

Basically plain added min-max damage will only be added to attacks that require a specific weapon type. Spells (and DoTs like the Searing Bond totem) do not require a specific weapon and will only profit from +% damage.
ok, made changes to skill tree

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMABAcI9BBYEVAUsBZvF1QYaho4HRQdTyKBJy8snC0fMJc1uTmKOlg9X0SrRtdMLUyzUlNVrlXGVkpXK1gHXypmnmpDbRlxhXgvfOWCEIIegpuD2448j0aPppBVlSCX9Jo7m6GeoacrrJivm7FCvOq9gsAawFTB89Wm2wvfit-w4XPjaukC6-TsOO088xH31_rS_rM=

also changed skills and some items.

HP goes from 1200 into 1780
DPS from 1200 into 2400 (and still got shitty items)

also added speed.

But found out a bug, people in chat told me, its known, i didnt see, it could work. found it accidentally. You could activate skill, that isnt on your bar. :(((( sad.

120$ ARCTIC SUPPORTER
I'd remove the Cold Penetration gem and rather put in a Faster Attack gem. Also the Item Rarity gem imho won't be very effective, because it will mostly be you killing the mobs and not the wall. Better put a Faster Casting gem into that slot.

The "bug" afaik is no bug. You eg. can turn on Auras and replace the Aura icon with another skill to use. Though the skill gems must be active. So if you swap weapons and the aura gem was in the former active weapon/shield it gets cancelled automatically.
Well, firstly id like to thank for the frost wall tip, its huge help in gameplay indeed.
I like it.
Somehow i like also vaal skele, as sometimes, the army can kill some "unkillable" boss, without loosing my life, and risking 10% XP loss.

I made again some refunds in skill tree. also changed rarity gem and some others things.
For all my wealth up to yesterday, this means 4 C + some alch, I bought 5L, which is rdy now, but missing chroms, now to finish changes to gloves. (or better find new one, thats next step)

new items

updated skill tree

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMABAcEswj0EFgRDxFQFLAWbxdUGGoaOB0UHU8igScvLJwtHzCXNbk5ijpYPV9Eq0bXTC1Ms1AwUlNVrlXGVkpXK1gHXypmnmpDbRlxhXgvfOWCEIIegpuD2448j0aPppBVl_SaO5uhnqGiAKcrrJivm7FCvOq9gsAawFTAZtWm2wvbXt-K37Dhc-Nq6QLr5Ow47TzzEffX-tL-sw==

im lvl 63 now, A3 M, before solaris. (5 maps already droped)

Dunno if firstly finish M, is it needed ? i heard there is only 1 map as bonus..... so maybe start maps and will see how it goes.

HP now 2180
DPS from pulse 2800

(still pointing to no-crit freezer, so DPS low compared to others, but tree must be like that +-), now need better wands, boots, gloves, rings, amus, belt... :)
only armor and helm is fine atm.

next 4 points will go again to RT. (2 points need refund also)

120$ ARCTIC SUPPORTER
Last edited by Armorpiercer on Mar 27, 2015, 6:25:53 AM
"
Armorpiercer wrote:
… but missing chroms ...

You can always sell an item that has at least three linked slots, one of each color (RGB), to an NPC vendor, regardless of quality/type, to get a chromatic orb in return.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info