Traps overpowered ? :/

also works on totems and minions and animate guardians. There are plenty of opportunities to proc HoT. You need to be a caster with some shock chance or crit to take advantage of it though.

IF you are melee arc is often too slow to cast especially with temp chains so you might be better off with a bow swap rain of arrows.
LLD BOTW spark/arc caster guide http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1133731
"
jcostello1 wrote:
"
sejwaldevansh wrote:
"
Sacr0 wrote:
herald of thunder is really helpful vs traps. also arc destroys them. or grab a quicksilver and dodge them.. i think they're really strong, but not op

Herald of thunder strikes if we kill a shocked enemy , if the opponent is already dead then traps are not a problem i guess ....

Breaking a trap usually causes herald of thunder to trigger, the trap gets shocked before it is killed.

yep thats right, if you run HoT and manage to destroy a trap, HoT is triggered. i dont know why and i might be wrong but when i use it, it seems to trigger 100% of the time, killing all other traps around.
Mayb it has to do with me playing templar and having 10% chance to shock via passive tree. wouldn't explain the 100% trigger rate tho..

Also, when HoT is trigerred and enemies throw traps at you, it happens quiet often that the trap is destroyed before landing/beeing able to activate.
Herald of thunder strikes if we kill a shocked enemy , if the opponent is already dead then traps are not a problem i guess ....[/quote]

Breaking a trap usually causes herald of thunder to trigger, the trap gets shocked before it is killed.[/quote]

yep thats right, if you run HoT and manage to destroy a trap, HoT is triggered. i dont know why and i might be wrong but when i use it, it seems to trigger 100% of the time, killing all other traps around.
Mayb it has to do with me playing templar and having 10% chance to shock via passive tree. wouldn't explain the 100% trigger rate tho..

Also, when HoT is trigerred and enemies throw traps at you, it happens quiet often that the trap is destroyed before landing/beeing able to activate.[/quote]

Traps have 1 hit point. So wouldn't any lightning damage shock it? Same reason herald of ash is crazy strong vs traps. Herald of ash def needs some looking into in terms of burning damage vs traps especially in high level duel.

I would say traps and mines both need lowering in damage.
Dublicious

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info