[LOOKING TO UPDATE FOR 2.0] [1.3] DW (Soul Taker & Dory's) Crit Cyclone Acro, VP, 5.2k Life, 154k

Okay so I tried on Duelist using this tree: http://poeurl.com/zhcqURp

I'm at 124k Tooltip HoA + HoT + Hatred.

4,7k Life.

Uncapped Resists with the same gear.

RIP Regrets, but damn if anybody could make it more efficient and test it out themselves let me know - I really want to test out more ideas

Not the results I was expecting.

Keep in mind I'm 5 levels under my Templar, I should definitely be able to hit the 5k HP, though, the DPS is still in the question.

Let me know if any other suggestions come up!
Last edited by ClumsyParasite on Mar 15, 2015, 4:56:02 PM
well done sir, well done
I know some people have some damage tooltip fetish but isn't this build too squishy even for them?
You have like 6 weapon range, Abyssus with no armor, no evasion, 5k hp with belly at 91, you have to swap gems to deal with reflect maps which suggests to me you just die to random reflect mobs on maps. Might be a good build for controlled environments like Apex I guess.

As a self-cast IC user, I don't think the setup you posted is HC-viable at all, many mobs will stun you out of your casts with Abyssus (plus chargers have guaranteed stuns) which means you're dead. And you still kill yourself vs ele reflect.

"
Zed_ wrote:
I know some people have some damage tooltip fetish but isn't this build too squishy even for them?
You have like 6 weapon range, Abyssus with no armor, no evasion, 5k hp with belly at 91, you have to swap gems to deal with reflect maps which suggests to me you just die to random reflect mobs on maps. Might be a good build for controlled environments like Apex I guess.

As a self-cast IC user, I don't think the setup you posted is HC-viable at all, many mobs will stun you out of your casts with Abyssus (plus chargers have guaranteed stuns) which means you're dead. And you still kill yourself vs ele reflect.

Fair enough - I totally agree with you and have changed my phrasing!

As for the viability of the build - I can let you know right now I'm doing just fine in end game maps and there are certain things I can do to nullify any sort of reflect damage (Taste of Hate, Atziri Flask) that are always available to me as forms of mitigation. Reason I'm not using them in my main setup is purely greed (I've always had a thing for speed , and having two Quicksilvers up forever makes my Path of Exile experience just so much better.

I mean, dealing with things like desync (especially with Cyclone and constant Leap Slams) is definitely an issue that's just completely unavoidable. Getting jumped back into a pack and chain stunned because it turns out you never actually started your cast of Cyclone? Extremely possible. Not even going to argue against it - it sucks.

But, hey... It's a sacrifice I'm willing to make giving it's the way I like to play the game!

HIGH RISK = HIGH REWARD.

I am not going to spend upwards of 200 Ex on a single build, especially not on a single piece of gear. I think this build does well in achieving a magnificent amount of damage/defenses for the price, at least in relation to other builds which might not even clear nearly as fast.

I won't be able to do Uber without major changes to the build. I'm okay with that. I've already tried looking at it, and there is just no way to go around with that incoming damage without swapping out helms and other pieces of gear for more tankiness.

Thanks for the criticisms, always looking for ways to improve the build! :^)
Last edited by ClumsyParasite on Mar 16, 2015, 10:14:17 PM
"
Zed_ wrote:

I think he can mitigate the IC issue by just changing his links to mid level IC linked to cwdt for maps with chargers or hard hitting phys (cwdt can still proc if you're stunned right?)

As long as he starts each pack with enduring cry echo he should have enough IC duration when cwdt procs to be able to kill the pack and get more charges through warlords mark. Self cast just nets him a higher duration and less maintenance with enduring cry casts I think.
Now I see why your dps is low on duelist. Your skill tree is not fully efficient.

Try this: click me

For some reason you're ignoring both galvanic hammer and the mace phys nodes and instead going for less efficient nodes like eagle eye, fencing, and studious combatant. Also, scaling attack speed so much won't help too much in this build, since cyclone move speed mechanics give you all the attack speed you need. Our focus is on hitting super-hard for the HoA prolif to be most effective.

The last thing is that I would recommend finding some way to get power charges, they add a shit ton of dps as well as a lot more consistency to your crits.
For try, for see, and for know.

This is a buff
"
Etherfire wrote:
Now I see why your dps is low on duelist. Your skill tree is not fully efficient.

For some reason you're ignoring both galvanic hammer and the mace phys nodes and instead going for less efficient nodes like eagle eye, fencing, and studious combatant. Also, scaling attack speed so much won't help too much in this build, since cyclone move speed mechanics give you all the attack speed you need. Our focus is on hitting super-hard for the HoA prolif to be most effective.

The last thing is that I would recommend finding some way to get power charges, they add a shit ton of dps as well as a lot more consistency to your crits.

See, the thing is I'm using Dory's (Mace) and Soul Taker (Axe) - so getting all of these Increased Physical/Elemental Damage & Accuracy & Crit Nodes that only affect MACES would actually make this tree more inefficient than the one I used before.

edit:

screencap because I had currency to spend and respec using tree you linked

This is with the exact same gear as my templar
Last edited by ClumsyParasite on Mar 18, 2015, 10:15:30 PM
"
"
Etherfire wrote:

See, the thing is I'm using Dory's (Mace) and Soul Taker (Axe) - so getting all of these Increased Physical/Elemental Damage & Accuracy & Crit Nodes that only affect MACES would actually make this tree more inefficient than the one I used before.

edit:

screencap because I had currency to spend and respec using tree you linked

This is with the exact same gear as my templar

Shit, now I feel like an idiot. The tree I linked is indeed designed to be used with a second doryani's and blood magic in place of faster attacks. Do try that combo before switching back. If you do want to fully commit to the soul taker route, then use something like this: click me

Go into marauder for dps and life, instead of eagle eye and forces of nature. Also go into coldhearted calculation.

I'm not a huge fan of this approach, since I like taking advantage of weapon specific nodes to their fullest. However, you use vaal pact, so BM cyclone might be a bit uncomfortable in that case. In the end, your choice :D
For try, for see, and for know.

This is a buff
what about this build?
https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgIAm40ILu2DGY4AXtN-7-MDh5VmG61MYASxo4pNkiP2jX0wfH8r1opHfr02ZU2-pxm0ytMs6YTZY3BgQQAGFfZieVuv3Q1RR__eJP3nVDpCS3jdqDBx1CMFtY2_Ps-95rTFwuxsjGKsnao2PW1spcu1SHBSKgvz6onT7UGmf7GzFr9h4iaVVUuMNj8nKk0VIErIwHYUjhc-KjipbrXybqrYvTWStz7-Cjwtxq5o8q9sTP-iAPAfBLPhc5o7gpvvfDwFkFUnL-w4hX0pT9wjkn33MnKpxPaYb_ajr6fveuXP

using a 6L carnal chest with 1000+ eva and power charge on critical gem instead of faster attacks or melee phys dmg
that's my plan for the next 1month league, is it fine or is your version better?
"
what about this build?
https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgIAm40ILu2DGY4AXtN-7-MDh5VmG61MYASxo4pNkiP2jX0wfH8r1opHfr02ZU2-pxm0ytMs6YTZY3BgQQAGFfZieVuv3Q1RR__eJP3nVDpCS3jdqDBx1CMFtY2_Ps-95rTFwuxsjGKsnao2PW1spcu1SHBSKgvz6onT7UGmf7GzFr9h4iaVVUuMNj8nKk0VIErIwHYUjhc-KjipbrXybqrYvTWStz7-Cjwtxq5o8q9sTP-iAPAfBLPhc5o7gpvvfDwFkFUnL-w4hX0pT9wjkn33MnKpxPaYb_ajr6fveuXP

using a 6L carnal chest with 1000+ eva and power charge on critical gem instead of faster attacks or melee phys dmg
that's my plan for the next 1month league, is it fine or is your version better?

I honestly don't know what to tell you!

But one thing is for sure - this is going to be hard to do on the 1 month considering you won't see the huge spike in damage/surviveability until you get the two weapons (Both of which are 'end game' and super expensive, ESPECIALLY Dory's Sceptre at the start of a league)

Finding a good phys dory's is also going to take a while since the range on that weapon is kind of ridiculous

But hey man, good luck to you! I'm going to try and recreate something like this (A 'lite' version) myself for the 1 month and hopefully find a bit of success.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info