Feels like EK could be a little stronger.

ya reflect isnt even a thing tbh unless you go pretty hamwild crit with it. My tank spec is over 29k tooltip dps atm and reflect is nothing because my damage is 50% phys and 25% fire, so arctic armour just soaks it up (other 25% cold, hatred, standard), I have 1% physical leech from the atziri belt and I run both phys and ele reflect maps on it.

I have a dual wield spec thats more ham deeps, more crit, its a bit over 48,500 tooltip without power charges or any damage flasks up, 6 casts per second... I tried running a phys reflect map, got about half way through before I killed myself, but kill myself I did machine gunning crits into a surprisingly small pack of monsters. Phys reflect aura hasnt proven a problem, but Ive not extensively tested the spec tbh, need to properly grind it up to the 90s.

I dunno about shotgunning 29k or 48k tooltip spells with 10 projectiles tbh. Im not gonna lie, if they enabled it I wouldnt complain lol.

Tree is interesting, going ci? Mind driker doesnt work btw, physical attacks, its a spell so sadly no joy with that node.
EK, in my brief experience with it, is weak during leveling. Though, on the upside, EK does reach respectable numbers later on. And, as phys, monsters won't ever resist your damage as they do for elemental skills. Also, you won't care about +75% cold res and elemental equilibrium maps, and you won't take 7 minutes to kill one rare Fetid Shambler on the same map.

P.S. Allowing EK to shotgun with 10 projectiles? May as well delete every other spell from the game.
Last edited by toyotatundra on Mar 16, 2015, 1:27:07 AM
"
toyotatundra wrote:
EK, in my brief experience with it, is weak during leveling. Though, on the upside, EK does reach respectable numbers later on. And, as phys, monsters won't ever resist your damage as they do for elemental skills. Also, you won't care about +75% cold res and elemental equilibrium maps, and you won't take 7 minutes to kill one rare Fetid Shambler on the same map.

P.S. Allowing EK to shotgun with 10 projectiles? May as well delete every other spell from the game.

yeah im sure your hatred, herald of ash, added fire gem that you use to inflate your damage isnt resisted at all. fluff dps so as to speak

ek needs significant investments in range(aoe) AND pierce to make it actually clear mobs fast, when other spells already comes with one or the other for free.i can reach same dps with ice nova and clear much faster because its has such a large aoe and auto pierce without compromising dps with shit like pierce gem.

EK pre-nerf one of the best builds I seen in HLD before it got "balanced"(lol), it's up there with the EA marauders/scion and 2H RT Heavy Strikers. But even after the nerf to the gem, the build was still perma freezing/15 second chilling huge crowds in sarn arena. Thing is though, after the nerf, it might appear to be effective still in pvp, but its just really really weak now in pve.
"Get rich or die grinding"

Lvl 100 Ascendant - RadioactiveSago: HIGHEST KB tooltiplordz in all of PoE (view-thread/1636451)
Lvl 100 Assassin - Chonkeyy: Omnislasher 2 mil DPS Flicker Build (view-thread/1571744)
Last edited by OJ8_Graz on Mar 16, 2015, 1:50:23 AM
Hey chon yeah - Only way to do EK is CoC lol
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Mar 16, 2015, 2:21:50 AM
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
ya reflect isnt even a thing tbh unless you go pretty hamwild crit with it. My tank spec is over 29k tooltip dps atm and reflect is nothing because my damage is 50% phys and 25% fire, so arctic armour just soaks it up (other 25% cold, hatred, standard), I have 1% physical leech from the atziri belt and I run both phys and ele reflect maps on it.

I have a dual wield spec thats more ham deeps, more crit, its a bit over 48,500 tooltip without power charges or any damage flasks up, 6 casts per second... I tried running a phys reflect map, got about half way through before I killed myself, but kill myself I did machine gunning crits into a surprisingly small pack of monsters. Phys reflect aura hasnt proven a problem, but Ive not extensively tested the spec tbh, need to properly grind it up to the 90s.

I dunno about shotgunning 29k or 48k tooltip spells with 10 projectiles tbh. Im not gonna lie, if they enabled it I wouldnt complain lol.

Tree is interesting, going ci? Mind driker doesnt work btw, physical attacks, its a spell so sadly no joy with that node.

Yeah CI. Actually immune to everything.
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1215973

Chaos, elemental and physical! stay tune. Mind drinker is for fat 12% mana and on way to ghost reaver.

Current tree made like 15 level since OP
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Mar 16, 2015, 2:24:36 AM
EK is just like ST, needs some really nice gear to be stronk at high level maps. IMO, it s well balanced, that s why GGG doesn't nerf those skills anymore. The reason it stands out so weak is because a dozen of other skills in the game are completely OP.
Last edited by Dr1MaR on Mar 16, 2015, 4:44:10 AM
EK is shit ( compared to some others spells ) but viable.
IGN TylordRampage
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
Mind driker doesnt work btw, physical attacks, its a spell so sadly no joy with that node.

This.

Yeah, should've mentioned that Snorkle has a cool build too, it just hasn't been updated in a while and you need great gear to get his kind of dps.

Range. Good point there. The base range of EK should really be increased. It's pretty pathetic if you don't have Faster Projectiles, even with projectile speed on a wand and Sniper + Ballistic Mastery on the tree.

EK's totally doable as CI, but I think it may not be as tanky as you expect unless you do something like Incandescent Heart + Aegis or Pledge of Hands. Life builds have the benefit of being able to take Phase Acro (and still run AA) with the right gear, and chaos damage is annoying but easily avoided as long as you have some movement speed (or Lightning Warp).
Dreamfeather Elemental Cleave Ranger: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1087616
Ran EK to level 91 in Rampage. Yup, my single target sucked. I certainly couldn't carry in a 6 man (and sometimes I felt like I needed to).

Man though...it cleared fast solo. It was cheap, tanky, and picked up a lot of movement speed. Ran 78 maps ok and facerolled 77s. Could not run Atrizi or the Trio is the 79 map.

Overall I liked it a lot.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info