New Skill Development - Part 3

Thanks for the update Rory. My most recent build in Torment is designed to hopefully be a "Taunting" tank (using Decoy Totem and Enduring Cry), but I'm still levelling to my desired level).

I look forward to seeing how the "Taunt" mechanic evolves and I certainly hope it allows for unique monsters to be taunted (perhaps if built for it... might raise a suggestion post), as it allows for better group synergy.
Chris Wilson: "Today was the proudest day of my life."
Yeah...I'm starting to see desync will be affecting abyssal cry regularly. The report explains it well. It's a great idea, but I can't help but imagine using it and seeing enemies walk toward me, only to find out they are desync'd way further off. This would be way too common in maps with movement speed modifiers wouldn't it? Monsters with different movement speeds would constantly trip over each other trying to get to you. I hope I'm wrong but the testing will be critical for this skill.

FYI I'm not bashing the skill, I'm talking about desync here.
I wonder if Hillock-Senpai will notice me when I go to town??
Chaos implosion looks so luvly
Please please PLEASE, allow at least the Taunt of the Warcries to work on unique enemies.

Being able to build a character that does very little damage but instead tanks a lot of damage would be extremely beneficial to PoE as a whole, adding an entire new build style to focus around damage avoidance for the party via taunts and defense, with very little in way of attack.

You would allow actual Tanks as the general RPG meta considers them, to exist in PoE.

As it is now, building to be very tanky is good, but there's really no way to force an enemy to pay attention to you, and that often ends up causing your friends, who play glass cannons, to get sent to SC prematurely.

It'll be a great way to inspire teamwork amongst players.

IGN: Bravo_Thirsty
u got paintskills :D
Last edited by sharii on Mar 17, 2015, 8:29:53 PM
Really interesting, thanks for sharing.

When it comes to visual effect clarity are all curses going to be standardized in the future?
It is kinda weird right now with the old curses, new curses, and then only necros having their own cast effect.
When I kill a man he stays dead.
that's good, but it's hard to get excited about this without knowing whether they'll be triggerable or not. no dps-oriented melee player (ie someone that isn't a boring ass tank) wants to stop and cast spells ever, nor would it ever actually be worth it compared to our 6l primary attack.
The Holy Trinity:
Tank = Taunt
Healer = Aurabot
DPS = (pick one)
I need more purple titles
thats awesome GGG KEEP UP THE WORK
rawrawr
"
StrayYoshi wrote:
Yeah...I'm starting to see desync will be affecting abyssal cry regularly. The report explains it well. It's a great idea, but I can't help but imagine using it and seeing enemies walk toward me, only to find out they are desync'd way further off. This would be way too common in maps with movement speed modifiers wouldn't it? Monsters with different movement speeds would constantly trip over each other trying to get to you. I hope I'm wrong but the testing will be critical for this skill.

FYI I'm not bashing the skill, I'm talking about desync here.

Yeah this should be a big concern, recently my desync has gone the opposite way where I actually get teleported forward into a group of mobs for having to high movement speed.

Have no idea if it's due to coding or me getting a new ISP that gave me 20 less latency though.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info