Fresh lvl 60 witch - need help

"
so teoreticly level 1 wand, with 12% spell and +40% spell damage, could be better, then level 59 wand, with +97% physical ? is this correct ?

Yes this is correct.
The damage stated on the weapon itself is used only for attacks and does nothing for spells.
Spells do damage based on their level, fixed amount, you can look it up on the wiki.
Spells damage is only affected by:
spell damage
elemental damage
cold/fire/light damage
total damage
possibly AoE damage
possibly projectile damage
enemy resistances

Some uniques offer added damage to spells like:

Some auras add damae to spells:

some stuff adds damage or converts portions of damage from your spells based on their own base damage:

Take the EK gem, it does physical damage, hatred, added fire, Herald of fire add damage based on the base physical damage. The other items I posted are an example of conerting base damage to another damage type which is usefull sometimes for status ailments, reflect dealing, scaling of damage.

"
still how can 2H staff benefit over 1H + shield lets say ?

A two handed stuff can be either of the uniques I mentioned whcih ahve offensive stats not found on 1handed equipment.
Also a 2handed staff can roll: +1 gem level +2 cold/light/fire gems, therefore increasing the socketetd gems level by +3 if corresponding in element. Since spell damage is based on the level of the gem that can be a huge difference. But at the same time you need to link the gem in that specific item and the staff needs to be at least 5linked to give you actualyl an advantage.

regards
Last edited by derriesen on Mar 25, 2015, 8:31:30 AM
damn.

gear = bad
skill tree = bad, can refund some, but still, id like to build it different now, from the ground. (ill play with this, and in 1 month ill recreate it from 0)
used skills = bad (like hatred instead purity of ice for 1 shot.)

funny. 2000 HC D3 hrs, and useless here......

Thank you very much for valuable infos.

and, regarding flasks. 2x life, 1x speed. (last 2, cold and armor ?) or armor isnt worth... and should take lets say, lightning ?
I guess chaos flask is useless, when i dont have ES. right ?

120$ ARCTIC SUPPORTER
Black cat, Arctic portal, Arctic skull hatred, Arctic footprints, 2x Arctic Weapon, 20 skins, +3 tab
Hey, it isnt that bad, I didnt get to lvl 60 and merciless on my first character I think.
Also nothing that oyu cannot cahnge. Only thing you couldve gone for a build with less requirements, the romiras is pretty expensive for new players. But youll get there.

My flasks atm:

Remove bleed is pretty mandatory in merciless as is freeze removal. The curse remove on the mana flas is pretty nice too. I run a mana flask because I spent about 200 mana per cast and cast 4.2 times a sec. My mana regen is not quite keeping up ^^
Armour flasks only make sense when investing in armour i find.
You can sport a Chaos resist flask when you feel that youre dying too much to sources of chaos damage.

Chaos damage is a threat to every character when not using chaos inoculence which makes you immune to it. But the damage source is pretty rare.

regards
Getting a high life pool heavily depends on items and +% life nodes. As you stated in your first post you currently have no currency to buy things, and probably also not enough orbs of regret to reskill your tree. Until you find appropriate gear you can compensate the lack of defensives with a spell totem linked with frost wall (and faster casting). For this purpose I'd remove the normal skeletons and use the vaal ones only. If you have the gems not available, play some areas and hope for a gemcutter's strongbox to appear, then use some orbs (augmentation, alteration) to craft the "contains 8 additional items" mod on it and hope for some lucky drops.

Since you already have a Spell Echo gem, I recommend to choose the Cast when damage taken gem in A3 merciless as reward for the fixture of fate quest and set up CwDt with either Enduring Cry+Immortal Call or Molten Shell+Warlord's Mark or the second Arctic Armour gem you currently have to get additional defense.
"
Salumba wrote:
Getting then use some orbs (augmentation, alteration) to craft the "contains 8 additional items" mod on it and hope for some lucky drops.

waaaaaait

i dont understand this mechanics ? :)))))) can you explain.

ye, and btw, cannot craft more then 1 mod yet on items.... which master grants this ?

120$ ARCTIC SUPPORTER
Black cat, Arctic portal, Arctic skull hatred, Arctic footprints, 2x Arctic Weapon, 20 skins, +3 tab
Last edited by Armorpiercer on Mar 25, 2015, 9:35:57 AM
"
ye, and btw, cannot craft more then 1 mod yet on items.... which master grants this ?

I think he meant using alteraionts on boxes and when they only get one mod use an augmentation orb to get a seccond.

Otherwise:

Elreon by lvl 8, but the mod costs 2EX. You wont need it atm. Its good for crafting higher tier stuff on items like this:

Atm you will be able to get decent upgrades by just finding stuff, look for at elast life and one resist on each piece of gear, when not able to cap out resistances use auras for that. You will be fine once you understand the basic mechanics of this game.
Last edited by derriesen on Mar 25, 2015, 9:35:44 AM

what is difference when i have on ring

2-28 ligthing damage
2-28 cold damage ?

isnt it the same ?
120$ ARCTIC SUPPORTER
"
derriesen wrote:
"

I think he meant using alteraionts on boxes and when they only get one mod use an augmentation orb to get a seccond.

still dont know what you are speaking about.

what is boxes ? how to craft boxes ?
120$ ARCTIC SUPPORTER
Last edited by Armorpiercer on Mar 25, 2015, 9:40:36 AM
"

what is difference when i have on ring

2-28 ligthing damage
2-28 cold damage ?

isnt it the same ?

Its two different damage types.
You have, lightning, cold, fire, physical and chaos damage (and burning, DoT and degen I guess but they occur within those types) in this game, all of those types gets resisted/mitigated by other stuff:

resistances
armour
flat reduction
percentual reduction (endurance charges)
Immortal call

Which also goes for mobs, so some types of damage will be better against certain enemies depending on their stats. Thats what you use your curses for.

Different damage types also inflict differnt status ailments on crit or by chance through skills items or the tree:
fire: Burning damage - burns the target for some percantge and time (wiki)
cold: freeze and chill (chill on every hit, freeze only on proc/crit)
lightning: shock - damage against shocked targets is increased by 50%

regards
Last edited by derriesen on Mar 25, 2015, 9:47:20 AM
"
derriesen wrote:
"

Exactly. Armorpiercer, always carry a few orbs of Transmutation, Augmentation and Alteration in your inventory. Strongboxes are like normal items as long as they're not opened. When you find a grey strongbox you can use the Transmutation one to make it a blue box with one or two mods. If there's only one, use one Augmentation to add a second mod. If you are not satisfied with the mods, use one Alteration to alter them (doing so can also result in the box having only one mod, so a second orb of Augmentation is needed to add a second mod again) until you hopefully got what you want. Then open the box.

You can use most of the orbs on boxes, eg. you can turn a blue into a yellow one by using an orb of Alchemy (or a grey one with an orb of chance if you're lucky), or use a vaal orb to corrupt it (and all items it drops), etc.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info