Currency Drop Rate

I don't know if I'm just bad or what, but I have been incredibly addicted to this game for a few weeks now. I play hardcore, have a 70 tornado shot ranger, and some other melee chars I'm working on.

I am totally baffled by how utterly little currency I get after investing lots of hours into lots of play sessions. Like...I'll come out with some chromes, and like 1-3 fusings.(Usually just 1.)

Then , I read stuff like you need 1500 fusings to buy a 6-link from the Master guy? ...1500?

I really love this game but I am totally lost on how the hell you're supposed to get 5-links or 6-links, or nice gear, without spending real money on RMT sites.

I mean I've put way too many hours in for my own good these past 3 weeks and I don't even know what an exalt looks like, I have 10 chaos. Maybe I'm doing something wrong, feel free to enlighten me.
pick up every rare item you find, ID, sell for alts. Upgrade alts > jewellers > fusings.
Save up the fusings or trade them in for exalts to buy more expensive items from players.

Best way to do it is level a character to around 80, use the free reset that comes with one of the main patches and rebuild it to a dedicated magic find character. aim for around 80-100 quantity and 350ish rarity. then either run dominus (boring but effective) or low level maps with high quantity to maximise on rare drops.
I close my eyes, tell us why must we suffer
Release your hands, for your will drags us under
My legs grow tired, tell us where must we wander
How can we carry on if redemption's beyond us?

To all of my children in whom Life flows abundant
To all of my children to whom Death hath passed his judgement
The soul yearns for honor, and the flesh the hereafter
Look to those who walked before to lead those who walk after

Shining is the Land's light of justice
Ever flows the Land's well of purpose
Walk free, walk free, walk free, believe...
The Land is alive, so believe...

Suffer [Feel] Promise [Think] Witness [Teach] Reason [Hear]
Follow [Feel] Wander [Think] Stumble [Teach] Listen [Speak]
Honor [Speak] Value [Tell] Whisper [Tell] Mention [Hope]
Ponder [Hope] Warrant [Wish] Cherish [Wish] Welcome [Roam]
Witness [Roam] Listen [Roam] Suffer [Roam] Sanction [Sleep]
Weather [Sleep] Wander [Sleep] Answer [Sleep on]

Now open your eyes while our plight is repeated
Still deaf to our cries, lost in hope we lie defeated
Our souls have been torn, and our bodies forsaken
Bearing sins of the past, for our future is taken

War born of strife, these trials persuade us not
(Feel what? Learn what?)
Words without sound, these lies betray our thoughts
Mired by a plague of doubt, the Land, she mourns
(See what? Hear what?)
Judgement binds all we hold to a memory of scorn
Tell us why, given Life, we are meant to die, helpless in our cries?

Witness [Feel] Suffer [Think] Borrow [Teach] Reason [Hear]
Follow [Feel] Stumble [Think] Wander [Teach] Listen [Blink]
Whisper [Blink] Shoulder [Blink] Ponder [Blink] Weather [Hear]
Answer [Look] Answer [Think] Answer together

Thy Life is a riddle, to bear rapture and sorrow
To listen, to suffer, to entrust unto tomorrow
In one fleeting moment, from the Land doth life flow
Yet in one fleeting moment, for anew it doth grow
In the same fleeting moment thou must live, die and know

Cast upon in to the tides of RNG and bless us thee great one oh shall thee merciful upon us oh bless up with your holy light.

Glory to the RNG
Glory for it shall thee
Glory for it shall bring us to paradise

( You aren't doing anything wrong OP currency drop rates are shit, To make money upon this game; You must learn to trade and that's the end of story. )

Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Last edited by Coconutdoggy on Mar 18, 2015, 7:22:47 AM
What the above person is trying to say:

You need to go crazy to make currency in this game.
I'm a forum warrior, i was born to post, raised to defend my league. Now my post has been removed, chained and exiled by mods who Ban. Ban is my brother; i do not fear it. I see it in the eyes of men and beasts that i troll. It will take me to play the actual game when i am ready and i am not ready.
Where are you farming? There's a currency drop penalty if you're over-leveled for the area you're in. From the "Game Mechanics" section of the wiki:

Level difference currency penalty

There is a penalty to the chance of currency items (scrolls, orbs, etc.) dropping in areas with a monster level more than two levels lower than a character's level. For each additional level that a character has compared to the area's monster level+2, the chance of a currency item drop is reduced by 2.5%. So a level 30 in a level 20 area will see 20% less currency item drops on average:
2.5*(30-(20+2))=20
A level 30 character in a level 28 area will see no penalty. Currency item Drops are not increased or decreased in this way when fighting in areas above your level. For the purposes of this penalty, your level is never considered to be higher than 68. Therefore a level 75 character receives no penalty in a level 66 area.

There are two modifiers that affect drop rates in the game, increased item rarity, and increased item quantity. There are three potential sources of these modifiers:
- the player (skills, passives, gear etc.)
- monsters (such as bosses and champions)
- Party bonuses
Modifiers from the player stack additively with each other, and are subject to diminishing returns. Modifiers from the party bonus and monsters stack additively with each other, and are not subject to diminishing returns. The total player bonus stacks multiplicatively with the total party & monster bonus.

___

That being said, I've had extended dry spells in what should have been prime zones, and then had an exalt drop from a random normal mob. RNG is still RNG; sometimes frustrating, sometimes quite rewarding. Don't give up; my skills are far below average, and I've managed to build up a decent amount of currency. Sell alts for jewellers, jewellers for fusings using Elreon and Vorici's Master deals. It builds up quickly.

"Experience is the best teacher,but there's only one seat in his classroom."
Play with honour and show some class - www.theAmazonBasin.com
Zarabeth - Level 89 Ranger
Wicked Wanda - Level 87 Witch
Xarabeth - Level 79 Scion
Last edited by OldeSchool on Mar 18, 2015, 7:27:17 AM
the drop rates in this game are a complete and utter joke. they hide behind the excuse of, " if we increase drop rates it will ruin the economy"

I have 800 hrs played and only had 2 EX drops. This is unacceptable to me.
drop rate is fine for anyone not born in the instant-gratification era.
more drops > more inflation
you want something, work for it, much for satisfaction when you finally get it. I spent over 4 months saving up to get 1500fus for my first 6link and it felt great when I got it!
"
spawn10459 wrote:
the drop rates in this game are a complete and utter joke. they hide behind the excuse of, " if we increase drop rates it will ruin the economy"

<Removed by Support>

2 Characters above level 80, grind more if you want exalt drops
Lowest level Hardcore Atziri Kill ~ Level 65 ~ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hyDB6Haa6U8
Level 100 Tempest HC with self-made and most played build of POE 2.0 ~ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlTUOhqEZ9s
(✿◠‿◠)
Last edited by Eben_GGG on Mar 18, 2015, 7:58:46 AM
"
yotmato wrote:
"
spawn10459 wrote:

<Removed by support>

woah we got ourselves an tough guy here and using the basic d3 insult

hehehehhe hes so clever ^^
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Last edited by Eben_GGG on Mar 18, 2015, 8:00:20 AM
"
yotmato wrote:
"
spawn10459 wrote:

<Removed by support>

You. Are. So. Hardcore.

GRINDING for exalt DROPS. Muahahahaha.
The Sirus fight is a disgrace.
Last edited by Eben_GGG on Mar 18, 2015, 8:00:32 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info