EphemeralEverAfter – Self found “no regrets” death poll for the 1 month hardcore league

"
johnKeys wrote:
good luck man.

but... why choose a build/play-style that's so weak early on?
I actually think your chances of a RIP are much higher in Normal/Cruel, compared to Merciless and Maps if you manage to reach those.
Thanks for wishing good luck, EEA will probably need it. :)

Fire trap speeds up the early leveling process quite a bit, compared to how it would go with just summons.

"
... Damage accrues so slowly in normal/cruel due to tiny pack sizes, so if you have a logout macro, you're safe even from leap slam chain-stunners and the like. It doesn't matter how weak you are, as long as the gameplay isn't so slow/boring that you give up.

I don't disagree with your statement. I just don't use macros.

I agree that pacing is key to enjoying the game.

"
BackwoodsS wrote:
Ive played summoner straight from lvl 1. It is not that bad :). I did carry around a 2h with no passive support for some extra dps until around lvl 35.
This has also been my experience. And, leveling up a summoner from scratch goes faster and faster, as experience accumulates.

Still, I'll freely admit that no racer will ever hear the footsteps of a character of mine close behind any of their characters. :)
Now that prestige classes will finally leave lab in 4.0, will GGG get it right this time or will they find new ways to repeat old mistakes?
Level 45-ish piled in Sewers =)

GL GL GL
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015
My guess is RIP at level around 50, no idea in which area, but it will be due to instance server glitching out, followed by a lag spike and a disconnect. "Always online" FTW!
The more you depend on forces outside yourself, the more you are dominated by them.
--Harold Sherman
Last edited by mruuh on Mar 26, 2015, 5:20:33 AM
EEA is now level 28 and in the Sarn Encampment.

All quests in Acts 1 and Act 2 normal are done. No quests in Act 3 normal have been started yet.

Life: 608
Energy shield: 268
Mana: 311
Armour: 73 (10%)
Evasion: 359 (34%)
Resists: 72/0/73/0 (fire/cold/lite/chaos)

Passives:
Now that prestige classes will finally leave lab in 4.0, will GGG get it right this time or will they find new ways to repeat old mistakes?
did you have a Sapphire Ring back in Act 1?
because taking on "new and improved" Merveil with 0 Cold Resistance, seems tricky even in Normal.

also, leveling up with Fire Trap is a really good decision. wp.
do you have enough minions at this point? you'll need them for act 3.
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
"
johnKeys wrote:
did you have a Sapphire Ring back in Act 1?
because taking on "new and improved" Merveil with 0 Cold Resistance, seems tricky even in Normal.

also, leveling up with Fire Trap is a really good decision. wp.
do you have enough minions at this point? you'll need them for act 3.
I bought two sapphire rings from Nessa before fighting normal Merveil.

I've had enough minions for where I've been in the game. I'll definitely want more and stronger minions later.

I really only need minions to pin mobs long enough to feed them traps and raging skulls. Then I can re-summon as needed and move forward.
EEA is now level 33 and at the library waypoint. In act 3 she's done the Tolman quest, the "3 busts" quest, Undying blockage, and Gravicus. So far the quests have all been straightforward to finish up.

Luck with gear has been unremarkable, overall. But, EEA was lucky enough to find a staunching flask, thus avoiding the need to spend some alts getting one ready for Living blood magic spawns and for normal Dominus. Also, she found Faster attacks in a gemcutter's box, which for now is supporting raise zombie. +15% quality Enfeeble was also found in a rare gemcutter's box and, because of a shortage of blue sockets, it is currently leveling up on weapon switch.

I took raise spectre and fire penetration as the first two quest rewards in act 3. Fire penetration will hopefully help fire trap stay relevant longer and raise spectre is a core skill gem for later.

Life: 653
Energy shield: 404
Mana: 362
Armour: 37 (4%)
Evasion: 331 (28%)
Resists: 72/22/66/0 (fire/cold/lite/chaos)

Passives:

Fixture of fate is up next, followed by Swig of hope, then Piety.
Last edited by EnjoyTheJourney on Mar 28, 2015, 12:57:26 AM
EphemeralEverAfter finished up normal difficulty this evening at level 36. She is now in Lioneye's Keep in Cruel difficulty, having just taken Discipline as her quest reward for defeating Hillock.

Most fights were straightforward. Two exceptions were a Living Blood boss that spawned near a doorway in Scepter of God, which needed careful handling, and Trinian Intellectus Prime, as the Trinian was taken over by a Tormented Spirit and he kept using Vaal cold snap while I tried to whittle down his numerous adds.

Basic Information
Spoiler
Life: 724
Energy shield: 488
Mana: 428
Armour: 76 (7%)
Evasion: 462 (31%)
Resists: 72/56/56/-20 (fire/cold/lite/chaos)*

* cruel difficulty

Passives

Gear worn for the normal difficulty Dominus fight

Spoiler

Next up, I'll run normal docks for a while to try to get a good Vaal gem and to get one of the several masters currently at level 2 up to level 3, to get a hideout started.
I love how you write down everything in detail, and "enjoy the journey". Kudos for your OP! ;)
Hope you keep enjoying it, and die at Brutus, so it can end in an epic way! (truth: business is business :-D).

Spoiler
Turnes out you can play self-found, enjoy the game and not complain about it not being exactly fit for your needs. More kudos!
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
Level 70ish, lvl 66-68 maps to voidspawn beyond boss spawn.
Last edited by Waves_blade on Mar 30, 2015, 11:57:15 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info